Verticle Storage Rack Options (2 Viewers)

Huskerchipper

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Looking at getting some custom wood trays done for chip storage/display. I have had my chips stored in basic acrylic trays with lids, however unless you are at the perfect angle you can't really see the chips very well. I'm moving my chips out of hiding and possibly going to use the cabinet pictured. Flat storage in a tray was my first thought however I have always thought a vertical type of holder (similar to a craps tray) would display the chips better. So I'm on the fence between building a standard horizontal tray or doing something different and going vertical. Has anyone ever done this???

Attachments

• 20230912_230611.jpg
    20230912_230611.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 20230913_190700.jpg
    20230913_190700.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot_20230912_215940_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230912_215940_Samsung Internet.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 141
Looking at getting some custom wood trays done for chip storage/display. I have had my chips stored in basic acrylic trays with lids, however unless you are at the perfect angle you can't really see the chips very well. I'm moving my chips out of hiding and possibly going to use the cabinet pictured. Flat storage in a tray was my first thought however I have always thought a vertical type of holder (similar to a craps tray) would display the chips better. So I'm on the fence between building a standard horizontal tray or doing something different and going vertical. Has anyone ever done this???
I bet @alecnetwoodworks could make whatever you wanted fairly easily. His work is top notch. See his vendor page, if you have not already, for some of the custom work he has done for many members.

I bet @alecnetwoodworks could make whatever you wanted fairly easily. His work is top notch. See his vendor page, if you have not already, for some of the custom work he has done for many members.
Yes he comes highly recommended and he has commented on another post that he is available. I'm just trying to make up my mind before I send him a private message as I'm whiffling back and forth on what I want to have made. My chips have sat in a dark basement for way too long. It's time to let them shine!!

You can get a similar effect using standard racks by turning them to the side.

Something like this:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/justin-chip-racks-3-sizes-in-stock.105247/post-2174850

View attachment 1195043

But with more of an eye towards presentation.
I know what your saying but I've had my chips in acrylic trays since I got them. I want to take it up a notch and have something that says classy. If I'm going to invest over 10k+ in poker chips I can certainly invest in a few hundred dollars for storage/display. Thank you for the reply. I do appreciate it.

The more I think about it, I think something like this is the direction I'm going with a few minor tweaks. This one holds 1400.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230914_001915_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230914_001915_Chrome.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 106
Mind if I ask where that's available for sale? Or just what it sells for?

Mind if I ask where that's available for sale? Or just what it sells for?
It's on Etsy. It offers 7 stain options and most of those choices are $275. I would think it would be a fairly easy to design to replicate. Thoughts TChan? There's a few minor things I would want to tweak but it's pretty damn close to what I have invisioned for years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom