AliExpress selling a custom design? (1 Viewer)

p5woody

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody seen this happen before? I don't normally check AliExpress so I was just wondering if this has happened before.
I recently completed a design for a member here on PCF. Here is one of my mockups, the final color combinations were a little different so they are not exact copies of the final product but this still has me concerned. One of the advantages of a custom design is security, so this kind of sucks.

And here is what we found on AliExpress.

I am contacting the people involved. I was not involved in the printing of the chips, so I am trying to find out how this happened. Just to be clear the printing was not done through a vendor in the marketplace or a vendor I have dealt with in the past (as far as I know).

I guess this a warning to be careful with who you use for printing your chips if copies are a concern.

It doesn't surprise me. It's a risk you take sending companies in China business. I'm actually very surprised the company that made the Aria knockoffs (not tributes) hasn't plastered them all over the internet.
It sucks though. Like they obviously had access to the art file and couldn't even edit it a bit? Just swapping colors? Smh..

But a nice clean design! And apparently an even better "handfeel".

That sucks. :(

Copyright/Trademark/Owner-Creator Rights don't seem to exist or are honored in China. You can get anything made/printed there with no problem. part of the higher cost of places like CPC/GPI/etc... is the security of your artwork on custom orders. (some) Chinese companies will knock off anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom