Collecting (ordering closed) Aria's Tribute Cards Mold Group Buy #3 (4 Viewers)

nlhenerd

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Schedule Update: Orders are really closed. All payments are in and those who haven't paid have been removed from the order. The wire transfer is in progress. Chips should be on your doorstep between late December 2021 and late March 2022.

[x] Take orders
[x] Finalize chip counts
[x] Approve final invoice
[x] Wire money
[x] Receive shipping confirmation from China- we are 2-3 months out from this point <- 10/27 was the ship date
[x] Gather shipping addresses and invoice buyers for shipping
[ mostly mailed ] Receive and mail out chips (If you paid for shipping on or before 12/23 your package was mailed out. Only 3 boxes remain- they are packed and ready to go)

More status updates?: I'm not yet jaded on status update requests. I haven't run a big group buy before but I'm hearing they will come. I'm still having fun with this. So. If you want more updates, please request a status update haiku. I will add $5 to your shipping invoice per status update haiku and will deliver the haiku in this thread. I'm serious. This isn't to punish people that ask for status updates- if you don't specifically ask for a haiku I won't be billing you for it. I will do a 3-way chop on haiku funds with J5 and TX_Golf_n_Poker.

Backing Out: If anyone suffers extreme anxiety over wait times, I will let 1-2 people back out of this GB. I'll refund your money and keep your set(s).

@TX_Golf_N_Poker ran the first order. @Pawn38 ran the second order. This is the third order. If you placed your order with one of them, don't worry about not being acknowledged in this thread o_O

Most of the below text is directly stolen or paraphrased by @TX_Golf_N_Poker , the architect of this fine buy.

Not sure this needs a lot of introduction. Cards mold ceramics from the Alibaba “Tina” company. The same 39mm chips you all know and love, with stunning Aria colors as designed by @Johnny5 . Quick explanation of the TWO T100 chips. In previous GBs some of you bought them with the almond edge spot, and others bought the white edge spot. So for anyone adding on to existing sets, we are offering them both again. The cash set will only offer the almond spot, so if you want your tournament chips a little bit different, get the white for that. That’s what I’m going to do.

Enough blabbing, lets take a look at these lovelies. Then we’ll cover some boring but important details.

ar2_cash_set2b.jpg

ar2_tour_set2a.jpg

I just confirmed pricing with Tina yesterday. Cost per chip is remaining at 28 cents. Her shipping estimate for 20,000 chips is $851, so roughly 4.25 cents a chip. In addition, I know previous large group buys have also incurred various banking and wire transfer fees, and I may need to purchase a few shipping supplies. So I’m going to use 5 cents per chip at this time to cover all those expenses and allow for a possible shipping increase / fudge factor. Once we have all the exact amounts, we will make adjustments to the totals paid by you and provide each buyer with a credit against your final shipping payment due assuming these expenses come in below that amount. And finally, I also want to adequately compensate @Johnny5 for all the work he has put in on this project, so we’ll be adding 2 cents per chip ordered that will go straight to him.

Therefore, at the time you place your order, I will be collecting 35 cents per chip. We will settle up on adjustments and final shipping cost to you after the chips are produced and on their way to me.

Please note that like most PCF group buys this price per chip is cost only. There is absolutely nothing extra built in for the organizer’s time and effort to put it together, work with the designer, take orders, collect the funds, deal with the producer, and receive, sort and package up all the boxes to mail them out to you. It’s a lot of work, and while those of us who run these buys do so for the love of chipping and for the PCF community, a token of your gratitude is definitely appreciated. If we want these GBs to continue, we need people like Sean, Paul, James, Evan and others who have developed the expertise to continue to organize them. Please consider this when making your final payment, not just for this GB, but for any that you participate in if you want them to keep happening.

I’m expecting this group buy to fill up very quickly. I know there is a lot of interest so I’m going to allow this to go up to about 20 or so participants and about 25,000 chips, give or take a few. A number of you have been in contact with me since this was first being discussed a couple of months ago, and I gave you my word you would be included. Several others of you have been assisting me with proofs and design decisions, and I have already confirmed an initial order from these people. If your name is already on the following schedule, you have a spot in this buy, and you simply need to confirm that you are in and give me your numbers of Cash and Tournament chips. I will hold your spot open for at least 48 hours, but after that, once the max numbers have been met, I’m going to close the ordering and you may lose your spot.

Those of you who are already marked as confirmed, there is no need to confirm again in this thread.

The following orders are in as of 9/9 at 5pm central:

1631715306852.png

Once you have posted your intent to participate along with your totals, send me a PM with your exact breakdown of chips for your order. Please use the format below. Each denomination must be ordered in multiples of 25, However, it has been pointed out that some people want to order a few extras to account for possible breakage or just to have full barrels since we are ordering in multiples of 25. So in addition to your set order, you may also order additional full sample sets of Cash (6 chips) and/or Tournament (8 chips). You may order any number of sets, and I will ensure that enough extra chips are ordered to fill all these samples. But you must order full sample sets. No orders will be taken for extra individual chips, and also no orders for sample sets only. I will probably end up with some extras and may have some sample sets available after everything has been shipped. Or any one if you is welcome to handle receiving and distributing sample sets yourself along with your own order of chips as has been done in some other GBs.

Order format to PM me.

$0.05 x ____
$0.25 x ____
$1.00 x ____
$5.00 x ____
$20.00 x ____
$100.00 x ____
Total Cash x ______

T25 x ____
T100 x ____ (almond)
T100 x ____ (white)
T500 x ____
T1000 x ____
T5000 x ____
T25,000 x ____
T100,000 x ____
Total Tourney x ______

Cash Sample set x ____

Tournament Sample set x ____

As soon as this looks like it is about to fill up, I will provide additional information about timing. But honestly, do not take your time making up your mind. If I do have to cut off ordering, I will do so based on the time stamp of posts indicating a clear intent to participate in this thread with a number of chips to be ordered. Seriously, I won’t be shocked if this fills up in 24 hours! If it does, I will create a wait list, and if anyone on the reserve list doesn’t order, I will fill in from there. Also, please be prepared to submit your payment very soon after you order. If I have to chase you down for payment, you could forfeit your spot to someone on the wait list. I’ve not done this before, so I’m not sure how quickly Tina will require payment, and once she does, I want to be ready. Not trying to be a hard-ass, but we are all adults here. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Sorry, I know this post was long, but I am cursed with being that person who tries to address every possible situation and detail. I’m just thrilled that we have finally gotten to this point, and I hope you are too!

Last edited:
In please. I’ll pm you the quantity later tonight. Thanks for running this.

Last edited:
I’m in. Prob for a small amount < 500

Thanks for putting this together :cool

In for around 1000 please!

So far:

Tourney:

T25 x 240
T100 x 260 (almond)
T500 x 100
T1000 x 200
T5000 x 160
T25,000 x 20
T100,000 x 20
Total Tourney x 960

I’ll be in for at least 800-1k.
Will give breakdown later tonight if that’s ok?

thnaks!

IN! I will edit to include order.

$0.25 x 100
$1.00 x 1000
$5.00 x 500
$20.00 x 200
$100.00 x 200
Total Cash = 2k

T25 x 250
T100 x 250 (almond)
T500 x 100
T1000 x 200
T5000 x 150
T25,000 x 25
T100,000 x 25
Total Tourney = 1k

Edit the edit for (25 barrels)

Last edited:
In for 400 to 500.
Will be back home tomorrow and will verify total!
Thanks!

Cash
200 x .25
200 x 1.00
600 x 5.00
250 x 25
250 x 100

Tourney
125 x 500
200 x 1000
200 x 5000
100 x 25000

2125 chips total

Okay we're at 15 people right now. I just flipped the thread to "orders closed." If you really want in, send quantities before the deadline at the top of the thread. I'm keeping that info subtle here at the bottom of the thread so it's just the people that *really want it* you know? Here's who I have so far:
OHWebs
DaneWoj
SpaceMonkey420
turboj623
dvdestbn
ParrotheadMZ
ATLarchip
Pinkdan
warewulf
phaze12
ItalianJoe
Deuce9
Chris Manzoni
Fokker210
utgtrash
Ronoh
Nanook
softchewy

Edit: Pricing confirmed to be the same w/ Tina. Will send out invoices Soon(TM)
Edit edit: updated list of people who are in

Last edited:
Sent you a PM, updated breakdown to:

T25 x 250
T100 x 250 (almond)
T500 x 100
T1000 x 200
T5000 x 150
T25,000 x 25
T100,000 x 25
Total Tourney x 1000

in

T100 x 150 (almond)
T1000 x 50
T5000 x 25
T25,000 x 50
T100,000 x 25
Total Tourney x 300

Cash Sample set x 5

Tournament Sample set x 5

Okay we're at 15 people right now. I just flipped the thread to "orders closed." If you really want in, there's still room for a couple more. I'm keeping that info subtle here at the bottom of the thread so it's just the people that *really want it* ........
I would really like to be in on this one. 1000 pc or so

Sorry to hesitate to pull the trigger a bit...

Do you know anyone personally on here? I'm concerned with sending a decent chunk of money to someone with only 35 posts. Is there anyone with a few hundred posts that can vouch for you?

Do you know anyone personally on here? I'm concerned with sending a decent chunk of money to someone with only 35 posts. Is there anyone with a few hundred posts that can vouch for you?
@Sea Vulture I met IRL through the forum and @TX_Golf_N_Poker and I have done some business. I'll let them respond.

IN!
I just created my PCF account for this GB.

Cash (hosting small $10, $20, $50 buy-in home cash game)
$0.05 x 100
$0.25 x 200
$1.00 x 300
$5.00 x 300
$20.00 x 75
$100.00 x 25
Total Cash = 1000

hmm, it seems that I could not PM until I satisfy NMR. I guess I am unablle to join this GB then.
IN!

$0.05 x 100
$0.25 x 200
$1.00 x 300
$5.00 x 300
$20.00 x 75
$100.00 x 25
Total Cash = 1000

IN!

$0.05 x 100
$0.25 x 200
$1.00 x 300
$5.00 x 300
$20.00 x 75
$100.00 x 25
Total Cash = 1000

hmm, it seems that I could not PM until I satisfy NMR. I guess I am unablle to join this GB then.
If an admin is able to pass you my email address I'll try to get you in. Working on a tight timeline though (top of first post)

I've been communicating with Eric since he first joined here. And done business with him. He is also a member of my Mavens online poker group. And I've advised him with this GB. I trust him, but certainly understand any who might be hesitant, so each person needs to make that decision on their own.

If an admin is able to pass you my email address I'll try to get you in. Working on a tight timeline though (top of first post)
Hey @nlhenerd, I am trying to get in. Would you mind sending your email to me through PM or to my email (see my "location")? I will check my message/email the first thing tomorrow morning.

Here are my Quantities:

T25 x 250
T100 x 250 (almond)
T100 x 0 (white)
T500 x 100
T1000 x 225
T5000 x 150
T25,000 x 25
T100,000 x 0
Total Tourney x 1000

Cash Sample set x 5

Tournament Sample set x 5

I also PM'd you

T25 x 100
T100 x 100 (almond)
T100 x 0 (white)
T500 x 100
T1000 x 100
T5000 x 50
T25,000 x 25
T100,000 x 25
Total Tourney x 500

@nlhenerd

Last edited:
I’m in! I’ll PM you this info as well just in case.

Cash-
$0.25 x 100
$1 x 150
$5 x 150
$20 x 100
$100 x 100
Total cash x 600

Tourney-
$25 x 150
$100 x 150 (almond)
$500 x 50
$1000 x 125
$5000 x 100
$25,000 x 25
Total tourney x 600

Cash sample set x 3
Tourney sample set x 3

Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom