Alternative Storage (1 Viewer)

spellholly

Pair
Reaction score
Hi all!
I am looking to store some chips I don't want to have taking up rack space- but cant part with either (like the Poker Knights chips).

I am wondering if anyone knows anything about some sort of heat shrink wrap I could use...

Alternatively I know the 39mm chips are the same diameter as US Mint issued silver bullion. Has anyone used any tubes or wrappers meant for that as poker chip holders?

I obviously could buy "poker chip tubes"... But I am looking for a fast and easy solution for really basic chips.

We are not talking Paulsons here folks XD

~Koda

Warneke boxes? Not sure how many chips you're talking but just place an add for some of these storage/shipping boxes and someone should be able to help you out. I might have a few spares as well.

I am wondering if anyone knows anything about some sort of heat shrink wrap I could use...
It’s hard to imagine what you’re looking for, when you say this. Would this be like long term storage - you’d shrink wrap them into tubes and throw them on a shelf? If that’s the case, why not just put them in ziplock bags and roll them up?
And I don’t mean to be insulting, but if you’re talking about long term storage of 15 cent plastic chips, I’m thinking a cardboard box would work fine.

Cheap chips? I've got a few solutions:
A bucket.
bucket.jpg

Or a big bucket.
bucket.jpg

Or many small buckets.
bucket.jpg

It’s hard to imagine what you’re looking for, when you say this. Would this be like long term storage - you’d shrink wrap them into tubes and throw them on a shelf? If that’s the case, why not just put them in ziplock bags and roll them up?
And I don’t mean to be insulting, but if you’re talking about long term storage of 15 cent plastic chips, I’m thinking a cardboard box would work fine.
Oh by no means is it insulting! Again I said I am not looking for a fancy option- I basically dont want to throw them out. A plastic bag honestly makes a ton of sense! It would be nice to have them in like a "factory" solution- but honestly why bother if I am going to invest more in storage solutions than throwing out the chips and re buying if I miss them! Good insight :)

Oh by no means is it insulting! Again I said I am not looking for a fancy option- I basically dont want to throw them out. A plastic bag honestly makes a ton of sense! It would be nice to have them in like a "factory" solution- but honestly why bother if I am going to invest more in storage solutions than throwing out the chips and re buying if I miss them! Good insight :)
Yeah... I was just about to suggest throwing them out might be the best solution. Alternatively, they might be a nice gift to a new user here... give them away to someone who will pay the shipping costs.

Yeah... I was just about to suggest throwing them out might be the best solution. Alternatively, they might be a nice gift to a new user here... give them away to someone who will pay the shipping costs.
What do you think a good way to reach a new user would be? I know the rules have changed since I came on- Classifieds seem like the way to go- but they might not know the best way to respond (if they cant post in them yet)

What do you think a good way to reach a new user would be? I know the rules have changed since I came on- Classifieds seem like the way to go- but they might not know the best way to respond (if they cant post in them yet)
Just put in the classified ad to have them PM you if they can't post in the thread yet. I've definitely seen that before.

If you decide to keep them rather than giving/selling them to someone, I personally would store them in some way other than loose in a bag, bucket, or box. You might not want to bother with a case or racks if you don't think you'll put them in play very often, but you'll still appreciate having them in neatly stackable rolls sorted out by denomination even if they're just going to sit on a shelf for a while.

Take about forty or fifty chips or so and put the stack in a plastic bag (like a sandwich bag or what have you). Make sure the stack stays neatly settled at the bottom of the bag so that it makes a roll rather than just a loose pile of chips, then roll up the bag around the chips. Use a piece of tape to keep the bag rolled up.

Then you can put your rolls in a bigger bag, bucket, or box and shove it out of sight on a shelf until you're ready to either take them out and play with them again or ship them off to someone who wants them.

This solution keeps them neatly contained and organized, and all it takes is a few zip-top sandwich bags and some tape. I recommend using masking tape or painter's tape to make it easy to reopen the bags later.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom