Apex/Black Aurora Poker Chip Cases (5 Viewers)

Which APEX Poker Chip Case capacity do you want us to make first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This looks very interesting. Love the idea of all clear acrylic and not needing the black reinforced corners.

Following with great interest and you can put me down for 2 X 800 racks for sure.

The acrylic cases now 'Almost' fit 43mm racks. doesn't seem like a stretch to make these fit both 39 and 43mm rackss without having to make 2 separate carriers.

Good luck !

also if the clear acrylic doesnt need reinforcing on corners, is it possible to have the center handle be clear acrylic too? I think Paulson carriers have clear acrylic handles.

Good things:

Having options for various chips amount while keeping the cost close to what's already out there.
400 cases - rare but can be found
600 cases - available
800 cases - never seen any
1000 case - everywhere
1200+ cases - why, too heavy/bulky
and all sizes with the option to fit 43mm racks/chips

All the extras like deck storage and DB storage will just add cost and will be hard to match up with everyones specific needs. Might stick to basics to begin with. Having pads for surface protections on the bottom is a big plus though. Colors are a nice touch and some will like that option & could be a selling point but basic black always works fo me personally.

Personally I don't ever need to transport chips outside of my own house in a birdcage. Other options for secure travel are available (Pelican clones, etc...). I've never had a birdcage break apart at the bottom but they are only used to move from the shelf to the table or sit there on the shelf and display chips.

I'll be interested to see what you have to offer, especially in the larger chip size area (ie: 43mm)

Welcome & GL sir! :cool:

Good things:

Having options for various chips amount while keeping the cost close to what's already out there.
400 cases - rare but can be found
600 cases - available
800 cases - never seen any
1000 case - everywhere
and all sizes with the option to fit 43mm racks/chips

All the extras like deck storage and DB storage will just add cost and will be hard to match up with everyones specific needs. Might stick to basics to begin with. Having pads for surface protections on the bottom is a big plus though. Colors are a nice touch and some will like that option & could be a selling point but basic black always works fo me personally.

Personally I don't ever need to transport chips outside of my own house in a birdcage. Other options for secure travel are available (Pelican clones, etc...). I've never had a birdcage break apart at the bottom but they are only used to move from the shelf to the table or sit there on the shelf and display chips.

I'll be interested to see what you have to offer, especially in the larger chip size area (ieL 43mm)

Welcome & GL sir! :cool:

I have an 800 carrier ! i dont :(

I do like the idea of a simple design first. no bells and whistles. just a sleak looking carrier. If there's enough room between the top rack and top of the carrier to put cards and dealer button that would be great

Last edited:
So after thinking about it and re reading your op.
It would be nice to see a prototype. Something that can be tested for strength/ durability. And truly know 'how much it costs to make'.
On paper this all sounds really promising. But id be hesitant to throw any money at anything without some idea if its even viable.

This sounds like a GREAT idea for kickstarter.

Guys, be sure to subscribe and follow @aurorapokergear on Instagram. I usually duplicate post to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. as well.

Vote for a version that allows for a standard card setup and a coupe buttons. Keep it simple and plan for the lowest common denominator.

I’d be in for a couple cases pending a reasonable cost. My preference would be a 600 and 800 size.

Will definitely shoot for the lowest common denominator. I think 600 and 800 are the perfect sizes, personally, but 1000 would cover just about everyone.

love the design. Would buy a couple.

Great! Thanks, @Highli99 I'll keep you in mind!

Interested for sure. Fire sale on my old carriers lol

To support your new Apex poker chip case habit, hopefully. ;)

very cool ideas, would be interested in at least one 800 reg size, and 1 1000 43mm case

Excellent @Justin Olson ! I'll hold ya to it!

I would love to see a 43mm version too!

Copy that.

In Shark Tank fashion, I will give you $50 or a little more for one carrier and 0% of your company.

Sold. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Just started following you on instagram... LOVE the rubber feet!

My thoughts exactly!

These look awesome and I really like the cards/dealer button integration.

I would be in for a least two cages.

Fantastic, @realcdn ! I'll keep you posted.

DO NOT THROW IN THE TOWEL

You simply overlooked your biggest market... us chip nerds!!! :sneaky::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::p

I think you're right, @justsomedude Based upon the response to this thread alone, I'm so glad I didn't. Was that close though.

1000ct cases that accommodate 43mm racks FTW.
This looks very interesting. Love the idea of all clear acrylic and not needing the black reinforced corners.

Following with great interest and you can put me down for 2 X 800 racks for sure.

The acrylic cases now 'Almost' fit 43mm racks. doesn't seem like a stretch to make these fit both 39 and 43mm rackss without having to make 2 separate carriers.

Good luck !

I think it should be doable to design one case that accommodates both sizes of chips without any major extra space for 39mm chips.

Thanks, @MatB ! Man, we're gonna get this project wrapped up quick, at this rate. Spread the word, guys!

I'd be in for a couple

You guys are making this thing happen. Thank you, @GIANTDustySquid !

I really like the options for capacity and colors. The card storage would be a nice touch.

Be sure to subscribe so you can get in on the poll(s)!

You guys are going to have this design banged out tonight. Not sure I am in the market for thi myself, but I really appreciate great design and so far this looks like a great design.

Thanks for the kind words, @JustinInMN I'm reinvigorated, thanks to you guys.

I have about a half dozen, myself. Well, the crystal ones from PCL. I'm pretty sure they fit, but I wouldn't want to transport them in an Apex without some kind of padding. Maybe a foam insert would be a good idea.

I ordered a case from eBay and the first one arrived broken. They sent another and it was also broken so I'd definitely be interested in more durable ones.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm sure they took the utmost care in packaging it too. :rolleyes:

Yea im in for sure for atleast 2 maybe more

Very, very cool, @WhiteMamba1646 I'll be in touch!

Personally, I need a 1200-chip carrier because it can carry a full set of roulette chips, 6 players of 200 chips each. No, I would not rather tote around 2x 600-chip carriers for this purpose.

Since I am unfamiliar with the original Kickstarter campaign, forgive me if you've already considered these options during development. I would consider using a plain, flat bottom to the case, maybe with just the pylons/rack stabilizers. That way, you could use a modular stacking system for accessories, such as a plate that can hold 2 decks of poker size cards, or one that can hold 2 decks of bridge size cards, or one that can hold a buttons or oversize chips/plaques. They would probably best fit on the bottom, but there's no law against them stacking at the very top of the cage. Can even do it in stiff foam to offer a cushion on top of the chip stacks.

In this fashion, a 600-chip height cage can be used with 400 chips + 2 modular plates, or an 800-chip height cage can be used with 600 chips + 2 modular plates, etc.

I would use a 1200 as well since i use 2 600 carry cases for our tuesday games. One is a tourney set the other cash. It would be nice to have it all in one

Unfortunately, I have to go Christmas shopping with the wife, but I WILL be back on it as soon as I can! Keep the comments/suggestions going! Many thanks!

I do like the idea of a simple design first. no bells and whistles. just a sleak looking carrier. If there's enough room between the top rack and top of the carrier to put cards and dealer button that would be great

I'm a second vote for this concept!

I almost never take ALL of my chips out of a carrier, and I have a feeling that if I did put cards/buttons in the bottoms storage slots, they might sit there for 5+ years before they ever saw the light of day. On the other hand, having extra space to put cards/buttons on the TOP of the chips is very appealing to me. I almost always pull cards out first to get them shuffled and sorted before any chips hit the felt. And I only pull out chips as I need them (as players buy in). Having to remove all of my chips to get to the bottom of a birdcage for my cards and buttons seems onerous.

Maybe @Mario Garza can relaunch the card rack / tray as part of his offerings as well! *hint hint*

Has to be flat head screw and/or countersunk though..... can you tell I am nervous about scratching my or someone else's table/furniture.
:LOL: :laugh:

Is it weird that my concerns are just the opposite??? :unsure:

I don't want some one else's table/crumbs scratching the bottom of my birdcage... :wtf:

1545274141143.png

Ikea felt furniture feet FTW! :p

These look great, so long as they’re available in some color besides white.

IMO, you’d be better off prioritizing 600s over 400s. A 400 is useful only for a minimal STT set. A 600 can handle a touney set or a full-table cash set.

I’d be in for at least two 600s and t wo 1000s.

GLW venture!

Definitely in for a few. Maybe you could come up with an acrylic rack that fits on top of the chips and holds two decks and two buttons. 1000ct cage could hold 800 plus 2 of said trays. More than enough space with a lid which the buttons rest in. Try to macgyver that!
Just imagine the decks dropped into the tray with a lid that holds the buttons.

20181219_185403.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom