ATTENTION, Jeep-freaks! (3 Viewers)

Anyone know of companies selling kits to “electrify” Jeeps? Or doing conversions themselves?

There were a couple companies starting to do this a few years ago, but they seem to have fizzled out. I’m hoping that with recent advances this might be more possible now.

(I have a 2013 Rubicon custom built into a pickup, the AEV Brute Double Cab. It’s used mainly for work only on my own property, so I don’t necessarily need a lot of range.)

For me it’s all about the challenge of a trail.
RHC......
Shafer Trail
Top of the World Trail
Finns and Things Trail
:tup::tup::)
THC....
Poison Spider Mesa Trail
Elephant Hill Trail
Hells Revenge Trail
:nailbite::cool:wow::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
When in moab...

Finns rhc
Hells revenge thc
Potash rhc

Avoid porcupine trail( kidneys will thank you)

Keep the jeep shiny side up.

20200905_103544.jpg

Nice, but over priced for a 2006. Seller is trying to get all of his money back on the mods, which almost always never happens.

Nice, but over priced for a 2006. Seller is trying to get all of his money back on the mods, which almost always never happens.

True...but by the time I do just a few of those mods to my better priced Jeep....it will cost the same. LOL.

Someone warned me that buying a Jeep would make chippin' seem inexpensive. Oh, they were so so right. :)

One of these days when I decide to actually stop renting these babies and buy one, I’m going to have to get the advice of several here. I’m just a driver not a mechanic, Lol.
I find much of the information you “die hards” post on here to be very informative and I appreciate the input much. :tup:

One of these days when I decide to actually stop renting these babies and buy one, I’m going to have to get the advice of several here. I’m just a driver not a mechanic, Lol.
I find much of the information you “die hards” post on here to be very informative and I appreciate the input much. :tup:
I'm nowhere close to being an expert, but I did learn a ton from https://www.jlwranglerforums.com join up and start reading. Warning though, do not start a thread before doing a search on the topic. Most likely it's already been covered. It's lot like PCF actually, just for Jeeps.

I'm nowhere close to being an expert, but I did learn a ton from https://www.jlwranglerforums.com join up and start reading. Warning though, do not start a thread before doing a search on the topic. Most likely it's already been covered. It's lot like PCF actually, just for Jeeps.
Appreciate the info my friend. I may just go over there and join to avoid this nonsense here for awhile. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: If I lived in @liftapint s neighborhood, I’d have a tough time not going over and checking out the Jeep she posted.

one thing I can verify is once you get into Jeeps it’s lot like chipping and it gets more and more expensive, I am on my 3rd wrangler right now (damn you JL) and each time I get deeper into the rabbit hole, 33s were the bomb, then I went 35s and now I got 37s :) enjoy.

one thing I can verify is once you get into Jeeps it’s lot like chipping and it gets more and more expensive, I am on my 3rd wrangler right now (damn you JL) and each time I get deeper into the rabbit hole, 33s were the bomb, then I went 35s and now I got 37s :) enjoy.

In chipper terms, the tire sizes mean 33s=RHC, 35s=THC, 37s=IHC and (31s=cc)

Yup, that's what happened to me. I started with a JKU on 33's. Said I'll never lift it because that's a waste of money. Over $30K in mods later, here I am. Sold most of my chips.

I have to tell myself things like: OK, I just spent over $5500 on the Jeep in the last month. I CAN afford to put a HSI cash set together since the $1's are only 60 cents. Though if I break something and my Jeep is sitting in the garage sad, they will get sold. At least chips hold their value unlike Jeep parts.

A friend moved near MOAB last year. Here's a recent night run he did at Sand Hollow State Park. He's the Ocean Blue JLUR. I'm not crazy enough to try this.

Oh boy, just dropped another $3500 into my Jeep. Phew.

Ordered a custom Bulldawg hardtop, shipping from the East coast doesn't help that bottom line, lol.

Now, I just need to find and install a hoist system, so that the top can spend most of the time OFF of my Jeep.
Unfortunately, we have snow for far too much of the year, and I don't have a garage space for my Jeep -- so a hard top was a MUST.
But for SURE, the top will be on the hoist for as much of the year as possible -- topless jeep is best jeep

Oh boy, just dropped another $3500 into my Jeep. Phew.

Ordered a custom Bulldawg hardtop, shipping from the East coast doesn't help that bottom line, lol.

Now, I just need to find and install a hoist system, so that the top can spend most of the time OFF of my Jeep.
Unfortunately, we have snow for far too much of the year, and I don't have a garage space for my Jeep -- so a hard top was a MUST.
But for SURE, the top will be on the hoist for as much of the year as possible -- topless jeep is best jeep
Those are cool tops!

Have you been running a soft top until now? If so, how is it in the winter? I have a hard top on my LJ, which is nice for the winter, but I've been contemplating whether I'd be happier with a soft top year round. My current plan is to take the hard top off in the spring and run a bikini top all summer since it hardly rains in Denver. But when it does rain or if it's chilly in the mountains, it would be nice to have a full soft top and be able to put the windows on it. I can't decide!

This is what I have but f'me if the price isn't nearly double what I paid! It's a really good solution and likely overkill but I bet you could get something electric for that much. Actually, you can! https://www.amazon.com/VIVOHOME-Overhead-Electric-Lifting-Control/dp/B07T3KWJWK/

Those are cool tops!

Have you been running a soft top until now? If so, how is it in the winter? I have a hard top on my LJ, which is nice for the winter, but I've been contemplating whether I'd be happier with a soft top year round. My current plan is to take the hard top off in the spring and run a bikini top all summer since it hardly rains in Denver. But when it does rain or if it's chilly in the mountains, it would be nice to have a full soft top and be able to put the windows on it. I can't decide!

I have just had a soft top until now. But the back zipper was broken, and it no longer fit well, so there were gaps. It was time to go. And then, I couldn't find storage for the Jeep before the snow started to fall, so it spent a good month out in the snow. At one point, it had over a foot of snow on my soft top (despite clearing it off pretty often). Anyway, that weight was the last straw for the old soft top. Dumpster time.

I'm not sure I'd love a soft top anyway -- when it folds down in back, it's kinda in the way for getting my dogs in and out of the Jeep. I think I'm really going to love the hard top, that I can completely remove. I bought a super nice car cover that I can put on when the hard top is off, and we're expecting a little rain. We'll see how that works!

I bought a super nice car cover that I can put on when the hard top is off, and we're expecting a little rain. We'll see how that works!
You'd think. There are floor plugs for a reason. Just take out all your carpets and throw in a few rubber mats for the floor. Then when you're sitting in a restaurant admiring your topless jeep through the window and the heavens open, you just keen on eating rather than getting soaked trying to fit a cover.

We try and go with a bikini top or no top for as many days a year as possible. I have a hoist that holds the hard top for most of the spring-fall.
I've been contemplating a tonneau - style lockbox system and a bikini top, and just forgo the soft top all together.

Interested to hear your opinion on the Bulldawg top. Sounds like you're better of with a hard top with the weather in your area, especially if you can't keep it in the garage.

I have a Bestop black diamond replace a top (RAT) and the OEM frame. Mine is always in the garage and I won't even drive it if the weather is bad. I'd love a hard top some day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom