ATTENTION, Jeep-freaks! (18 Viewers)

+ 1 moab. plenty of options for all skill levels and endless views.

20200904_142425.jpg

Curious how the jeep enthusiasts feel about the new Broncos? I'm strongly considering buying one.

I am scared of serious shit

I always suggest baby steps. That's how I got into it. I was afraid of any trail that was more difficult that the last. So would just occasionally try something a little harder.

Though I still look at some new obstacles and question WTF I'm doing lol.

Curious how the jeep enthusiasts feel about the new Broncos? I'm strongly considering buying one.

I haven't seen a single Bronco off pavement, only saw one from a few lanes over on the freeway. So until I see one on a moderate trail lifted on 35's, I just assume they're not the real deal. I've heard them compared more to the Jeep Renegade, not the Wrangler. Really only a concern if you want to wheel it. If it's mostly a daily driver or for back roads, then it doesn't matter.

@warewulf -You may be confusing the Bronco with the Bronco Sport. They are two different models.

I love my Wrangler.
I am very intrigued by the new Bronco. If it does everything Ford claims as well as they are saying, it should be a formidable competitor. But I will definitely be waiting a few years for the recalls, quality control, and aftermarket to catch up...then maybe I'll look into it. Right now I'm still not convinced.

@warewulf -You may be confusing the Bronco with the Bronco Sport. They are two different models.

I love my Wrangler.
I am very intrigued by the new Bronco. If it does everything Ford claims as well as they are saying, it should be a formidable competitor. But I will definitely be waiting a few years for the recalls, quality control, and aftermarket to catch up...then maybe I'll look into it. Right now I'm still not convinced.
Not my fault they made that confusing. If it's a different model completely, they should've called it something else.

Not my fault they made that confusing. If it's a different model completely, they should've called it something else.
Totally agree. Terrible move on Ford's part. Should have definitely kept these two as far apart as possible in people's minds.

OK, so I got a new hard top for my Jeep. Now I want to get it OFF of there!!

Anyone have a hoist system solution to recommend? Idiot-proof preferred. Something that I could do myself (1-person removal), and pretty fail-safe (I would be devastated if my new topper crashed to the ground).

Fairly easy to install would be a bonus as well.

Anyone have a hoist system solution to recommend? Idiot-proof preferred. Something that I could do myself (1-person removal), and pretty fail-safe (I would be devastated if my new topper crashed to the ground).
I don't have one, but I've heard Harken is the most popular.

Yesterday on a trail named Pumpkin Eater, a suitable name. Lots of large boulders including this one. I came close to flopping sideways. I slashed a side wall and someone broke a recovery rope. Other than that, a great day in the middle of nowhere.

PumpkinEater3W.jpg

Some video here. I was the camera man, so wasn't in the video.

Was at Fort Fisher State Park Saturday. Hadn't got my line wet yet and these idiots came in. Didn't appear they had aired down. Took 2 different Jeep winches to get them unstuck.

1618839941858.png

The water that day reminded me of the Southern Caribbean

1618840037569.png

1618840065448.png

1618840083911.png

These guys truly believe the more skinny pedal you use when stuck in sand, the easier it is to get out. Lol.

Fairly easy to install would be a bonus as well.

I bought this: http://www.racorstoragesolutions.com/p/detail/phl-1r

Screwed it to the roof joists and tested it with my son.

1618857817077.png

A few carabiners and you pass some straps either side of the top and it'll lift straight off. I think it's a 5ft or 6ft sling on either side. It's a manual winch up and down but easy to do solo. I added some pool noodles to act as a cushion but they're not really necessary as the top doesn't touch the rack. You can put the front panels on the rack before winching up to keep them out the way too.

1618857765724.png

Last edited:
Congrats! Any upgrade plans, or keeping it stock?
Thanks. I'm not sure. I'm not planning on any serious off-roading so no upgrades planned yet. My wife can climb aboard easily now with the stock setup so need to keep her happy.
3hr road trip to Garner State Park today and I freaking loved every minute of it.
IMG_20210420_183420875.jpg
IMG_20210420_183354950.jpg

I changed my oil today and put on some JKS quick disconnects, which took entirely too long. The old sway bar end links really didn't want to come off. Snapped one bolt and said "F it" and cut the other one off. Most of the bolts were a battle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom