Anyone ever read Confessions of a Winning Poker Player by Jack King? (1 Viewer)

AH77

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
There’s a reference in Rounders about this book when Mike says, "Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career."

I can’t really find much about this book other than that it was written in 1940 by an author with the psuedonym, “Jack King”. Theres only a few copies floating around it seems, selling at $200+ on eBay or amazon.

Seems like it could be a fun read for nostalgia purposes.

I hadn't even thought to look into it until I saw your post.

Interestingly, it appears that there's the original version, Confessions of a Poker Player, and Confessions of a Winning Poker Player was a later republication, according to Abe Books. Hard to tell if there's anything different about them aside from the title.

1670110563160.png

I have to wonder what the price of this book would be if it had not been briefly mentioned in Rounders.

I would love to read it but am not willing to pay $200+ for the privilege.

I hadn't even thought to look into it until I saw your post.

Interestingly, it appears that there's the original version, Confessions of a Poker Player, and Confessions of a Winning Poker Player was a later republication, according to Abe Books. Hard to tell if there's anything different about them aside from the title.

The former costs $12.99, the later is exponentially more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom