Barrel House Tourney Poll (1 Viewer)

To those who have played at the BHBR....

• I like having both primary and secondary sets in play, they mix fine and its kinda cool

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • I would prefer just playing on the primary set

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

Irish

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
This is a quick question for those who have attended past Jersey meetups about the Barrel House tourney set. I put both the primary and secondary tourney chips in play at the same time (primary/secondary by table to start). If you had the choice, would you prefer to only have the primary chips in play across all tables? Or do folks like getting both primary and secondary chips in play?

Poll is anonymous so be honest, lol, I'm really just curious.

Primary
full

Seconday
full

I voted Mix & Match, but as someone who has issues with colors, having 2 versions of the same denom in play can be tricky.

Last edited:
I voted Mix & Match, but as someone who has issues with colors, having having 2 versions of the same denom in play can be tricky.
Thats why I love smaller edge spots on chips... more base color helps those of us with color restrictions. But 100% Matt I enjoy both of the sets mixed together...

(That is unless you are trying to justify another purchase with Mrs. Irish... In which case, it's horrible! Who old ever even think of putting two different chip of the same denom on the table at the same time! If this is no corrected immediately you will never see me again in Jersey as long as I live!)

Oh and PS... thank you for the cookies Mrs. Irish, Matt only let me have one and it was delicious. Lol

Conceptually, and just to see the chips in person, I like the mix & match but in practice people at our table did get a little confused (nothing serious though)

Ha! I never made past one player let alone one table and didn't realized there where multiple sets in play! I voted mix, but either works

Only concern I'd have with mixing the two sets is that the secondary $500 might have dirty stack issues with the primary $100 (both dark bases with green spots).

Leave out that $500 and a mixed set looks great imo.

Put all of those beautiful chips in play imo
This.

I grouped mine together between the primaries and secondaries because I'm a tad compulsive and to get a better sense of exactly how much I have, but the primaries and secondaries all play well together.

While I agree with @BGinGA 's concern of the dirty stacks/pots in theory, in practice the T100's were off the table by the time the two sets of chips would see felt time together. A total non issue the last two years we've played.

(That is unless you are trying to justify another purchase with Mrs. Irish...

Hahaha, no not really trying to justify anything. I had a dumb realization this morning that it wouldn't be quite as expensive as I initially thought to make the set "uniform" for the meetup, and figured I'd ask the question again. Based on chats I've had with folks over the years and as @BGinGA astutely observed, I think the secondary 500s are the tricky chip chip in the set. By the time we're really mixing tables, I usually have about 4 chips in front of me, so I've never personally been able to compare lol.

Any other poker group, I think it would be a no brainer to shoot for consistency. But being an event for chippers, it really doesn't surprise me to see the results and feedback so far :) I kind of enjoy using both sets - it's quirky, like me lol.

And sorry @Ben8257 I thought I mentioned there was a whole bag of the oreos upstairs, though Friday night was fairly blurry and I likely forgot (or slurred it), there was a good deal of whiskey consumed that evening....

Hahaha, no not really trying to justify anything. I had a dumb realization this morning that it wouldn't be quite as expensive as I initially thought to make the set "uniform" for the meetup, and figured I'd ask the question again. Based on chats I've had with folks over the years and as @BGinGA astutely observed, I think the secondary 500s are the tricky chip chip in the set. By the time we're really mixing tables, I usually have about 4 chips in front of me, so I've never personally been able to compare lol.

Any other poker group, I think it would be a no brainer to shoot for consistency. But being an event for chippers, it really doesn't surprise me to see the results and feedback so far :) I kind of enjoy using both sets - it's quirky, like me lol.

And sorry @Ben8257 I thought I mentioned there was a whole bag of the oreos upstairs, though Friday night was fairly blurry and I likely forgot (or slurred it), there was a good deal of whiskey consumed that evening....
You were literally huffing it dude
20230609_191840.jpg

And for those watching along at home, here are all the chips side by side:

full

full

full

full

full

And mixed stacks of all the workhorse chips:
full

full

full

full

full

lol, since you're taking photos, how about a barrel pick of pri $100s containing a couple of sec $500s, and a barrel of sec $500s with a couple of pri $100s? I suspect in good (photo) light it won't be a problem..... but it might be in low-light table conditions (or from a distance away).

lol, since you're taking photos, how about a barrel pick of pri $100s containing a couple of sec $500s, and a barrel of sec $500s with a couple of pri $100s? I suspect in good (photo) light it won't be a problem..... but it might be in low-light table conditions (or from a distance away).

This is the worst combo:

full

Btw these test pics are all from when the set originally arrived :) We've used the combined set at 3 meetups like this so far without major issue. Like Joe mentioned, by the time the chips really start mixing, there aren't many 100s on the table. Not ideal but it works.

I have BCC custom set that has primary and secondary that work fine together. Other than the possible dirty stacks scenario you mentioned they seem fine.

This is a quick question for those who have attended past Jersey meetups about the Barrel House tourney set. I put both the primary and secondary tourney chips in play at the same time (primary/secondary by table to start). If you had the choice, would you prefer to only have the primary chips in play across all tables? Or do folks like getting both primary and secondary chips in play?

Poll is anonymous so be honest, lol, I'm really just curious.

Primary
full

Seconday
full
Beautiful beautiful chips. But I don't think you need both sets. If you would send one to me that would alleviate all of the confusion and questions. I'm willing to do that for you. That's the type of guy I am

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom