Anybody notice how slippery the cloths are at the WSOP? (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Watching a lot of coverage and it seems nearly impossible for dealers to spread the flops this year - the cloths seem way too slippery. I wonder some things:

Did anybody who played this year notice this in person?

Were all the tables this slippery, or just the tv tables?

Or is it possibly the fault of the RFID cards?

Is this indicative of Gorilla cloths?

I love my gorilla table, but I chose suited speed cloth. If I were to ever order a custom printed cloth, I’d look to gorilla first, since they’re local. But if their cloths are that slippery, I’m probably not interested.

I know there were some complaints in the early tournies with the cards warping. I wonder if they replaced them with something stickier?

I think gorilla has been known for the exact opposite. No slide at all.
So many variables here. I believe Gorilla built the tables for the WSOP, but does that mean they built the four TV tables? And even if they did, who knows if they were re-felted?

One of my poker buddies went to the WSOP this summer (twice actually) and one of the tables he played on had been re-felted. The table at one time had a shufflemaster built into but it had been removed. But they didn’t bother to fill in the hole in the table, they just covered the hole with the new felt. :wow: :LOL: :laugh:

One of my poker buddies went to the WSOP this summer (twice actually) and one of the tables he played on had been re-felted. The table at one time had a shufflemaster built into but it had been removed. But they didn’t bother to fill in the hole in the table, they just covered the hole with the new felt. :wow: :LOL: :laugh:
DEE493F4-8641-4098-B5F3-41FADB4ABA69.gif

That's definitely just the feature tables. And I think most of the cash game tables. Vast majority are great feel. Not a lot of slide at all. Worse than that is the railings not sitting flush with the felt. Very easy to pitch a card right under them

Late in a 3k event, I dealt a hand. Utg and uth +1 acted. Then cutoff said, where is my other card. My heart skipped a beat. We lifted the rail. NO CARD. Then my heart just stopped all together. Then we lifted it again and noticed the 2nd card had got caught in the fabric of the railing and actually lifted up with the rail. Lol. After that I pitched each card sooooo gently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom