ATTENTION, Jeep-freaks! (3 Viewers)

Very nice Rubi! How come everyone is finding yellow now? I couldn't find yellow or orange when I was looking. Congrats!!

Is it the auto trans? Looks like 35" Goodyear MTR. Those are good tires (what I have right now).

We're going to need a full spec sheet.

That's a common complaint. I'm 6' so it doesn't bother me. Many get seat risers that bolt on under the seat brackets.

I have a feeling I'm going to get VERY familiar with these "accessory" catalogs that I've heard about! Thanks for letting me know about these risers. SOLD. I don't like sitting so low. And so it begins...my Jeep want list grows :)

Headlights good enough? Usually a common first fix as well
Interesting. Fixed by mounting additional lights somewhere? Or are the actual headlights themselves upgraded?

OK, I think someone told me once, maybe in this thread. But where is the pokerchipforum for LJ Jeeps? I think I need to go there. I have reading to do.

Interesting. Fixed by mounting additional lights somewhere? Or are the actual headlights themselves upgraded?

OK, I think someone told me once, maybe in this thread. But where is the pokerchipforum for LJ Jeeps? I think I need to go there. I have reading to do.

My current order by preference:

https://wranglertjforum.com/forums/tj-general-discussion.6/

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/

https://www.wranglerforum.com/forums/tj-tech-forum.210/

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forums/jeep-non-hardcore.67/

Pirate can be a little rough, but still some good info on there.

Actual headlights themselves. I upgraded to led and it’s one of my favorite mods to date and wasn’t pricey either

Agree with this. If you drive on poorly lit mountain roads at night, the OEM headlights often seem like they're not doing much.

I have Trucklite LED headlights that were on the Jeep when I bought it. I didn't know how much I would like them compared to my OEM '12 headlights. Night and day difference. There are many brands to choose from. I don't believe many preferred the Trucklite when I read reviews, though I'm not replacing them until they die.

Actual headlights themselves. I upgraded to led and it’s one of my favorite mods to date and wasn’t pricey either
Right before I left indy they had changed local ordinance that all tail lights had to be red, with a bunch of other stuff as well. Our Jeep owners were ticked off with how much they had to end up changing back, seemed like a bunch of it was directed almost specifically at them.
Aaaaaaaand she's gone folks. We'll see you in 2021 Mel!

Agree with this. If you drive on poorly lit mountain roads at night, the OEM headlights often seem like they're not doing much.

I have Trucklite LED headlights that were on the Jeep when I bought it. I didn't know how much I would like them compared to my OEM '12 headlights. Night and day difference. There are many brands to choose from. I don't believe many preferred the Trucklite when I read reviews, though I'm not replacing them until they die.
+1 I bought trucklites and couldn’t be happier. A bit pricey but my buddy bought the knockoffs that look just as good and work great too

OK, initial order...

Headlights
Seat risers
Seat covers (my seats are pretty gross)
Floor mats

And while I wait for those to arrive, I'll figure out if I have "lockers". And consider making an appointment to replace the gears so I can go freeway speeds.
Shit, this *is* going to be more expensive than chipping! Getting the title was the easy part!
Oh my goodness, this is going to be a blast :)

Depending on the seats - they usually clean up extremely well after a detail. Since you have a rubicon you most definitely should have selectable front and rear lockers. That’s part of the beauty of the rubicon. Air lockers alone are usually like $1k a piece or so

Rubicon has lockers front and rear + the better/lower transfer case (241).

Gears need to go according to what size tires you're planning.

33's - Probably 4.56
35's - 4.88 or 5.13. 5.13 better for wheeling, 4.88 better for street.
37's - 5.13 or 5.38 (I have 5.38)

4.56 gears should get you where you need to be. You should have 4.10 gears in there now tho which is already better than non rubicon Jeeps. Those tires you have run true to size. Almost any other tire in the same 33” size would probably be fine at highway speeds with your current gears

Got out on the trail in Great White for a bit this evening. Been waiting for this moment for awhile. :)
3845E708-E0EC-4916-8064-55581EC00FE2.jpeg
1EAFC036-588E-417D-B130-FDAD5F413F5C.jpeg
2B18E6BB-965E-40F3-AF01-10BCE76893F4.jpeg
7CD3B5B0-20E3-4CE4-93A5-33FF27B09C53.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom