Artwork discussion for new Paulson chips (1 Viewer)

If they're the same, why do you care? ;)

Seriously, though, the decimal place is easily missed, PLUS the decimal place isn't a period everywhere. Some places use a comma. Avoiding it as well as not having a currency symbol keeps the set international.

The .25 is also easily confused for the 25 chip. Unless there's a 20 instead of a 25, I much prefer 1/4 to .25.

True enough. I've never seen or thought of a 1/4 denom. I think I probably wouldn't like it as much as a .25, but you make good points. I prefer 25c to .25, but I don't think we can use denomination symbols.

WS1C first (with a slightly darker color for the outer ring for the 500 & 1k) then WS1E. Blurple 25k for the win!

I missed this earlier and I’m likely too late in the game for any change but I much prefer this font on the denom.

A42DEEC0-1489-412E-AB1B-51C171EE061B.jpeg

I also wouldn't be against alternating the light background with the dark background... so, for example, the 1 from a B set, the 5 from the C set, the 25 from the B set, the 100 from the C set... or vice-versa.
Obv answer is order both sets and mix 'em yourself. :sneaky:
I'd love the frac to be 1/4 and not 0.25...
What, no love for a 1/5 chip? :)

*deleted*

See below posts. I saw J5 artwork on Paulsons and got a bit excited.

Last edited:
This combination and simplistic design is fantastic, I know you said you don’t want to do a whole set but I personally think that would be a huge mistake.
View attachment 155576

Will they allow the denomination?
Yeah I'd be in for at least 500 of these. Cash set. Although I like this font better than the others, I think it'd be better in white. A quarter would also be pretty important.

WS1B or WS1C

The other versions are too much alike and would be hard to distinguish in a splashed pot. The black versions are also too busy-especially WS1D.

Apache mentioned removing the letters around the outer ring. I think removing the outer ring entirely and not having the artwork extend past the recessed area would help to more easily differentiate chips. (Part of the reason I like the shaped inlays jbroid sketched)

Blue or purple 25k.

Would also like to see a 100k and/or ncv, and a bounty chip.

Edit - Think letters should be left like Le noirs, but no outer ring and artwork not extending past recessed area

Last edited:
Interesting idea!! I would say that the bottom arrangement would be needed though as the yellow 1000 chip with the light background is very difficult to read at a distance. The darker version works fine though.

I also like the lighter blue for the single, so that works for me.

True enough. I've never seen or thought of a 1/4 denom. I think I probably wouldn't like it as much as a .25, but you make good points. I prefer 25c to .25, but I don't think we can use denomination symbols.

There are some old 1/4 chips out there.

Obv answer is order both sets and mix 'em yourself. :sneaky:

That only works if he has both made...

What, no love for a 1/5 chip? :)

You know I thought about it... But I didn't want to tilt people quite that much.

Then again, I think you also know that I play a non-denom chip as a 1/8 in my game. ;)

The chips with the pale filigree (WS1A, WS1A2, and WS1B) give me an eye ache when looking at the denoms. The 1k is the worst offender, followed closely by the 500.

WS1D's black filigrees don't cause the same eye strain in me, but the 500-5k denoms look like a jumbled mess there.

WS1C and WS1E are the only two my eyes will let me consider.

I like D the most out of these BUT what if you change the black scrollwork on all of them to the gray that is on the 100. I think it will make the larger denoms easier to read. Also maybe use a thicker border on the denoms

I really like the black border here

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom