Any recommendations for a fold up poker table? (1 Viewer)

mummel

Full House
Reaction score
Just poking around, seeing whats out there and what these baby's cost.

1) I would need to fold the legs so the poker table can be stored along a wall
2) Needs to have deep cup holders (the guys wrecked my previous table top)
3) 8 players, maybe 10, but 8 is fine
4) Ive read about speed felt. Not sure if its just marketing or a must have
5) I like the racetrack look, but from what I've read, no racetrack is the way to go
6) Hopefully the table is lightweight for mobility
7) No dealer spot necessary
8) I'm open to a hexagon or oval shaped table (hexagon preferred)
9) Needs to be sturdy for a rowdy bunch

What do these tables cost? Any pointers? Any companies I can start looking at? What would be the ideal dimensions?

TY guys.

I'm guessing something like this. 10 players looks a little crowded. What should these babies cost?

s-l1600.jpg

48-green-ss.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, for starters, I think a oval is the way to go. You can barely fit 8 people at a hex table comfortably, and certainly not 10. An oval allows more room, and is more standard (current) on the poker table front. In other words, you try to go onto Craigslist and you'll find a ton of hex tables for next to nothing (can't give them away), and fewer ovals (which I think are more desirable).

Secondly, cupholders in the play surface are to be avoided if at all possible. They are chip magnets, and simply take up chip/card real estate. Cupholders in the rail (or in slide-under cup holders) are much preferred. If you have the room/money, the best option is drink carts. They all for food/phones/beverages, etc...

I've had success trolling craigslist for TV trays, cutting two 3-5/8" holes in them, and inserting two jumbo drink holders. I've even upholstered them w/ poker felt (but you don't have to). Cost is reasonable. You can get 4 oak drink carts for $20-30 (~$7 ea). Stainless cupholders for $5 each, puts the cost at $17 ea cart. Upholstered, they're more (probably $25-30 into them). You can see one of them in the uppermost photo below.

As for a table, you can get a very nice built table (with good materials) doing it yourself. There are lots of how-to's, and it's not overly complicated, even though I thought t it might be (when I built my first table), and here's one of my first and one of my latest builds.... The first (done with folding legs) could be done for around $300-350 in materials and looks like a $1400 table. The lighted rail table is admittedly more complicated, but shows that anyone can build a basic table.

Hon Chair.jpg

FT Small.JPG

FT Play.JPG

I have gotten both my tables of Craigslist for a heck of a deal and refinished them myself. Like you, I prefer the octagon, I just don't have the space in my room for two full size tables. If you are looking for a fold up table, check Craigslist and see why they have. Foam and speed cloth are very easy to replace, so as long as the bones of the table are good, you can get a deal.

Man that table you built with the LEDs is magnificent. Well done.

Yeah I dont have the tools to make the table myself, and if I factor in buying the tools & labor, Im probably a lot better off buying one of CraigsList.

But your tips on what to look for are awesome, thanks for the help.

Oval table, check
Cup holders in the rail, check

I hope I can find something on Craigs. Ty guys.

If you have the room, you can't go wrong with a standard oval table like pictured above.

As for the oval table, would you guys recommend 84 X 42 or 96 X 42? TY.

Depends on space you have. But I'd go with 92x42 or 44

Is 84 too small for 8 players?

84x42 gives you ~27" per player with 8 players and ~24" for 9 players. Plenty of room.

A while ago I bought a table from Gorilla Gaming. I said I was going to do a review on it but I never did. I wouldn't have any reservations recommending these tables to anyone. Very sturdy and well built. You can choose your options and your price is updated live. If you're stuck between an octagon or oval, they have a pub table that's a small 8 seat oval. Many people say that you can get more table for the money by building it yourself, and that it's super easy to do, and it's probably true for many people. But if that's not an option I would at least check out their site at gorillagaming.net.

A while ago I bought a table from Gorilla Gaming. I said I was going to do a review on it but I never did. I wouldn't have any reservations recommending these tables to anyone. Very sturdy and well built. You can choose your options and your price is updated live. If you're stuck between an octagon or oval, they have a pub table that's a small 8 seat oval. Many people say that you can get more table for the money by building it yourself, and that it's super easy to do, and it's probably true for many people. But if that's not an option I would at least check out their site at gorillagaming.net.

Fantastic website, but its like $700+ for a folding home table (I dont even know what shipping is). Seems way overpriced for a fold up. They have some great looking tables.

What do you guys think about this table from Brybelly. $270:

262_images_products_1045_5745.jpg

5745_11784.jpg

What do you guys think about this table from Brybelly. $270:

262_images_products_1045_5745.jpg

Hadn't looked at that table closely. Can you find it for $270 shipped? That gets pretty close to cost of materials, even with MDF, plasticy vinyl and chinese speed cloth. They wholesale it for $220, but shipping is "call for quote". All the resellers seem to tack on at least $150 for shipping.

$700 ballpark is about right for a good quality folding table unless you build it yourself. Any new table listed for $250-$350 is going to be made with cheap materials. May be OK for a casual infrequent home game but don't expect it to be sturdy or last too long.

Fantastic website, but its like $700+ for a folding home table (I dont even know what shipping is). Seems way overpriced for a fold up. They have some great looking tables.
Yes, you can get a cheaper table, but you said you have a rowdy bunch. They're on par for price with other quality folding tables, but budget will always trump quality.

In the Chicago area, there's a guy who sells decent tables on CL for $400. These are basic, and prices go up with added features, but I think the quality is decent. I think @Jeff may have ordered from him. OP, where are you from?

I prefer round tables over oval and hexagon. Especially if your game is typically 8 players or less.

Agree on the cupholders 100%. My table has them and it's the one thing on it I regret.

In the Chicago area, there's a guy who sells decent tables on CL for $400. These are basic, and prices go up with added features, but I think the quality is decent. I think @Jeff may have ordered from him. OP, where are you from?

I'm in Boston. Has anyone used/seen these Brybelly tables? They're in my price range. Are they half decent?

Just poking around, seeing whats out there and what these baby's cost.

9) Needs to be sturdy for a rowdy bunch

What do these tables cost? Any pointers? Any companies I can start looking at? What would be the ideal dimensions?

TY guys.

Any table you get for $350ish and under will not hold up well over time. It sounds like your budget is limited, so if you don't want to spend a lot then just be aware that you may have to reinforce the table or it may have to be replaced not long down the road. You get what you pay for.

I sell basic 42"x84" folding tables for $525 including cup holders and SSC, but shipping to USA is at least another $150.

Any table you get for $350ish and under will not hold up well over time. It sounds like your budget is limited, so if you don't want to spend a lot then just be aware that you may have to reinforce the table or it may have to be replaced not long down the road. You get what you pay for.

I sell basic 42"x84" folding tables for $525 including cup holders and SSC, but shipping to USA is at least another $150.

USD$ 525? Thats like $CAD 17 no? HAHAHAHA jokes. TY for the info.

@T_Chan so the prices listed on your site are CAD?

I have looked into your site before and was unsure, and is the $150 US or CAD. If theyre all CAD your tables are very reasonably priced

All my prices are in CAD. The only exception is custom cloths which are $225 USD if buying the cloth only.

The exchange rate is mighty powerful for my southern friends. Trihonda had one of his friends who bought a table from me a few months ago save over $1000 after exhange.

The shipping is in USD though since I personally bring the tables into WA then ship them from there. They charge me in USD so I have to do the same.

You have some beautiful creations but its just way outside of my budget (plus I dont have a permanent space to take care of such a nice table). If I had a man cave, I'd bee all over it!

Anyone know where I can get those Brybelly tables for cheap?

Keep an eye on your local craigslist

Keep an eye on your local craigslist

I second this. Those brybelly tables will have shoddy construction. Cheap play surface (probably mdf) which will likely absorb water and warp. A cheap rail will will rip easily. And cheap clog which will pill and not have good glide. Oh the legs will also probably wobble. You get what you pay for for.

A home made table will likely include decent materials. Probably cost u less. Thinking a used table might run 200-300

All my prices are in CAD. The only exception is custom cloths which are $225 USD if buying the cloth only.

The exchange rate is mighty powerful for my southern friends. Trihonda had one of his friends who bought a table from me a few months ago save over $1000 after exhange.

The shipping is in USD though since I personally bring the tables into WA then ship them from there. They charge me in USD so I have to do the same.

$525 CAD is barely $400 USD :eek:. @mummel, it really doesn't make sense to buy a brybelly table for $270 (if you can find it) with cheap chinese materials and quality control when you can have a master like @T_Chan hand-build one for a couple hundred more out of pocket. There's a chance that shipping from Vancouver to Boston kills you, but you really need to get a full quote on a basic Chan folding leg table.

T Chan can you post a pic of what a CAD$525 look like? TY.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom