44mm chip run (2 Viewers)

These discussions are regarding 'full size' customised home game sets. Not really 'collectible' interest.
The two websites in my message footers is a good place to start for either.

Question - I apologize if this has been asked/answered before - why are the 44 mm chips limited to just 2 molds? If I like the b mold or the small crown molds, I assume I can’t get those is 44mm?

Question - I apologize if this has been asked/answered before - why are the 44 mm chips limited to just 2 molds? If I like the b mold or the small crown molds, I assume I can’t get those is 44mm?
Mold cups have to be made and they cost tens of thousands of dollars to make, and these were the only ones that already existed in some form, so they didn’t cost as much to be rehabbed. All CPC molds already existed in some form or another, and based on what David has said before, the people who used to make ASM/Burt molds stopped making them, which is why costs skyrocketed. You can’t just magically make a mold bigger.

I’ll jump in and answer this question... 44mm chips require their own unique mold. The only molds that exist in 44mm are “A” and “scroll.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom