ATTENTION, Jeep-freaks! (6 Viewers)

Thanks for tagging my thread! I knew this thread existed, but didn't even think about it when I posted my ad. Here are pics for anyone to lazy to click your link.

1619716502859.png1619716517246.png

This week I've been busy with a makeover. Here are before and after pics.

Before

LucilleNKD.jpg

After
20210429_150104.jpg

I went with Base Hydro Blue and Blaze Orange Edge Spots. It really pops in the light.

20210429_150112.jpg

20210429_150712.jpg

20210429_161255.jpg

Old school cigar package with blaze orange lighter and tumbler

20210429_161331.jpg

Attachments

• 20210317_133847.jpg
    20210317_133847.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
If anyone is thinking about trading in a Jeep, you should look at Carvana or VRoom, maybe even Carmax but the 2 others you can get a quote online. The used market is hot (shortage of cars + microchip shortage) and Jeeps are really hot. I got the same price I paid for my JLU new 3 years ago and now has 46k miles. Some are going for over sticker on used. Saved $5k vs trading into the dealer.

Carvana was very easy. Made appointment for home pickup. They didn't even crank it, just looked at a few checkoff items AFTER they handed me a check. The girl who came out couldn't drive a manual so I had to move it to the street for the tow truck to pick it up later. I think my neighbors thought they were repoing it since it had a lock box on the window. Then I drove around in my friends 2003 Monte Carlo for a week. LOL.

I want one of those Broncos pretty badly. SWEET ride.

Needed more blaze orange edge spots

20210511_182853.jpg

20210511_173019--7777.jpg
20210511_173320.jpg

Last edited:
I donated blood last week, and saw this in the parking lot on my way out. Never seen one of these before. Don’t know if this is real, or pieced together somehow. But it’s cool.

View attachment 703363
View attachment 703364

That is a restoration. Saw an original one several years ago at Dog Fish Brewery in DE. I'll see if I can find a pic. I'm no Jeep expert, but looks like a 1951 Willys Truck with late 70s wheels.

1622177298036.png

So... Roof off and nice sunny day. I went to the dentist and was locked in the chair when I heard the thunder. Came out to fine 3" of water in the Jeep. Drove home without any problems other than a wet bum. Interesting feeling to have water sloshing around my toes while driving. I removed the carpets and drain plugs and left her out in the sun to dry.

51235149254_8296a2fae2_c.jpg

51235434580_f9e91676e5_c.jpg

The next day there was still a wet smell so I went rooting around and found the cubby in the back and the place where they put the jack full with water. And found two more drain plugs!

51233665237_151e51e195_c.jpg

So a total of 10 drain plugs in the 4-door JK. The carpets are almost dry but I'm now thinking if I should bother putting the carpet back in or go with mats. Anyone have any recommendations?

The carpet helps with the heat and sound. I know many that have removed it and bed lined the floor. All complain about the heat, many complain about the sound.

Since it's already out, drive around for a bit, let us know what you think. Hopefully less noticeable if you have the top off.

The carpet helps with the heat and sound. I know many that have removed it and bed lined the floor. All complain about the heat, many complain about the sound.

Since it's already out, drive around for a bit, let us know what you think. Hopefully less noticeable if you have the top off.
You’re 100% correct - now that the Texas heat is set to 11, I’m almost burning my feet while driving. Had to have the AC blowing just at my feet to make it bearable. Carpets are now back in!

You’re 100% correct - now that the Texas heat is set to 11, I’m almost burning my feet while driving. Had to have the AC blowing just at my feet to make it bearable. Carpets are now back in!

The best replacement for OEM carpeting is Bedrug supposedly. I've talked to a few that have it and swear by it. They also have some others (I think Bedtread). Most favorable reviews of the bedrug. My carpet is still in decent shape, but someday might go that route.

I got a used LJ soft top off craigslist a while back and finally got the chance to swap my hard top for it for the summer. It's so great! Although I have discovered that the wind current pulls my beard up and in front of my eyes, which is not ideal while driving.

Looking good @Hot Nuts !

I had a issue with Death Wobble and had to bring my Jeep to my mechanic. So far, looks like it was caused by a cracked track bar bracket which has now been repaired and reinforced. No sign of wobble since, but I picked up last weekend and only drove it home.

I wanted to go wheeling this weekend, but all the forests are closed due to fire danger. There was an invite for a desert run, but I figured it would be too hot. So will wait impatiently for the weather to cool down, or for the forests to re-open.

Death_Wobble_Farley.jpg

Looking good @Hot Nuts !

I had a issue with Death Wobble and had to bring my Jeep to my mechanic. So far, looks like it was caused by a cracked track bar bracket which has now been repaired and reinforced. No sign of wobble since, but I picked up last weekend and only drove it home.

I wanted to go wheeling this weekend, but all the forests are closed due to fire danger. There was an invite for a desert run, but I figured it would be too hot. So will wait impatiently for the weather to cool down, or for the forests to re-open.

View attachment 770688
Don't forget how you end up sitting 6 inches higher up than before the wobble.

Question for the Jeep people. My TJ has that power outlet next to the cigarette lighter. I have been thinking about replacing that whole panel with this
unnamed.jpg

Question one is does anybody actually use that power outlet in the Jeep? Question 2 is if it would be easier to just replace that power outlet with this instead
unnamed(1).jpg

Question for the Jeep people. My TJ has that power outlet next to the cigarette lighter. I have been thinking about replacing that whole panel with thisView attachment 782719
Question one is does anybody actually use that power outlet in the Jeep? Question 2 is if it would be easier to just replace that power outlet with this insteadView attachment 782724

I use the outlet to charge my phone (USB adapter plug in).

The top one looks a little busy. I like the second one more. What features does that second one have?

I use the outlet to charge my phone (USB adapter plug in).

The top one looks a little busy. I like the second one more. What features does that second one have?
I ended up buying the top one and using it for it's parts. I put the USB outlet in the spot for my dead power outlet, drilled a hole in the fake ash tray to hold the voltmeter, and got a rocker switch at AutoZone for on/off.

Ran the Calico trails yesterday. This obstacle is called Hardtop Alley. I'd say a 1 in 10 chance of taking top damage if you don't take the right line. The guy behind me took a decent amount of table.

The YJ in front of me was used for Hammer races. It has a 350 motor from a Corvette. Pretty neat rig.

Hardtop_Alley.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom