Anyone made a poker table from a hinge top table like this one? (1 Viewer)

Jake14mw

Flush
Reaction score
Been planning on building a 58" round. I have had a wooden pedestal base for it for a while now. I don't want to leave it out permanently, so I was thinking I would have to build it with a top that was somehow removable, so I can store it.

Then I found this table on Craigslist. It has a hinged top. This would be great for storage. It is the perfect size, 54"! No cutting needed. My only concern is the stability. I am surprised how solid the locking mechanism actually is though.

Has anyone seen one of these before? I know I saw something very similar years ago. Looking for any advice/opinions. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20190924_203642576.jpg
    IMG_20190924_203642576.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_20190924_203717981.jpg
    IMG_20190924_203717981.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 305
I built this years ago (2011 I think), the felt has been changed but the table is still in use and works very well. Let me know if you have questions.

final table 1.jpg

final table 11.png

table design.jpg

Thanks very much for the details. With yours, the top attached to the base is so big that it must be rock solid when you lock it down. Using the window locks was a great idea! Nicely done. How do you move it? It looks like it would be tough to carry!

Yea, the table is very solid. Moving the table takes two people. I put the table down and lock it in place, then the wife and I move it into place. My wife can easily handle it, also we only have to move it a few feet away from the wall.

This is a really cool idea, I like how it can be used as a table while away and it doesn't put any pressure on the foam while being "stored."

Woody - how wide is that base platform?

I'm still debating on whether to use this tilting idea for my 58" round, or just making the top removable. If I do make it removable, I am definitely using the window sash locks idea though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom