Are hot dogs (in buns) sandwiches? (17 Viewers)

Are hot dogs (in buns) sandwiches?

• Yes

Votes: 110 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 154 58.3%

• Total voters
Flour tortilla is an outstanding bread substitute. Being that I still try to avoid bread as much as possible I may even bring my own for pulled pork SANDWICHES this weekend :D

There it is!!!!! Highlighted your post!!! :p

11457073-Poker-Chip-Burger-Stock-Photo.jpg

it already has a name, not a sandwich
Yet it fits your official definition of what makes a sandwich. Is a hoagie not a sandwich? If it's not please explain the difference between a hoagie and a subway sandwich? :)

Yet it fits your official definition of what makes a sandwich. Is a hoagie not a sandwich? If it's not please explain the difference between a hoagie and a subway sandwich? :)
i refuse to distinguish between regional naming conventions for sandwiches. I wont have it

Is an open face roast beef sandwich a sandwich? I mean, it does have "sandwich" in the name but no slice of bread on top and you really have to eat it with a fork...

Is an open face roast beef sandwich a sandwich? I mean, it does have "sandwich" in the name but no slice of bread on top and you really have to eat it with a fork...

NO!!!!!! Not a sandwich! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

If it's not bread/stuff/bread, it's not a sandwich... Pizza is not a sandwich for example...

Agree with Paulo. An open faced sandwich is an open faced sandwich. That the modifier modifies sandwich doesn't make it a sandwich. Different breed.

Fake hot dogz. Lol

Suddenly thankful I've never had a real hot dog.

There is no debate. If someone says, "Hey, let's go get a sandwich." you are never going to a hot dog stand or ordering hotdogs and vice versa.
In my opinion a sandwich has a top and bottom bread. A hot dog is more kin to a hoagie in that it is open on top.

I don't like hot dogs, and don't really care. I'm killing time waiting for the doctor to check me out after getting rear ended on my way to work this morning.

Amazing how I have already received 3 phone calls and a text from lawyers and doctor soliciting firms.

Hope you feel better. Go with the lawyer that agrees a hotdog is not a sandwich.

So I ask this now. Is an ice cream sandwich really a sandwich?

Contains zero bread!!!

Someone took ice cream sandwiches in the sandwich draft I was listening to this morning (link to sandwich draft podcast). Controversial. The insane Atlantic link from @bentax1978 earlier thought that Oreos were sandwiches and hot dogs weren't. I mean that's just indefensible.

this is a serious question - is a calzone a pizza?

wife gave up pizza for lent a few years ago and I caught her eating a calzone - told her she was going to hell for bending the rules as a calzone is a pizza folded in half.

this is a serious question - is a calzone a pizza?

wife gave up pizza for lent a few years ago and I caught her eating a calzone - told her she was going to hell for bending the rules as a calzone is a pizza folded in half.

Absolutely not a pizza.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom