Anyone Mill RHCs? (1 Viewer)

joeyshin

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I’m trying to find someone to mill some RHC hotstamped and cancelled chips for me. Pretty please???!

I have a 1 1/4 bit, but it chops off the edge of the mold. A custom sized bit would be needed to make it happen, and I'm not sure that would be worth the effort.

Hahaha. Yeah I’ve asked a few times and he said he doesn’t do RHCs. Maybe he’s changed his mind

@Josh Kifer ??
It's not a "change mind" issue, it's more of it's really not doable past CNC or someone making a custom bit. That's alot of work for something we already have ways to do it.

None that we have been able to find. @TheB00T found some 1-1/8” that I had never seen before. This may work, larger than the inlay, but smaller than the outer rim.
I only use Magnate bits and know they don't have the size. I haven't adventured out to others, but Magnate does a fantastic job on 7/8 and 1 inch.

And I'll mill whatever someone wants, but I also do my best to explain why it can be risky or a bad idea. I never want a customer to have expectations and receive something they are disappointed in or the chips being ruined. Apart of dealing with me is total transparency.

I am not the end all of options, but I try and at least do it the right way.

I only use Magnate bits and know they don't have the size. I haven't adventured out to others, but Magnate does a fantastic job on 7/8 and 1 inch.
Yeah I use the Magnate myself. I do have those two Amazon brands as well; Excel and Yonico I think. They are usable but I definitely recommend everyone just get the Magnate. I don’t have any future plans for milling RHCs but I am sure someone will try it at some point with the 1-1/8 from China via eBay.

someone post a picture of what kind of bit to look for. I'll look for one. I have a friend that does granite fabrication and can make any size bit needed. They will be diamond edged though Lol

None that we have been able to find. @TheB00T found some 1-1/8” that I had never seen before. This may work, larger than the inlay, but smaller than the outer rim.
I think you are talking about the 27mm t-channel (wood working) bit? The issue with that bit is it is sharp on the edges and the center "rail" (for lack of a better description) on the bottom has a gap. Theoretically, you could "double mill" (7/8" and then the 27mm) to git a flat bottom but I don't believe anyone has tried it.

I did order the 27mm (on eBay - Chinapak) to try it for myself.

I am glad you posted this. I had no idea either. I’ve been looking to pick up some solid RHC’s to have milled to use as a frac in a custom set. On to plan B.

I think you are talking about the 27mm t-channel (wood working) bit? The issue with that bit is it is sharp on the edges and the center "rail" (for lack of a better description) on the bottom has a gap. Theoretically, you could "double mill" (7/8" and then the 27mm) to git a flat bottom but I don't believe anyone has tried it.

I did order the 27mm (on eBay - Chinapak) to try it for myself.

No, there is actually a 1-1/8” bottom cleaning bit on eBay now. I had never seen one before but someone just found it.

Yeah I bought one of those t channel bits to attempt double milling but had not gotten to it. Honestly I have no desire to mill RHCs so it was pure experimentation and low on my priorities.

3692BE7F-44C3-467C-9CD0-C2C3500CF467.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom