Attaching Lighted Diffuser To Table - HOW?? (1 Viewer)

StangCrazy

Waiting List
Reaction score
So I bought the lighted diffuser from ChanMan and will be attaching it to a riser ring. Original plan was to route a groove for it to sit in, but that won't work now.

I have the plastic piece glued to the back of the metal diffuser.

I cant figure out the best way to secure the diffuser to my riser ring. I tried running a screw in and it cracked the metal and the plastic piece. I tried my nail gun on the lowest PSI setting and it shoots the trim nail to deep to secure the diffuser. I tried Gorilla glue and it just slides around and doesn't stay put correctly enough to setup.

What does everyone suggest?

Does your table have a racetrack? Most people route in the racetrack. I know you mentioned you can't route a groove at this point. Does this mean you can't route a groove in either the table top OR the rail?

Building one atm...

@Irish helped me out loads with these examples:

With small racetrack
1569255289307.png

No racetrack
1569255267435.png

1569255333371.png

Pretty similar as the drawings above. Not sure how you would go about adding this after the fact though.

1569255654631.png

Thanks everyone.....my wife came up with a pretty great solution. Double Sided tape!

I could not cut a notch in my rail and the play surface was a bit to high so I had to create riser blocks for my play surface outer ring. So....strong double sided tape at the bottom of my diffuser secured to the play surface outer ring and it has worked perfectly.

About to put my vinyl on the rail and foam/vinyl the sides and it will all be done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom