ATTENTION, Jeep-freaks! (3 Viewers)

I had something similar happen to my JK, but that was from removing the doors too many times, dirt...

This comes to mind. :D

View attachment 526763
Perfect expression for that meme
1300259F-6E90-4B7D-9206-530384A40A5E.jpeg

I just went and picked up my LJ after getting it regeared. Drives great! They also fixed the rear trackbar mount which was partially broken and missing some bolts, and that eliminated a lot of the clunking I was getting from the back. But, now that the trackbar is connected right, I'm getting a ton of vibes from the rear driveshaft, so an SYE is now on my short list.

When I got there, I watched them lift the body off this LJ and roll the frame out to do an LS swap. :wow:

IMG_20201002_120555745.jpg

I just went and picked up my LJ after getting it regeared. Drives great! They also fixed the rear trackbar mount which was partially broken and missing some bolts, and that eliminated a lot of the clunking I was getting from the back. But, now that the trackbar is connected right, I'm getting a ton of vibes from the rear driveshaft, so an SYE is now on my short list.

When I got there, I watched them lift the body off this LJ and roll the frame out to do an LS swap. :wow:

View attachment 545228

If the DS is aftermarket, you can get it rebalanced or rebuilt.

When you've run out of things to buy for you Jeep, LS Swap time! :D

If the DS is aftermarket, you can get it rebalanced or rebuilt.

When you've run out of things to buy for you Jeep, LS Swap time! :D
It's original. The guy from the shop said it was a little loose, but recommended getting an SYE to fix the vibes. My LJ has a 4" Rough Country lift on it from a previous owner (and it definitely rides rough!) with a TC drop and fixed-length arms, so I think I'll need an SYE plus adjustable arms to angle the pinion right. Not a cheap fix.

OMG. Have I mentioned how freaking crazy you Jeep wackos are? (I say that with the utmost respect).

I went wheeling today (as driver), for the first time. It was legit off roading. I thought I had been previously, but after I experienced today, nothing prior really counts.

All I can say is...I freaking LOVE my lockers!! We did some hill climbs over some very rough terrain, at slopes that seriously made my butt pucker!! My friend who has been wheeling for years said “shit, I am glad I am not driving today!”. WTF? I am not going to listen to my (other) friend, next time he tells me, “there are some hills, but nothing TOO scary”. I call bullshit!

But wow, what a day!!!! I learned a lot about my Jeep, and it’s capabilities. It was 75 degrees and beautiful today...just about the best October day I can ever remember.

PS. Every Jeep in our group has a winch. Thank goodness. Some of those hills are just stupid!

57A1FFF6-AD6F-482B-BED7-66A78296EC88.png

It's original. The guy from the shop said it was a little loose, but recommended getting an SYE to fix the vibes. My LJ has a 4" Rough Country lift on it from a previous owner (and it definitely rides rough!) with a TC drop and fixed-length arms, so I think I'll need an SYE plus adjustable arms to angle the pinion right. Not a cheap fix.

Always a can of worms. That's what I've heard about RC kits. Like the name suggests, ROUGH. :D

It's always fixable, just depends on how much money and parts you want to throw at it.

OMG. Have I mentioned how freaking crazy you Jeep wackos are? (I say that with the utmost respect).

I went wheeling today (as driver), for the first time. It was legit off roading. I thought I had been previously, but after I experienced today, nothing prior really counts.

All I can say is...I freaking LOVE my lockers!! We did some hill climbs over some very rough terrain, at slopes that seriously made my butt pucker!! My friend who has been wheeling for years said “shit, I am glad I am not driving today!”. WTF? I am not going to listen to my (other) friend, next time he tells me, “there are some hills, but nothing TOO scary”. I call bullshit!

But wow, what a day!!!! I learned a lot about my Jeep, and it’s capabilities. It was 75 degrees and beautiful today...just about the best October day I can ever remember.

PS. Every Jeep in our group has a winch. Thank goodness. Some of those hills are just stupid!

Glad you got to take it out! I'm sure you'll find the lockers are that 'magic button' that get you over things.

Always fun when someone decides the trail first and then says "You *SHOULD* be ok!" When I was learning, there were definitely times when I was in over my head. We're driving up THAT???

That thing is TOO pretty! I don’t think I could take that on the trails, I would be too afraid of hurting it. But this bruiser...no problem :)

LOL

View attachment 547056
Yeah, I drive a lot for work so I prettied it up for driving, not off-roading. Also with a 9 and 11 year old fully engulfed in multiple sports I have no time for off-roading.
Just made my last payment so its officially mine. Upgrading the radio and getting tube doors next.

Took the dogs for a little ride in the Jeep this past weekend, to see some fall colors in the mountains.

Now, it's time to tuck the Jeep away for the winter, unfortunately. Hopefully I'll find a hard top by next spring. Until then...it's been fun, Yellow Jacket!

jeepin_dog.jpg

Can't go wrong with Warn. Get a Warn VR EVO 12. or the Zeon 12 if you've gotta have the best. Alittle more strength than the 9.5. (12,000lb capacity.)
Definitely stay with the synthetic line.

Took the dogs for a little ride in the Jeep this past weekend, to see some fall colors in the mountains.

Now, it's time to tuck the Jeep away for the winter, unfortunately. Hopefully I'll find a hard top by next spring. Until then...it's been fun, Yellow Jacket!

Good that you got out. Definitely getting harder to find an oem top. There are some nice aftermarket tops, but can get expensive. Though I really like the sliding windows on the Rally top.

I have a Warn winch on my Jeep, but would like something more powerful. (Found its limits this weekend, dragging down a large fallen ash tree hung up on an oak. I got it down, finally, but it was a struggle.)

Any suggestions? This is my current model:

https://www.rubitrux.com/warn-9-5-cti-s-winch-97600.html

That is a nice Warn. If you do need one more powerful. yours would sell pretty quickly. You could try using a snatch block to double the pulling power.

I have the Zeon 10, very nice. The 12 is also really nice and fast. If you really want more power checkout Super winch:

https://superwinch.com/collections/13-000

Good that you got out. Definitely getting harder to find an oem top. There are some nice aftermarket tops, but can get expensive. Though I really like the sliding windows on the Rally top.

I was looking at the Rally Top today!! Yeah, it's pretty expensive, but I think if I find an eom, it's going to be nearly as expensive (in the $2500+ range)...and it might take me a long time to find. I'm thinking I should just pay a little extra, and get that thing shipped! Would probably be worth the extra cash, for getting it sooner than later.

My biggest concern...I don't have "man muscles". Will I be able to lift the hard top onto my Jeep with the help of another friend lacking man muscles? I do plan to get a garage hoist eventuallly.

I see factory LJ hard tops in the Denver craigslist often for around $1500 (sometimes even lower). Right now it looks like the cheaper ones have been bought up due to the cold weather coming, and the ones that are left are $2000-$2500.

I see factory LJ hard tops in the Denver craigslist often for around $1500 (sometimes even lower). Right now it looks like the cheaper ones have been bought up due to the cold weather coming, and the ones that are left are $2000-$2500.

I think they're harder to come by in the Pacific Northwest. Nobody here is willingly getting rid of their hard top -- since it rains ALL THE TIME. I mean, I have seen a few TJ hardtops for sale on the local craigslist, in the 6 weeks or so that I've been looking. Maybe I'll keep an eye on craigslist, facebook marketplace, and the salvage yards for a bit longer. But glad to know that Rally Tops would be a decent enough option.

I was looking at the Rally Top today!! Yeah, it's pretty expensive, but I think if I find an eom, it's going to be nearly as expensive (in the $2500+ range)...and it might take me a long time to find. I'm thinking I should just pay a little extra, and get that thing shipped! Would probably be worth the extra cash, for getting it sooner than later.

My biggest concern...I don't have "man muscles". Will I be able to lift the hard top onto my Jeep with the help of another friend lacking man muscles? I do plan to get a garage hoist eventuallly.

That is true, one in good condition is not only hard to find, but also close in price to the Rally. Checkout the Bulldawg to, but I think they should've made the rear windows removable.

This top remover gadget came up today on FB, didn't know such a thing existed.

https://topliftpros.com/?fbclid=IwAR09BCBECBGCX6hptsQBHYnuDZtYifJH3NdWJLp9_j863p4rUn6A8pjEcKw

Better to get a hoist.

Not sure about the weight of the Rally. Only hard top I've had was a JKU. My wife was able to sort of help me, but after two or three times, she dropped her end and put a nice scratch on it. I didn't care, but she refused to help in the future. Sold the top shortly after that.

I got my new shoes put on my Jeep finally. I think it looks so much better with these wheels. Hopefully I can get it out on some dirt this weekend.

View attachment 556505

I do like the AEV wheels. They make beadlocks that look the same.
I love the look of AEV wheels. Used to have a set myself.

fEC6knP.jpg

CUrn5d8.jpg

v91M8jP.jpg

I have a Warn winch on my Jeep, but would like something more powerful. (Found its limits this weekend, dragging down a large fallen ash tree hung up on an oak. I got it down, finally, but it was a struggle.)

Any suggestions? This is my current model:

https://www.rubitrux.com/warn-9-5-cti-s-winch-97600.html
+1 for sticking with Warn. Just grab the next size up. Can't beat warn imo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom