A Glimpse Inside the Goldfish Bowl - poker analysis, pr0n and random thoughts (10 Viewers)

This is the best thread EVER!

Took me a few days to get through all 29 pages but well worth it! You are an entertainer for sure.

I would love to sit on your left anytime!

Thanks for the great read!

New Chanman felt in play. Fleece side for the win!
IMG_7037.jpeg
IMG_7034.jpeg
IMG_7033.jpeg

So, last night we had an interesting hand. Hero (we will call him @Anthony Martino) is in the double straddle position and looks down at Q544 (Q5 suited hearts). The blinds/straddles are 5/5/25/50. We are 5 handed at this point. First to act (button) calls 50. First blind makes it 200, second blind makes it 400, first straddle calls, what should @Anthony Martino do?

So, last night we had an interesting hand. Hero (we will call him @Anthony Martino) is in the double straddle position and looks down at Q544 (Q5 suited hearts). The blinds/straddles are 5/5/25/50. We are 5 handed at this point. First to act (button) calls 50. First blind makes it 200, second blind makes it 400, first straddle calls, what should @Anthony Martino do?

I mean, I fold, but I'm guessing my doppleganger rips it lol?

Waits for suited aces.

We play like we are in Texas at the Animal House. Of course, I call the 400. The button folds. Then small blind raises to 1400. Big blind calls and first straddle calls. I will just speed through the next step ….. Anthony is closing the action and getting over 3 to 1 on my money, of course Anthony calls……

We play like we are in Texas at the Animal House. Of course, I call the 400. The button folds. Then small blind raises to 1400. Big blind calls and first straddle calls. I will just speed through the next step ….. Anthony is closing the action and getting over 3 to 1 on my money, of course Anthony calls……
Q54 flop?? AJ4h flop? :vomit:

Here comes the flop……. Wait for it………744 (2 clubs)……. Yum yum. Small blind checks, big blind goes all in (with kk and k high club draw) and first straddle goes all in for even more with 5678……. Anthony goes all in and small blind folds. I think Anthony played that hand pretty well. I personally would like to thank the dealer for doing his job well. Well done dealer!

Here comes the flop……. Wait for it………744 (2 clubs)……. Yum yum. Small blind checks, big blind goes all in (with kk and k high club draw) and first straddle goes all in for even more with 5678……. Anthony goes all in and small blind folds. I think Anthony played that hand pretty well. I personally would like to thank the dealer for doing his job well. Well done dealer!
Sucka dealah!

After 3 years in this hobby I thought that I had forged through every chipping frontier, but I have managed to find a new one……. Customizing a rolling Apache case and Plastdipping the foam insert. I am so high from the fumes.
IMG_7038.jpeg

IMG_7019.jpeg

So, I played in a new game last night. They typically play all holdem but added an alternate round of plo apparently to entice me to swing by (although that was not admitted). First, they currently use a Triton table, but the host has ordered a Pharaoh table and chairs. Chairs are already there and are very nice. The table is on the way. That is a very nice upgrade for sure. However, I thought the Triton table was really nice and well made, especially if you have to put it way.
IMG_7096.jpeg

Second, these guys had no idea how to really play plo but I still could not win a hand all night. As the hours passed and my money running out I had to take drastic steps and pivot to my best game……. “Hey, have you guys ever heard of midnight baseball bangers/flips?” Needless to say, they were intrigued….. I think I won 12 out of 15 and went from massively stuck to up a nice amount……..made the drive home much more enjoyable!

Happy Super Bowl everyone!

I know midnight baseball. What is this bangers/flips variation?
Each player puts in a designated amount ….. let’s say $100. Each player gets 7 cards face down. You turn over one card at a time until you beat the high hand shown at the time. 4s cost you half the buy in (in this case $50) if you want the extra card. If you want to go total degen, you need to pay half the buy in to activate each of your wild cards (9s and 3s). Best hand takes the pot. 5 of a kind beats a straight flush. We did not play for $100 by the way……..

Each player puts in a designated amount ….. let’s say $100. Each player gets 7 cards face down. You turn over one card at a time until you beat the high hand shown at the time. 4s cost you half the buy in (in this case $50) if you want the extra card. If you want to go total degen, you need to pay half the buy in to activate each of your wild cards (9s and 3s). Best hand takes the pot. 5 of a kind beats a straight flush. We did not play for $100 by the way……..
Oh yeah, I know this one. We just call it 'the pay for everything' version. We also had a version where all 8s match pot. Like giving up a home run with the bases full. That version doesn't get called in very often.

Oh yeah, I know this one. We just call it 'the pay for everything' version. We also had a version where all 8s match pot. Like giving up a home run with the bases full. That version doesn't get called in very often.
Never heard of that. Holy crap. That would be sick! I am gonna have to think about introducing that!

We do 4 is free extra card and 3 is pay an ante (pre determined).

I’m very unfamiliar with circus games. Can you ELI5 this?

I’m very unfamiliar with circus games. Can you ELI5 this?
You get 7 cards face down, best poker hand wins. Player go in turns of position, if first player flips over a K, they have a K high, (betting round) 2nd player has to flip until they bet a K high. Etc Etc. 3s and 9s are wild cards , any number or suit. 4s are extra card (face down or up).

5 of a kind beats Royal.

You get 7 cards face down, best poker hand wins. Player go in turns of position, if first player flips over a K, they have a K high, (betting round) 2nd player has to flip until they bet a K high. Etc Etc. 3s and 9s are wild cards , any number or suit. 4s are extra card (face down or up).

5 of a kind beats Royal.
Okay I was still too dumb to follow that but looked up this which made sense to me:

Midnight Baseball is a variant of 7 card stud in which all players cards are dealt face down, and players are not allowed to look at their hands prior to playing. In addition, as a variant of Baseball, 3s and 9s are wild, and players can get another card when dealt a 4. After all players have 7 cards, the dealer will turn over 1 card from the deck, and then the player to the dealers right will turn over cards until they have a higher ranking hand than what was turned over. Once they have a higher hand, they have the option of checking or betting. Once all players have called or checked, the next player to the right will turn over cards until they either make a higher hand, or turn over all their card (at which point they lose). The betting process is again repeated and the game ends when all players have turned their cards over or folded. The winner is the player with the highest ranking 5 card poker hand.

The difference is that this references the dealer flipping the first card which is what confused me in your explanation. Is this how you play?

Last question, what does “extra card” mean for 4s?

Okay I was still too dumb to follow that but looked up this which made sense to me:

Midnight Baseball is a variant of 7 card stud in which all players cards are dealt face down, and players are not allowed to look at their hands prior to playing. In addition, as a variant of Baseball, 3s and 9s are wild, and players can get another card when dealt a 4. After all players have 7 cards, the dealer will turn over 1 card from the deck, and then the player to the dealers right will turn over cards until they have a higher ranking hand than what was turned over. Once they have a higher hand, they have the option of checking or betting. Once all players have called or checked, the next player to the right will turn over cards until they either make a higher hand, or turn over all their card (at which point they lose). The betting process is again repeated and the game ends when all players have turned their cards over or folded. The winner is the player with the highest ranking 5 card poker hand.

The difference is that this references the dealer flipping the first card which is what confused me in your explanation. Is this how you play?

“Extra card” means that when a player flips over a 4, and if that player pays the designated amount, that player will be dealt an additional card from the deck that can be used in that players hand.

Yes when we play the dealer flips the top of the deck for the first card; player flip till they can beat the high card.

Extra card for 4s , if a player flips over a 4 from their 7 cards. They get an extra card from top of the deck, they can choose to get it up or down. If its a 3s and they choose up; they pay. If its a 4, and its face down, its just a 4.

“Extra card” means that when a player flips over a 4, and if that player pays the designated amount, that player will be dealt an additional card from the deck that can be used in that players hand.
Yes when we play the dealer flips the top of the deck for the first card; player flip till they can beat the high card.

Extra card for 4s , if a player flips over a 4 from their 7 cards. They get an extra card from top of the deck, they can choose to get it up or down. If its a 3s and they choose up; they pay. If its a 4, and its face down, its just a 4.

Got it! Got some degens who would probably love this at low stakes to just gambol

My fool proof strategy for midnight baseball bangers is to put $100 in the middle

Have someone else deal the cards

Then look at the other players to see if they are sad or happy.

Generally, if all other players are sad. I would scoop the money assuming I won.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom