Any bad group buy stories out there? (1 Viewer)

SiouxperStack

Full House
Reaction score
Just wondering if people would like sharing any bad group buy stories. Personally I have been in 4 and they were led by great people so all went well: The PCF topper GB, Cards mold chips GB, a button GB, and cut cards GB. Any other stories out there ? Feel free to tag some folks.

The King Australia cards group buy last year went kind of sideways when it was discovered that all of the hearts in the bridge size decks they manufactured in most of the decks were warped and therefore unuseable. From what I hear the manufacturer made everyone whole, though.

The Angel bridge size cards group buy from Amazon Japan was majorly delayed for most because half the order went missing (twice) before all of the decks arrived to make everyone whole.

Moral of the story: If you're going to run a group buy for cards, opt for poker size decks.

The King Australia cards group buy last year went kind of sideways when it was discovered that all of the hearts in the bridge size decks they manufactured in most of the decks were warped and therefore unuseable. From what I hear the manufacturer made everyone whole, though.

The Angel bridge size cards group buy from Amazon Japan was majorly delayed for most because half the order went missing (twice) before all of the decks arrived to make everyone whole.

Moral of the story: If you're going to run a group buy for cards, opt for poker size decks.
Surprised no one shared the images of the warped hearts. At least everyone was made whole again.

There was this one.

boat-stuck-in-the-suez-canal-memes-kgl.jpg

No bad ones here. If I could go back in time, I'd get in on that last TRK group buy, Kings Crown hot stamps or whatever it was.

There was a Dal Negro card group buy back at the blue place that went completely sideways.

The organizer didn't have a clue about running a group buy. Most people didn't get any cards. Refunds took a long time. I believe it took people harassing him and calling him at his employer before he got off his ass to make people whole.

There was a Dal Negro card group buy back at the blue place that went completely sideways.

The organizer didn't have a clue about running a group buy. Most people didn't get any cards. Refunds took a long time. I believe it took people harassing him and calling him at his employer before he got off his ass to make people whole.
Wow that’s insane. Calling him at work, damn.

Still waiting on my playing cards from Iceland.
Which one was this? I'm assuming prior to summer 2019 before I signed over my soul by registering to this place?

Wow that’s insane. Calling him at work, damn.

I can't recall all the details but he went completely dark on the forum for a while. No communication. No explanation. It was a very large order and I think several thousand dollars at stake. So people did some digging and found out where he worked since he wasn't answering PMs nor emails.

I can't recall all the details but he went completely dark on the forum for a while. No communication. No explanation. It was a very large order and I think several thousand dollars at stake. So people did some digging and found out where he worked since he wasn't answering PMs nor emails.
Well..that seems fair.

There was a group buy for Paulson Fun Nites on old CT run by user Smitty - but when the chips arrived they were BCC Fun Nites. At the time a tragedy, but awesome and desirable chips these days. I once owned 2200 of them and loved them. Sold to help fund my oldest son’s college education expenses. ☹️

There was a group buy for Paulson Fun Nites on old CT run by user Smitty - but when the chips arrived they were BCC Fun Nites. At the time a tragedy, but awesome and desirable chips these days. I once owned 2200 of them and loved them. Sold to help fund my oldest son’s college education expenses. ☹️
What a time that must have been. Wish I had gotten involved years ago to buy directly from manufacturers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom