All Things Redbelly! Hello Friends, old and new! (3 Viewers)

Amazing pics. So freaking cool you took advantage of things and did this adventure. Well done. Extra credit. :)

Amazing pics. So freaking cool you took advantage of things and did this adventure. Well done. Extra credit. :)
Thanks! We are heading your way on a couple of weeks to visit the grand babies in Seattle! (Sorry for the delay... we were yucking it up at F1 in Austin this past weekend on a whirlwind weekend!

Unboxing "Final Move" boxes and came across these lovely chips! I had forgotten how much I love this set!
(...fracs are in one of these boxes....)

157703B2-D8EF-404F-AFF9-00206D0F0547.jpeg

72099572-EBCB-4E29-BFB1-3E8B87EE0D0F.jpeg

Hello Everyone!

Just an update on our travels!

Without going into a lot of details we, very suddenly, decided to stop our travels this past June!

We were on a fantastic run in 2021 having just spent amazing times in Sedona, Grand Canyon (Hiked from the S rim down to the Colorado and back out, one day, 17 miles/ 9 hrs... epic views from below the rim!), Kanab, and Bryce Canyon... made it to Park City, UT but stopped our travels there and turned the coach towards Denver... where we bought a house! We expect a closing date in June 2022 and have turned our excitement towards that next chapter!

It's fascinating to find ourselves changing course so unexpectedly. It certainly was not because we were tired of our travels.... we were knee deep in the planning stages for 2022 which was going to take us up to the NE and into Nova Scotia. In fact, I shared with very close friends that we didn't see stopping until after I retired (in eight years) just a week prior to our abrupt halt.

In short we saw opportunities with my job that made sense to stop our travels (or at least our Nomadic travels) and set down "temporary" roots in a SWA base, take advantage of my seniority, and buy a home near the airport. I haven't driven to work (lived in a pilot base) for 23 years!). Having been in Denver since the end of June it certainly is a new aspect to my job that I am enjoying.

I don't know what the future holds for the Redbelly Poker Room but I can't see NOT having some sort of resurrection. But that may take a couple of years! While the new home will have a basement to host games, it will have to be finished before that happens and that may be a while.

Funny to see my last post about our new grandson, Harvey only to let you all know that we just celebrated our GrandDAUGHTER'S FIRST birthday this month! (Harvey will be TWO in November!) So I'm doubly old!

Looking forward to attending @mrtree 's meetup in April and frequenting here more often. I'll be looking for opportunities to find some poker games in the Denver area as well! : )

Travels are certainly not over as Sumer and I are heading to Formula 1 this weekend AND we do have Grandkids... the travels will just be a little more conventional. Certainly Denver and Colorado in general offer amazing opportunities that we plan to take advantage of in spades!

Here are some recent pics that I can share just before we put the brakes on.... probably should have updated this thread more often but we were having a lot of fun!

Hope this finds everyone well!

Cheers!

View attachment 798018
View attachment 798020
View attachment 798021
View attachment 798022
View attachment 798023
View attachment 798024
View attachment 798025View attachment 798026
View attachment 798027View attachment 798028
View attachment 798029
Awesome views and nice Rubicon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom