Are CPC Rounders Chips Worth the $$? (1 Viewer)

Busy morning.

The flop:

1646335522688.png

Can I raise? I need to push everyone else out.

The holder of the set with a gutshot straight draw won't call right????! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

People who enjoy a good race a dramatic ending are not going to like the turn card.

Damn! You could have at least put up the K of diamonds first so I could have a shot with the nut flush draw and possible 3 of a kind to give some excitement.

Thanks for the chance. Good giveaway.

Damn! You could have at least put up the K of diamonds first so I could have a shot with the nut flush draw and possible 3 of a kind to give some excitement.

Thanks for the chance. Good giveaway.

Everyone likes a good horse race, except for the damn poker gods, who from time to time get their amusement from disappointing the crowd instead of messing with one player.

I have a couple of DDM buttons that I will be releasing into the wild soon, so you may get a second chance at winning that contest.

@Mojo1312 Thanks again for putting on that competition for the dealer buttons...they'll go great with my new set!

So of course the post office lost my samples and won't be here until tomorrow now. Ever since someone mentioned it, I can't get the thought out of my head of just using $25s/$100s/$500s for my cash game and dropping a few decimals. Upside would be, it's a cheaper set that requires less chips and that the chips that you see in the movie get much more felt time. Downside would be, my OCD may not allow me to use the wrong denomination chips knowing they are available...ha. That's pretty much my last decision before I pull the trigger. That and actually getting the samples in my hands.

my OCD may not allow me to use the wrong denomination chips knowing they are available...ha. That's pretty much my last decision before I pull the trigger. That and actually getting the samples in my hands.
Knowing what I do about this chip sickness, if you’re feeling that way now, you’ll find a way to make it all happen….either now or later!

Yeah give it a try and see how you like it. You can always add lower denominations later if needed. I think that's what I'll do. I just have to have that hundo in play as much as possible.

@Mojo1312 Thanks again for putting on that competition for the dealer buttons...they'll go great with my new set!

So of course the post office lost my samples and won't be here until tomorrow now. Ever since someone mentioned it, I can't get the thought out of my head of just using $25s/$100s/$500s for my cash game and dropping a few decimals. Upside would be, it's a cheaper set that requires less chips and that the chips that you see in the movie get much more felt time. Downside would be, my OCD may not allow me to use the wrong denomination chips knowing they are available...ha. That's pretty much my last decision before I pull the trigger. That and actually getting the samples in my hands.
There are other options.

0AA3D629-0AC0-40E4-894D-96369755FEE5.jpeg

Serious question about the Rounders design. I know there are lots of views on “copyright” etc when it comes to any design. But this is just a bear with a denom.

How can people raise a fuss over “copying” the design? Change a very small thing (font) and it’s now a “tribute” right?

Seems like everything on Etsy or Pinterest

Late to the game as I was away from home as everyone was posting their pics, but I love my Rounders replicas. I'm stumped why there's so little love for the scroll mold. They stack great, and how else can you get matching 44mm high denomination chips??

Rounders-caged.jpeg

The 44mm racks are the last two Abbiati racks I could find. I had to shave down some small stand-off tabs inside each row to make the full barrels fit. I had a cover 3-D printed by a friend of mine to keep the dust off the top rack when they aren't in play. (My next door neighbor insists on raking the dirt in her front yard once a week making that end of my house dustier than the rest. :rolleyes:)

The whole set...
Rounders-stacks.jpeg

Random photo-op tournament splash pot.
Rounders-splash.jpeg

Just look at these lovely faces.
Rounders-faces.jpeg

Of course, the set has the obligatory "three stacks of high society."
Roujnders-ThreeStacks.jpeg

For @mc2233, I usually run this set as $0.25/$0.50 blinds cash, turning the $25s into quarters, $100 into dollars and so on. There's never been a complaint from my crew, and more often than not, we're claiming "raise to $600" even though we know it's $6, just because it's fun and kind of makes you feel like a baller!

Could I see those $25 and $100 in stacks/splash pots? Considering those colors for a custom $1k and was worried about dirty stacks
Haven’t knocked the dust off yet. I’ll send you a pic as soon as I do.

Late to the game as I was away from home as everyone was posting their pics, but I love my Rounders replicas. I'm stumped why there's so little love for the scroll mold. They stack great, and how else can you get matching 44mm high denomination chips??

View attachment 873150

The 44mm racks are the last two Abbiati racks I could find. I had to shave down some small stand-off tabs inside each row to make the full barrels fit. I had a cover 3-D printed by a friend of mine to keep the dust off the top rack when they aren't in play. (My next door neighbor insists on raking the dirt in her front yard once a week making that end of my house dustier than the rest. :rolleyes:)

The whole set...
View attachment 873151

View attachment 873152

View attachment 873153

View attachment 873154

For @mc2233, I usually run this set as $0.25/$0.50 blinds cash, turning the $25s into quarters, $100 into dollars and so on. There's never been a complaint from my crew, and more often than not, we're claiming "raise to $600" even though we know it's $6, just because it's fun and kind of makes you feel like a baller!
Mother of god! Is that........three stacks of high society?!

View attachment 873150

The whole set...
View attachment 873151

View attachment 873152

View attachment 873153

View attachment 873154

Plus plop down eight of those bad boys and proclaim, "I bet an eight ball".

Serious question about the Rounders design. I know there are lots of views on “copyright” etc when it comes to any design. But this is just a bear with a denom.

How can people raise a fuss over “copying” the design? Change a very small thing (font) and it’s now a “tribute” right?
If you change a very small thing, your new thing is a derivative work; derivative works are subject to the same copyright as the original work they are derived from, i.e. the creator of the original work has the right to control distribution of the derivative work as well.

Seems like everything on Etsy or Pinterest
People violate copyright because they don't know how it works, assume wrongly that what they're doing is "fair", and get away with it because they don't attract the attention of anyone who cares.

It's up to you to decide whether you want to obey the law, or simply get away with breaking it.

Also, the design concept of the Rounders chips is probably not copyrightable; it's probably not sufficiently complex to constitute a creative expression. Here I mean "design concept" to be something like "A bear, in silhouette, above a denomination in the Copperplate font". Which is why the Cali Rounders set probably doesn't violate CPC's copyrights.

It's the artwork that constitutes a copyrightable creative expression.

If you used your own bear artwork, and it wasn't so similar to the Rounders bear that it was obviously copied from it, then you could make your own Rounders "tribute" without violating CPC's copyrights.

If you change a very small thing, your new thing is a derivative work; derivative works are subject to the same copyright as the original work they are derived from, i.e. the creator of the original work has the right to control distribution of the derivative work as well.

People violate copyright because they don't know how it works, assume wrongly that what they're doing is "fair", and get away with it because they don't attract the attention of anyone who cares.

It's up to you to decide whether you want to obey the law, or simply get away with breaking it.
1646366257834.gif

View attachment 873150

The whole set...
View attachment 873151

View attachment 873152

View attachment 873153

View attachment 873154

Nice set sir. Can’t wait to be tossing mine around soon. Hopefully one day we’ll be splashing hundos for real!

I think for now my OCD is going to win out though. Think I’m going to go with the actual denominations and just add more $100s later to get my 3 stacks of high society.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom