About 18 months into the Hobby... 45k plus in chips... do we have a problem? (9 Viewers)

Also I do love the pink, I love how it ties back to the $500... the bad part is the pink in the $1k that I would never find anyway... but my though was, running a T2k that I would never have the T5 and T1k in play at the same time... still sucks to overlap the colors!

Matty's Red would be fire in that line up though! I have a single and can atleast show a mock up and tiny splash later on!

The chip in all of itself is nice. I'm simply not partial to pink chips.

A wise man recently said that is great that we don't all like the same things in life! Lol

The chip in all of itself is nice. I'm simply not partial to pink chips.

A wise man recently said that is great that we don't all like the same things in life! Lol
The hobby would definitely be one hell of a lot less interesting, that's for sure!!

Just wish I didn't like them all!! Lol

Well @detroitdad good eye!! I really like the line up... but in a splash pot, the pink does Clash with the $500!
20201212_210831.jpg

Not that I am really sure in a T5 based tourney they would see pot action at the same time... but definitely worth thinking about!

Without the $500 I love it though!!
20201212_211354.jpg

Again hard to get the idea with a single chip... but with a single red $5
20201212_210617.jpg

Btw never realized the edge spot on the $5 matched the brown $25 quarter pie... freaking love it!! Haha

Thank you for sharing your collection. Being new to the forum, you have given me some great ideas for my 1st “good” set. Please keep us posted on any updates/changes.
Stay safe.
Well thank you for that awesome feedback!! We are still new to the hobby as well but always willing to help. If you ever have any questions that you think Brie or I can help with, feel free to post here or shoot me a PM!! Welcome to the hobby and truly looking forward to what you come up with for that first set!! Just know its all down hill from there!! Lol

As soon as you get the first one typically you are already looking for the next! If that happens we welcome you to the family!! Haha

Ben

@Beakertwang still a work in progress, but the rainbow quarter limit set is coming along well buddy!!
20201222_225600.jpg
sorry for the loosecrappy racks... all we have right now. Going to order more after the holidays. Obviously to those who are not aware the green spotted chip would be the $5 value chip here

Slish splash
20201222_230424.jpg

Not the best lighting but I think you can get the point.

Again the value chip would change hands for a barrel of chips and never be in the pot... but just for reference
20201222_230506.jpg

I still think they hold great contrast to the other chips.

Would love a light blue or purple to add to the mix but not many out there and no one is selling THC quarters.

I think it will do the trick though??

45k in a year and half...Hmmm, problem is you're not putting your back in this endeavor. Hahahaha :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

That's a crazy chip accumulation rate. I wish I logged in when I reached 50k, 75k, 80k, 90k and then 100k. I don't think I was going as fast as you 2 crazy Chip Donkeys. Nice job guys!

45k in a year and half...Hmmm, problem is you're not putting your back in this endeavor. Hahahaha :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

That's a crazy chip accumulation rate. I wish I logged in when I reached 50k, 75k, 80k, 90k and then 100k. I don't think I was going as fast as you 2 crazy Chip Donkeys. Nice job guys!
Slowing down big time buddy, not going away. Just trying to fill out the sets we have right now.... which is a lot! Haha

@Beakertwang still a work in progress, but the rainbow quarter limit set is coming along well buddy!!
View attachment 600376sorry for the loosecrappy racks... all we have right now. Going to order more after the holidays. Obviously to those who are not aware the green spotted chip would be the $5 value chip here

Slish splash
View attachment 600378
Not the best lighting but I think you can get the point.

Again the value chip would change hands for a barrel of chips and never be in the pot... but just for reference
View attachment 600382
I still think they hold great contrast to the other chips.

Would love a light blue or purple to add to the mix but not many out there and no one is selling THC quarters.

I think it will do the trick though??
Love the Red quarters. :whistle: :whistling:

@BearMetal please see post #252... the lighting was bad... need a sunny day! But as I already own a rack of brown Horseshoe quarters you can see how they look together there. The only real new addition has been that rack of Almond or Colon Orange? Whatever they call that color but the Tahoe Biltmores!
20201225_125457.jpg

On a sunny day I would be happy to do a big ole splash pot again!

The set is kind of dull, but bright awesome THC quarters like Mint Green Fitzgeralds or even the Olive greens are hard to find! Planning on doing a White Plaque for a $5 value marker and maybe a few Purple $20 plaques as well.

@Ben8257 - it's funny - this is the thread I was browsing when you mentioned me! So, I had seen this before, but had thought they were black chips for some reason (not brown). I actually like the dark brown A LOT in this set. Purple/White plaques would be VERY hot. Upon looking at this set, I actually don't think black goes; the brown is much better (both the light and dark).

@Ben8257 - it's funny - this is the thread I was browsing when you mentioned me! So, I had seen this before, but had thought they were black chips for some reason (not brown). I actually like the dark brown A LOT in this set. Purple/White plaques would be VERY hot. Upon looking at this set, I actually don't think black goes; the brown is much better (both the light and dark).
I would not want to add black to that line up... purple quarters are very rare, I dont like white chips in general because they get dirty so damn fast.... that's why I say those colors for the plaques! Green quarters are out there, it's possible someone would rather have brown than green and offer a trade. Doubtful as most don't pay attention to my baby thread, but I would love to add green rather than a second rack of brown. Quarters are hard to find, I will take what I can get!! Lol

Seriously is anyone is tired of Fitzgerald's green $.25 in olive green and wants doo doo brown Horseshoes hit me up!!

Added a couple more sample sets to the custom CPC/ASM box today
20210105_170135.jpg

We still have a couple doubles in there and as we add more the doubles will come out! Almost time to get a bunch if Display cabinets!! Lol

Unfortunately this one did not make it into the box
20210105_170346.jpg

Thank you so much @allforcharity !! I love green chips in general, the CSQ mold is my favorite, and everytime I see this chip it makes me laugh and sing "Spider Pig" from the Simpsons Movie... not sure why but it is definitely a new addition to my forever card cappers collection!

I would not want to add black to that line up... purple quarters are very rare, I dont like white chips in general because they get dirty so damn fast.... that's why I say those colors for the plaques! Green quarters are out there, it's possible someone would rather have brown than green and offer a trade. Doubtful as most don't pay attention to my baby thread, but I would love to add green rather than a second rack of brown. Quarters are hard to find, I will take what I can get!! Lol

Seriously is anyone is tired of Fitzgerald's green $.25 in olive green and wants doo doo brown Horseshoes hit me up!!
What I really need is a quick rack of these!! Lol
20210105_171100.jpg

Only blurple quarter in our collection unfortunately. 2 on eBay if you want to pony up $8 plus shipping though!!why weren't the damn Cactus Jack's $.25 instead of $.50.... uggh

Well finished up the last couple racks of CDIs... figured there have been a few additions in the holiday season. Huge shout out to @bluesman250 Addison and @Steppenwolf Nistha without your help this monster would have never grown to this level!
20210110_134837.jpg

20210110_134804.jpg

20210110_133332.jpg

If you are wondering how to transport something like that
20210110_141829.jpg

An Apache 3800 for the cash set and (3) Apache 4800s for the tourney... for now!

There is still quite a bit of top end work to do in being able to cover 80k or 100k 40 player with unlimited rebuys so we can eventually also remove the T25s to keep up with the times. There is an extra rack of T100s shown... not planning on keeping those as the cases hold 2,100 each so 4,200 chip set is the plan.

The future is an expansion to either (800) T5k or (1000) to keep the cases even, (600) T25k (165) T100k MSK sm plaques (55) T500k MSK sm plaques (we have 4 Matsui plque boxes that hold 55 small MSK plaques each I would like to utalize here) then possibly (20) T1 mil med MSK plaques. To fill the nest case evenly a total of 320 bounties (I am well aware that is excessive but nothing about this set is not excessive! Lmao it is about filling out the cases evenly and at that point this set can literally cover anything!

The cash set needs some work but all in time!

It's sooo many chips lol and quite overwhelming in person. There have been some good folks who have helped Ben along this journey. And I know how thankful we both are for them. The set looks great baby, I know CDIs aren't everyone's flavor, but it's really freaking awesome

I really enjoy reading this thread, the passion and love for this hobby in every post is visible. yeah this cdi set is very impressive (and scary at the same time;)) , congrats on your collection!!!!

I really enjoy reading this thread, the passion and love for this hobby in every post is visible. yeah this cdi set is very impressive (and scary at the same time;)) , congrats on your collection!!!!
Honestly just excited to move on to other things... this has been a very taxing venture. Absolutely ecstatic to have a set that can cover anything... but it has really limited other projects and made them take to back seat for a long time. I mean yeah I still have to pay a lot of this off, but having the chips all together now is a huge weight off!

No I'm not coming for other chips. What I mean is concentrating on custom stuff for a while. The Silver Tounged Devils are begging to be more playable and finishing the top end of the CDIs, fracs milling for Danta Ysabel's, Ash st. $20 value chips. $5 plaques for the quarter limit set... soo many projects that we need to finish up on! That way if people request sets we don't have to scramble to get them finished up!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom