A Glimpse Inside the Goldfish Bowl - poker analysis, pr0n and random thoughts (9 Viewers)

just need to get a set of clays to that bluff canyon game and your work is done.
I bought these with that host in mind. He could have designed his own labels! Leaded Paulsons - he didn’t even know the significance of that!
09A3D1C5-D2AB-4E31-9175-050B927FADF7.jpeg

Progress update on the basement (which will feature poker front and center). Cabinets installed, plumbing done, and floors installed. Next up painting. Then new TVs installed. Then perhaps a new poker table…….. hmmmmmmm.
View attachment 821004View attachment 821005View attachment 821006View attachment 821007View attachment 821008
Looks amazing!

side note. looks like you have different electrical wiring standards over there with those outlets so close to the sink.

Looks amazing!

side note. looks like you have different electrical wiring standards over there with those outlets so close to the sink.
Hmmmm. I am No expert, but I thought that the outlet could be close to the sink as long as it was GFCI. but I am not sure. I will certainly reach out to the electrician.

I know. My animal house 1.0 set is filthy. I will take pics when I get downstairs. I don’t know how/why they got so dirty so fast. But I did clean the felt, maybe this explains why the chips are so dirty…..
View attachment 816150
I have an US cleaner for you. Very nice one. I'll get it up to Kevin's next time I go up and you can pick it up. Or....if you know of anyone travelling thru Richmond, I can pass it up the corridor that way.

dang I love the color of those floors. We redid the floors in our house about 2 years back and I tried to push for that color but got vetoed by the wife for a darker color. Seeing those now, I wish I had decided to die on that hill instead of giving in! Our floors still look great, but I LOVE how yours look.

dang I love the color of those floors. We redid the floors in our house about 2 years back and I tried to push for that color but got vetoed by the wife for a darker color. Seeing those now, I wish I had decided to die on that hill instead of giving in! Our floors still look great, but I LOVE how yours look.
Thanks! I am a huge fan of luxury vinyl. We have it on all 3 levels of the house now, except the bedrooms which are still carpet. It’s water resistant, scratch resistant and looks great IMO. Upstairs we went with a darker color and we laid it down right over our hardwood floors so if we get tired of it we can just pull it up. We went with a higher end product so it wasn’t cheap, but we bought ours directly from a wholesaler so I think we got a pretty decent price (just had a contractor install it). If anyone wants the info for the wholesaler, feel free to PM me!
2614867A-220C-4FB0-A121-E3B796231D07.jpeg

Following

Great thread. Loved seeing the chip progress and poker room come together.

Us fish have to stick together.

Your stakes are a little high for me but I look forward to raising you with 3 outs at SQM and getting there. (On both boards)

And if you think that you are bad at poker. Wait till we play together.
@bergs is still not sure if I know poker hand rankings

Forgot to post pics of games last week…… I always forget when I am losing. Hahaha. Most memorable hand…. PLO 5/5/25. I have :qd::7d::tc::5c:….. now I will Pause here to let @Anthony Martino tell me how this is an easy fold….. but….. double suited, 2 st8 draws, there is a raise pre, and 4 callers sooooo…. Let’s gooo… I call. The flop ….:kd::2d::ts: ….. checks around to me so betting seemed like a good idea. POT. 2 callers. Turn is:7s:. Apparently this is the card everyone was waiting for. Checks to me. I bet POT. next guy goes all in, the other guy flats….. hahaha (horrible decision with me behind at least at the time)….. I repot putting flat boy all in. He tank calls. First all in has the nut spade draw.Flat boy has a king and second nut spade draw. We run it twice. First river is a:2h:. Second river is the:9s:. I get scooped. Fucking dealer!! Poker sucks…. At least last week. But Monday is the start of a new week!!! Let’s goooo.

What steam cleaner are you using to clean your table? Any special kind of cleaning agent?
I use this guy… make sure to get the pet version. It is stronger than the regular Version. I use the cleaning agent that came with the wet vac. I also use a bissell pre cleaning agent.
E13AEE39-CCAF-4322-8C4B-7DF673987475.jpeg
778384CF-D6B5-4527-BF1E-D56EB3135327.jpeg

And if you think that you are bad at poker. Wait till we play together.
@bergs is still not sure if I know poker hand rankings
It’s not that I am bad…. I generally know what to do…I just gamble way too much, especially pre flop. Bangers/flips are my passion. Hahaha. This what my preflop decision process generally looks like when deciding whether to call:
CB153F9F-9F4C-41A5-9FD0-0BDCC28EAC85.gif

It’s not that I am bad…. I generally know what to do…I just gamble way too much, especially pre flop. Bangers/flips are my passion. Hahaha. This what my preflop decision process generally looks like when deciding whether to call:
View attachment 827341

100% with you on that

I personally think my reads are absolutely amazing!! And know exactly what I ‘should ‘ do. But the decisions that follow are abysmal.

I also quote from ancient Buddhist scripture

‘ a man who fears the river, will drown in regret ‘

my famous saying when I am about to make a very bad decision - “well, I didn't come here to fold”. That is usually followed by “ I need more chips”.
How much does that magnify when you are down for the night?

SEAT OPEN! *pats seat cushion*
Hahaha. I get that a lot……..

true story (that I may have told before… getting old can’t remember). In Vegas at the Venetian. Played 5/10/25 big o the night before. Played like an ass. The next night our group decided to meet in the poker room to go to dinner. I get there early and sit down at an empty table to wait. Immediately people start locking up seats with players cards at the table and tell the floor that they want to play whatever I am playing. flipping jackals. Jokes on them when I got up and walked out when my friends arrived! Hahaha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom