GB Completed 8-Table Seating Chips and Dealer Buttons (1 Viewer)

Would you buy a set?

• Yes

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • I am in for a set of SUITS seating chips

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • I am in for a set of SUITS DEALER buttons

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • I am in for a set of ROYALS seating chips

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • I am in for a set of ROYALS DEALER buttons

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Old West seating chips were 46mm and were thicker than BR Pro Poker's current offerings. To my knowledge, those blanks are not available for use. Which is too bad, as I would have gladly used them if they were an option for the seating chips I had made for our league (I used the BR Pro Poker 47mm chips). I've included pictures of the measurements for both.
PXL_20231024_234521599.jpg

PXL_20231024_234505433.jpg
PXL_20231024_234722537.jpg

PXL_20231024_234540191.jpg

PXL_20231024_234742986.jpg

The Old West seating chips were 46mm and were thicker than BR Pro Poker's current offerings. To my knowledge, those blanks are not available for use. Which is too bad, as I would have gladly used them if they were an option for the seating chips I had made for our league (I used the BR Pro Poker 47mm chips). I've included pictures of the measurements for both.
View attachment 1214570

View attachment 1214571View attachment 1214573
View attachment 1214572
View attachment 1214574

Thank you, very helpful. Making the seating chips 47mm would bump up the cost about 30c a chip, but is a possibility. When I order the prototypes, I may do some in 43mm and a some in 47mm to see the difference.

Bump for proofreading / design suggestions. Please send me any suggestions before midnight tonight.

Prototype order goes in tomorrow.

I fixed the missing gradient for blue seat 4 and added a line under the 9.

Is it just me or are the numbers really hard to read? (And I have good vision) Design is cool but I feel the number is the most important part and should stand out.

Is it just me or are the numbers really hard to read? (And I have good vision) Design is cool but I feel the number is the most important part and should stand out.
Is it the stroke, the font, or the busy background that is the problem?

I’m wondering if the stroke on the numbers is set to be inside and not on the outside of the character.
I will double check the stroke tonight. I can also try adding a bit of a drop shadow to see if that helps.

I like the rainbow dealer button too if that flies.
I will get a rainbow prototype. If we did a rainbow joker then I would probably make the king an orangish yellow as I fear red, orange, yellow, brown may all be too close. But we will know better once we have prototypes.

You guys were right. The stroke was in the middle and when I moved it to the outside, it improved legibility. I also bumped the stroke thickness up a bit and rounded the stroke. I think the numbers pop better now. I tried a drop shadow, but I axed it...I think it made things busier and less clear.

The font size on the center numbers are 60 points...so they will be BIG.

I also think the previous graphic I posted, zoomed out and with a stronger water mark might have affected readability. Here are 3 examples zoomed in and with the watermark turned down as low as possible.

Asset 16@5x.png

Asset 17@5x.png

Asset 18@5x.png

Also, I would like some feedback on the common side of the seating chips. As every chip will have this graphic, it might be the most important one. Here is a grayscale and a couple color options.

Asset 15@4x.png

I think boring grey will look better with more sets, but either way Ill be purchasing a full set of these, thanks for doing the legwork.

Personally, the multiple cards on the all-in side doesnt do it for me. Hmmm cash? Money sign? Dont know. Just spitballin.

I think boring grey will look better with more sets, but either way Ill be purchasing a full set of these, thanks for doing the legwork.

Personally, the multiple cards on the all-in side doesnt do it for me. Hmmm cash? Money sign? Dont know. Just spitballin.

Like this? Any other ideas? I can probably still update the file with Br Pro Poker to include a prototype of different designs.

Asset 20@5x.png

I received the first round of prototypes! I have to say BR Pro Poker and Kristil specifically are a pleasure to deal with!

I am pleased with the prototypes although there are still some improvements to be made before we finalize the design and move this to "taking orders" status. I probably should wait till I have sunlight to take good photos, but I want to get these out to the group as soon as possible. The prototypes tried a few things out - so some of the inconsistencies like a stroke on one design but not another were (probably) intentional.

My initial thoughts:
  1. Would anyone in the DC area like to meet up this week to look at these in person and give me their thoughts? PM me.
  2. 60mm dealer buttons and 47mm seating chips are definitely the way to go. Bigger is better!
  3. The pink is a bit too close to the red. I think I can move the pink more toward purple and it will work.
  4. I prefer to not stroke the word "dealer" but if we keep yellow I think it will be necessary - or maybe we use grey color for word "dealer" on yellow.
  5. I kind of like rainbow joker - but the word joker should be made dark grey or black to be more readable.
  6. We can bump up the size of the words "King" and "Clubs" etc. to make them a bit more readable. Maybe stroke them too.
  7. I prefer all grey for the "boring" common side over the versions with color.
What do you all think?

1699323825911.png

1699323896254.png

1699323942926.png

Number 9 and 10 are 47mm
1699324006329.png

1699324041239.png

These are awesome! Nice work @GreekRedEye !

I like the smaller numbers with the outlines and the money bag. I think the white ?s on the bounty’s are too dull and the rainbow too busy. Maybe do the ? In black (like your original design) or at least outline them like you did the numbers. Either way I’m down for the whole kit and caboodle.

These are awesome! Nice work @GreekRedEye !

I like the smaller numbers with the outlines and the money bag. I think the white ?s on the bounty’s are too dull and the rainbow too busy. Maybe do the ? In black (like your original design) or at least outline them like you did the numbers. Either way I’m down for the whole kit and caboodle.

Thanks!

I agree with all points. I will outline the small numbers on rim like #4 and #8.

The moneybag looks great in person.

I did try outlining the question mark (see the version south-east from the money-bag). It does not look good. I think, though, just making the question mark fill he same grey as the moneybag will work. Or maybe I need to darken the stroke. I will try both.

I will order a couple more prototypes of pinks, reds, yellows next week. I think we can start collecting orders concurrently though.

This weekend I will update both the design and move us to the taking order step. If anyone has design change suggestions, now is the time to ask.

I'm in agreement with what's already been said. I think they look GREAT!!! Awesome work

My one question is on the Bounty/All-In side .... will there be options for which one we want or are you going to settle on one design for all? If I had to rank them I think I would go with (favorite - least favorite): Moneybag, Cards, Dollar Sign, Question Mark, Star. I like the color for the question marks along the outside rim but as you see them in person you know best what actually looks better. Regardless what you decide I'm in for a set and am eager to get them in my grubby little hands on my poker table. :)

I'm in agreement with what's already been said. I think they look GREAT!!! Awesome work

My one question is on the Bounty/All-In side .... will there be options for which one we want or are you going to settle on one design for all? If I had to rank them I think I would go with (favorite - least favorite): Moneybag, Cards, Dollar Sign, Question Mark, Star. I like the color for the question marks along the outside rim but as you see them in person you know best what actually looks better. Regardless what you decide I'm in for a set and am eager to get them in my grubby little hands on my poker table. :)
Because of order minimums, we will standardize the back. Will be in all grey and not colors. In person I think the grey looks better. Showed them to wife and teenager and they were confused by colors on backside, "wait, which color table is this for?" Once they saw the all grey version they preferred it.

Consensus seems to be moneybag is best icon for the back.

I did try outlining the question mark (see the version south-east from the money-bag). It does not look good.
Ah-ha! Totally missed that one. I don’t think it looks bad, but maybe a little busy. You have them in front of you so I’ll definitely take your word if it looks good or not.

Showed them to wife and teenager and they were confused by colors on backside, "wait, which color table is this for?" Once they saw the all grey version they preferred it.
And just realized that if people are only getting a half set then all the colors definitely wouldn’t make sense. My only thoughts about sprucing it up is maybe adding another color that you haven’t yet used yet or maybe even do the rainbow band like that one joker dealer button. Or maybe just making the money bag tannish. I don’t know…it’s just the dealer buttons and the seating sides are just so vibrant the lack of color that reverse side just feels a little blah.

IMG_0649.jpeg

Here are the second (and I think last) round of prototypes I will send to BR Pro Poker. Trying 3 different colors of pink/purple. Trying some different strokes. I enlarged texts.

Asset 21@4x.png

On the seating chips, I think killing the "?" altogether is the way to go. Trying some different things out, including #4 with darker grey, fewer objects around the ring, some muted colors for the bounty side.

Asset 22@4x.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom