Another "Do you make this river call?" thread (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
25NL Zoom on Ignition
Folds to Hero in HJ. Hero FRI 2.5BB. CO calls, BB calls. Not ideal ...

1642195370753.png

Flop is pretty connected. I should have just X but I bet small here to keep the initiative and for some protection against a flush or draw completing hand - 1/4 pot. Didnt have a great reason why. Both players call.

1642195395603.png

Turn adds to the connectedness and X around. KJ got there.

1642195541436.png

SB leads a blank river for 1/2 pot. Call or fold?

1642195602680.png

With a person behind, probably sigh fold. It's the OOP player really betting a T into two people on river after overcalling the flop? Hell no.

Bart just had a free episode all about overcalling OOP and what it means.

Well his river size was pretty merge-y suggesting a medium strength hand. I think he raises flop with the Q with the heart draw out there, so I'm taking QX out of range. If he had the straight I think he would go larger on the river (more like 3/4 pot+) especially multi-way where one of us is likely to find a call. As I dont think he has a Q or the straight, I'm beating every other one-pair medium strength hand he could have here. So I call and get lucky ...

1642197968750.png

Well his river size was pretty merge-y suggesting a medium strength hand. I think he raises flop with the Q with the heart draw out there, so I'm taking QX out of range. If he had the straight I think he would go larger on the river (more like 3/4 pot+) especially multi-way where one of us is likely to find a call. As I dont think he has a Q or the straight, I'm beating every other one-pair medium strength hand he could have here. So I call and get lucky ...

View attachment 846614
If it wasn't 3 way its a trivial call. It's pretty weird to see such a bet from the OOP player 3 ways.

I would’ve folded out of fear. I think it’s just an experience (I lack) thing, calculating the odds of someone actually flopping a set or bluffing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom