Alaska Cruise 2021 (1 Viewer)

Bring a jacket.
If you need a jacket, Mark is going to need a parka!

D69BDF23-D92B-4DC8-BCDE-8BD50FC22CA3.jpeg

How long are you in Ketch for? Creek Street, touristy as it is, is a nice walk. Ray Troll owns a nice gallery at the north end. Misty Fjords is gorgeous. Any float plane ride there is lovely.

Goldbelt Tram in Juneau.

Any salmon fishing day trip options? Might be too late in the season.

Post photos please!

(I used to live above 13 Creek St in Ketchikan.)

We did the white pass railroad out of skagway.
Great scenery, but a long ride followed by a bus trip back. Was still the best cruise to date, until my April 2022 Vancouver to Hawaii cruise :)

Oops, skagway is not on your list. Everything is awesome, you will have a blast.

I did a seaplane tour out of Ketchikan. I can't remember which company off the top of my head, but it was one of the local companies and not one of the bigger operations that only operates touring peak tourist season. It was a really good time, beautiful scenery, and I got about 10 feet from a black bear because the local pilot knew where to find them.

I also second the recommendation on whale watching tours in Juneau.

My brother’s favorite joke,

“Do you like Alaska?"

"Juneau the Capital?"

So many people say "Anchorage?"

Haha

I did a seaplane tour out of Ketchikan. I can't remember which company off the top of my head, but it was one of the local companies and not one of the bigger operations that only operates touring peak tourist season. It was a really good time, beautiful scenery, and I got about 10 feet from a black bear because the local pilot knew where to find them.

Taquan Air
taquanair.com

Funny story, we were in port sitting on our balcony and my wife was lamenting that we should have gone on a whale watching excursion. Not 1 minute later, a whale popped.up in the harbor, tail in the air and all. She screams "WHALE!" and I swear half the ship rushed to the side to see it.

Funny story, we were in port sitting on our balcony and my wife was lamenting that we should have gone on a whale watching excursion. Not 1 minute later, a whale popped.up in the harbor, tail in the air and all. She screams "WHALE!" and I swear half the ship rushed to the side to see it.
Did it tip over?

Gorgeous weather, btw. I love sailing in that weather

Same thing happens when WW walks into a poker room...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom