Pool to Poker table (1 Viewer)

FFV

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I have a pool table on my "man cave" and I want a build a Poker tabletop for it. I have 2 options for it and I want take your feedback in consideration. Please, bear in mind that I already ordered a custom speed cloth with my logo. And also, I am from Brazil, so any ideas that involve buying stuff in America and getting it down here is pratically impossible to do. With that, here are my options:

1) I get a sheet of plywood the exact size that it would fit between the pool table bumpers, apply a layer of closed cell foam to it and staple the speed cloth down. This way I would use the pool bumpers as the railing.

2) Or, I get the same sheet, cut some more plywood, build a railing around it, glue a foam on it and staple down some vinyl around it.

I have attached a picture of my pool table and a schematic of the options.

Any other ideas than these would be much appreciated. One final question, due to the dimensions of the pool table, I am going to have to build a rectangular tabletop for it, so this one is going to be neither oval or round... would that be too awkward?

Thanks,
Felipe

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-21 at 13.40.59.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-21 at 13.40.59.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9520 copy.jpg
    IMG_9520 copy.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 48
Will do. Just waiting for my permission to do that, since I'm newly registered to the forum.
@rjdev7’s topper is great, all my players love it. Fits like a glove and cards slide like magic. Only problem with the pool table is that the players knees beat up against the sides. I’ve got chairs with the perfect height, it’s just people can’t tuck in their legs very far underneath the table. Not the end of the world, but a possible negative to consider.

@rjdev7’s topper is great, all my players love it. Fits like a glove and cards slide like magic. Only problem with the pool table is that the players knees beat up against the sides. I’ve got chairs with the perfect height, it’s just people can’t tuck in their legs very far underneath the table. Not the end of the world, but a possible negative to consider.
Your setup looks great! I was sold when I saw it. Unfortunately, I just got a PM from @rjdev7 saying that his supplier is unable to ship to Brazil. I'll go ahead and give it a try myself. Let's see how this works out.

So guys, this is what I came up with! @rjdev7 and @PLOdonk thanks for the inspiration! The only difference between yours and mine is that I added a 1/4” MDF on the bottom. That made my life easier to stretch the fabric and also, I have plenty of room to store the poker top whenever I feel like playing pool.

Attachments

• IMG_9594.jpeg
    IMG_9594.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_9600.jpeg
    IMG_9600.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_9601.jpeg
    IMG_9601.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_9602.jpeg
    IMG_9602.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_9595.jpeg
    IMG_9595.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_9597.jpeg
    IMG_9597.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_9596.jpeg
    IMG_9596.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_9599.jpeg
    IMG_9599.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 122
How did you get that to fit under the bumpers? Did you put foam on top? What about the bottom. It looks amazing. I want to do the same.

Measured and got the topper the exact size so it squeezes just underneath the bumper flush. No foam, nothing else, just topper over felt.

How did you get that to fit under the bumpers? Did you put foam on top? What about the bottom. It looks amazing. I want to do the same.
It's the exact size as the bumpers measured from the top. When it goes in a little bit is left all around, but it's so narrow that it doesn't make any difference. It has four layers in total. The top one is the custom fabric, the second a 1/4"closed cell foam, the third a 1/4" MDF and the bottom one just a felt to protect the pool table. Since with all the layers combined is still pretty thin I didn't use any staples. All I used was 3M spray adhesive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom