Barrington poker table thread (4 Viewers)

Got my Barrington today! $229 from Walmart. Maybe not the best deal but better than the $460 on Amazon. Impressed with the quality for the money. Love the matte vinyl as opposed to what the old pics look like. Should work out great for now but can't wait to rip er apart. Of course I'm already thinking of thicker padding, real leather for the rail and replacing or eliminating the cup holders. Now I just need to settle on a what chips to get.

View attachment 1204929
@Tony-m $229 is a great deal these days

Just finished the speed cloth upgrade. Pretty easy- about two hours of work. Next to add a betting line.
IMG_3606.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3604.jpeg
    IMG_3604.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 96
Probably a dumb question, but how are you going to add a betting line after you've already installed the speed cloth?
Most likely he will measure, outline, and then paint one on the cloth.

Got my Barrington today! $229 from Walmart. Maybe not the best deal but better than the $460 on Amazon. Impressed with the quality for the money. Love the matte vinyl as opposed to what the old pics look like. Should work out great for now but can't wait to rip er apart. Of course I'm already thinking of thicker padding, real leather for the rail and replacing or eliminating the cup holders. Now I just need to settle on a what chips to get.

View attachment 1204929
Thanks for the photo, @Tony_M :
It looks like these newer brown felt tables also have the updated vinyl rails like the blue felt tables from amazon :tup:

Any advice on upgrading the Barrington cupholders? Just ordered the blue version on Amazon for $241. Thank you.
I opted to go with these: Amarine Made 10 Pack of Stainless Steel Drop-in Cup Holders

You can get whichever size you think will work best for you. What I most found available were 3.5" (usually called "jumbo"), the 3.5" "dual bottom" like what I went for, and the 2.75" diameter which is the size that Barrington used. 2.75 is perfect for mostly beer and soda cans/bottles. If you want to use rock glasses or wider bottles go for the jumbo or "dual" size.

To install it's fairly easy procedure but here's a few tips:

Wait till you get your cup holders so you can measure them exactly. You'll need to get a hole saw WITH ARBOR that matches or is just slightly bigger than the outside diameter of your cupholders.

Use a heat gun or hair dryer on high to heat up the bottom of the cups while you apply gentle pressure upwards with a screwdriver or other such lever. The heat will soften the glue and it will come up easily after about 30 seconds.

If you're going with the 2.75" you might be able to just drill straight down from the top. If you go for the larger size you'll need to locate the center of the existing hole. What I would do is make a paper circle the size of the existing hole, pierce the center of the paper circle and use that as a template to mark the center point with a pencil. Next you'll want to drill a pilot hole as straight as you can at the center mark through the table. Then mount the hole saw in your drill and drill from the bottom of the table. You'll want to go slow and steady. The pilot hole should help guide you but try to keep the hole saw straight and keep it from wobbling around or it could jam and cause the drill to yank.

Next you just pop in the new cup holders and you're done! If they're a little loose put some tape around them to tighten them up. If they are too tight (I only had a 3.5" hole saw which was not large enough) you can either sand/file the holes larger or, what I did was ream the sides of the hole with the hole saw by purposely AND VERY CAREFULLY running the hole saw up and down at a slight angle in multiple directions to widen the hole just enough to get a nice fit.

Hope any of that made sense.

Just got mine. It came in a day and a half, I am shocked.

This is the first poker table I've ever owned, and I have to say that I am very happy with it. Obviously the flop/turn/river felt is very cheesy, but the blue felt doesn't look bad. Either way, I plan on grabbing a custom topper.

The table is sturdy and the arm rest is comfortable.

The only drawback is that it is incredibly awkward to carry by yourself. It's not egregiously heavy, but unless you are 6 foot+ with a long arm span, it's pretty difficult to carry since there's no natural way to carry it.

Edit: I know everybody knows what it looks like. I just wanted to share how mine came packaged and my thoughts on it as a new PCF'er/poker player. I found nothing wrong with it.
3.jpg
1.jpg
4.jpg

Nice! There’s a third party carrying case you can buy. Makes it infinitely easier to move around when folded.

You can also put handles on it. I did that and got the bag for my table. Still heavy and awkward but I can carry it up and down two flights of stairs.

Just got mine. It came in a day and a half, I am shocked.

This is the first poker table I've ever owned, and I have to say that I am very happy with it. Obviously the flop/turn/river felt is very cheesy, but the blue felt doesn't look bad. Either way, I plan on grabbing a custom topper.

The table is sturdy and the arm rest is comfortable.

The only drawback is that it is incredibly awkward to carry by yourself. It's not egregiously heavy, but unless you are 6 foot+ with a long arm span, it's pretty difficult to carry since there's no natural way to carry it.

Edit: I know everybody knows what it looks like. I just wanted to share how mine came packaged and my thoughts on it as a new PCF'er/poker player. I found nothing wrong with it.
View attachment 1215764View attachment 1215762View attachment 1215765
If you want to fix the "flop, turn, river" cheesiness, I've got the solution here for you: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/made-to-order-custom-table-toppers.96993/ :)

Pick up a bag for it from Amazon. You can put the handle over your shoulder and it is much easier to move around!

Global Storage Folding Poker Table Bag for 71" and 84"-Oval Poker Table,Two Sizes https://a.co/d/fY47YpU

Are you sure? I was looking at both of them the other day. The legs looked different on the brown, and they market it as "premium."
I have the brown felt version and it is the same as the blue one. They also sell a "premium" version that has brown pleather rails and supposedly heavier duty legs and plywood base but I haven't seen it in person. Frankly, the regular version is pretty well built and I can't see needing to get anything heavier.

There are quite a few variations on the Barrington table. Many different colors. Some with slightly different features.

6444210_rd.jpg

k2-_80b90b45-b536-4eb3-bba2-fe8c66a39f22.v1.jpg

6445356cv11d.jpg

20221112_152729.jpg

ARC084_017E-scaled.jpg

There are even a ton more versions I have seen out there while paroozing FB marketplace. Most are very similar.

The brown rail is supposed to be the premium version. I have not seen one of these live. The ESPN has the lights and is also slightly larger for the playing surface and when you fold it up. It will not fit in a standard bag if you purchase one from Amazon. There is a bag on Amazon that will fit it. I just don't have the link on hand. One better feature that the newer tables have, is the adjustable tension on the wire below the table. Also the newer tables have a matte finished rail.

I went down this more-confusing-than-it-should-be Barrington rabbit hole 2 weeks ago, and ended up with a "Premium" LED non-ESPN-branded version, from Walmart for $299. Black matte rails, and the playing surface (for custom topper purposes) seems a bit larger than the standard Barrington dimensions - pics below. (I believe I've read the same regarding the ESPN-branded LED table.)

See: Barrington 10-Player Poker Table with In-laid LED Lights, Brown and Black

For the $70 difference over the non-LED "Classic" it felt like a good buy, though LEDs likely won't get much use. (Having said that... I've already attached a rechargeable battery pack and dimmer to the bottom of the table.)

As @Tony_M mentioned the "Premium" (also apparently formerly called "Charleston") has a thicker "playfield," larger-diameter legs, larger cross panel/leg brace things, and apparently the cup holders are just over 1/8" deeper. Most retailers don't list them as "Premium" or "Classic" though - the easiest way to differentiate them in pics is that taller cross panel/leg brace.

barrington_chart.jpg

IMG_0089.jpeg

IMG_0090.jpeg

IMG_0056.jpeg

IMG_0055.jpeg

I went down this more-confusing-than-it-should-be Barrington rabbit hole 2 weeks ago, and ended up with a "Premium" LED non-ESPN-branded version, from Walmart for $299. Black matte rails, and the playing surface (for custom topper purposes) seems a bit larger than the standard Barrington dimensions - pics below. (I believe I've read the same regarding the ESPN-branded LED table.)

See: Barrington 10-Player Poker Table with In-laid LED Lights, Brown and Black

For the $70 difference over the non-LED "Classic" it felt like a good buy, though LEDs likely won't get much use. (Having said that... I've already attached a rechargeable battery pack and dimmer to the bottom of the table.)

As @Tony_M mentioned the "Premium" (also apparently formerly called "Charleston") has a thicker "playfield," larger-diameter legs, larger cross panel/leg brace things, and apparently the cup holders are just over 1/8" deeper. Most retailers don't list them as "Premium" or "Classic" though - the easiest way to differentiate them in pics is that taller cross panel/leg brace.

View attachment 1216485
View attachment 1216493
View attachment 1216494
View attachment 1216496
View attachment 1216497
I have not seen that version. I like it! Black or darker felt is nice if you are going to use a topper with it. That way, it won't be as noticeable if the topper doesn't reach all the way to the edge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom