Are hot dogs (in buns) sandwiches? (2 Viewers)

Are hot dogs (in buns) sandwiches?

• Yes

Votes: 111 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 155 58.3%

• Total voters
:meh:
I see a future heated debate thread on the advantages of the wider side-by-side wiener double bun vs those of the taller stacked wiener double bun.

Not to mention the wider/taller side-by-side stacked bun that can accomodate four wieners. Win-win.

You're smart so I'm stunned you missed the obvious solution which is just a longer bun and dogs tip to tip.

One of the advantages of the hot dog is that they're kind of a small sandwich, so you can eat one after another. I once had a bet with a buddy at fenway park that I could do a dog and a beer every inning. Can't be doing that sort of thing with these double-dogs.
Did you make it through 9 innings?

Interesting...

Screenshot_20201123_121138.jpg

Just to confirm, also, that there are t-shirts coming when I get round to setting up my vendor page on PCF within the next month or so...

Picture_20201115_231306609.jpg

A hotdog is a hotdog, a sandwidch is a sandwidch... Popeye couldn't have said it better himself

I love Barak. But he’s from Chicago. Ever see how those whackos eat hot dogs? It’s like they’re trying to bury the taste of the hot dog. Can’t trust them.

I love Barak. But he’s from Chicago. Ever see how those whackos eat hot dogs? It’s like they’re trying to bury the taste of the hot dog. Can’t trust them.
Like, I don't know what they are eating, and it tastes good, but the hot dog isn't why they are there.

Not if you go to Downtown Dogs and order a "Char Dog". Delicioso!

Btw, spaghetti and meatballs is not a soup.

National Hot Dog and Sausage Council - hot-dog.org​

1614361042205.png

The Council has spoken, the votes have spoken - NOT a sandwich - we're all done here​

Anyway, the real question... is Milk Steak a cereal or a soup...
1614361110961.png

National Hot Dog and Sausage Council - hot-dog.org​

View attachment 644340

The Council has spoken, the votes have spoken - NOT a sandwich - we're all done here​

Anyway, the real question... is Milk Steak a cereal or a soup...
View attachment 644343

Not done here.
To quote the Council:
Limiting the hot dog’s significance by saying it’s ‘just a sandwich’ is like calling the Dalai Lama ‘just a guy’. Perhaps at one time its importance could be limited by forcing it into a larger sandwich category (no disrespect to Reubens and others), but that time has passed. We therefore choose to take a cue from a great performer and declare our namesake be a “hot dog formerly known as a sandwich.

Using their own example, the Dalai Lama, while perhaps not "just a guy," is certainly human. So the hot dog, while maybe not just a sandwich, is certainly a sandwich. The fact that these guys want their product to be a category unto itself is understandable. But their bias is clear.
SANDWICH

(I love Always Sunny)

Not done here.
To quote the Council:
Limiting the hot dog’s significance by saying it’s ‘just a sandwich’ is like calling the Dalai Lama ‘just a guy’. Perhaps at one time its importance could be limited by forcing it into a larger sandwich category (no disrespect to Reubens and others), but that time has passed. We therefore choose to take a cue from a great performer and declare our namesake be a “hot dog formerly known as a sandwich.

Using their own example, the Dalai Lama, while perhaps not "just a guy," is certainly human. So the hot dog, while maybe not just a sandwich, is certainly a sandwich. The fact that these guys want their product to be a category unto itself is understandable. But their bias is clear.
SANDWICH

(I love Always Sunny)
overruled
we're done

I have no dog in this fight.

But who is this ‘council’? A freely elected board or a self appointed groups of special interests.

I smell sauerkraut
They are part of the North American Meat Institute.
NAMI is governed by elected leaders.
...though self appointing as an authority is a growing trend in the US.. there was a guy in the news who tried to do it just last month. :sneaky:

I have been known to cook hot dogs and then fold sliced bread around them. Things you learn when you are a poor university student.....buying just one type of bread to do all. Sliced bread also works as hamburger buns as well.

As for if a hotdogs is a sandwich? it is a meat/? protein source, so can be a main or secondary ingredient. Yes, it is if it's in bread, it can also therefore be an ingredient in a wrap too....plus it can have all the fixings. Its a poor excuse for a sandwich, but it is all the same in my books. Thus a hot dog sandwich is a thing just like a hamburger sandwich is a real thing.

I have been known to cook hot dogs and then fold sliced bread around them. Things you learn when you are a poor university student.....buying just one type of bread to do all. Sliced bread also works as hamburger buns as well.

As for if a hotdogs is a sandwich? Yes it is....plus it can have all the fixings. Its a poor excuse for a sandwich, but it is all the same in my books.
you're opinion has been noted, unfortunately the case is closed as the ruling has already been made
not a sandwich

I propose that the brain-damaged 60.2% of PCFers who voted that a hot dog on a bun is not a sandwich be banned from using buns, rolls, or bread to hold their hot dogs or other sausages at all future PCF meetups. :p
proposal denied, carry on

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom