43mm Project Discussion (7 Viewers)

2 MORE DAYS!!!!!!

Elf Excited.gif

@BGinGA or anyone else. Do you have a simple high roller single table breakdown? Chips needed, starting stacks, rebuys, and blind structure?

Do you just take the standard T25 breakdown and make it 2500 or 25k?

Any standard color choices for high roller tourney sets?

@BGinGA or anyone else. Do you have a simple high roller single table breakdown? Chips needed, starting stacks, rebuys, and blind structure?

Any standard color choices for high roller tourney sets?
Define high roller. I have breakdowns and blind schedules for almost anything.

One if the simplest single-table high denom sets is a 400-chip T500-base set: 100 each x T500, T1000, T5000, and T25000. T300K starting stacks of 10/10/7/10, and the extra T5000 chips color-up the T500/T1000 with perfect efficiency. Double the chips for two tables, triple for three, etc.

Also easy to tack on extra denoms to a standard T25-base set to have the high-denom option.

One if the simplest single-table high denom sets is a 400-chip T500-base set: 100 each x T500, T1000, T5000, and T25000. T300K starting stacks of 10/10/7/10, and the extra T5000 chips color-up the T500/T1000 with perfect efficiency. Double the chips for two tables, triple for three, etc.

Also easy to tack on extra denoms to a standard T25-base set to have the high-denom option.

This is perfect! Thanks man

This is exactly what I'm doing with my 43mm order. I just added 50 each of a couple extra colours to do some bounty and 100k chips just for fun.

Do you just add some for rebuys?

The set works for 50k stacks up to 300k stacks (50bb - 300bb with 500/1000 opening blinds), depending on how many T25k chips you issue. Plenty of extra T25k chips for rebuys, even with T100k, T150k, or T200k starting stacks. If you wanna go full-bore T300k stacks with re-buys, you're probably going to want/need a barrel of T100k chips.

I would also add that using a T25 breakdown/structure and adding two or three zeros is a lackluster idea. The whole idea of a high-roller set is to feel like you are playing with something different, not just a regular tournament with chips that happen to have decorative zeros.

Just my opinion though. No real science here, just an opinion that many "high-roller" games are just regular games, but they think the extra zeroes will impress someone. Instead, a T150,000 bet is declared "150" anyway, and after a while the only thing the extra zeros do is make the denom font smaller (to fit on the label), thus making the chips appear cluttered and difficult to read.

Oil then label or label then oil?
With previous China Clay blanks, I washed them first to remove factory dust. Just water in a tub and swirled them around a bit did the trick. I've heard stories of labels peeling off, but I've never had one peel with the wash first method.

I'd be interested to hear anybodies thoughts on these compared to previous China clays and paulsons.

My experience of China clays is that they are in no way comparable, which I wouldn't expect them to be given the price, but in photos at least these look far better than what I've seen of other China clays.

I previously had a few racks of the Pharaohs from the chiproom, so that's what I'm basing my comments on.

The colours are least look to be much improved, how about the feel of them?

I'd be interested to hear anybodies thoughts on these compared to previous China clays and paulsons.

My experience of China clays is that they are in no way comparable, which I wouldn't expect them to be given the price, but in photos at least these look far better than what I've seen of other China clays.

I previously had a few racks of the Pharaohs from the chiproom, so that's what I'm basing my comments on.

The colours are least look to be much improved, how about the feel of them?
They feel a lot more like Paulsons then CC in my opinion but are still clearly not Paulsons. That’s only based on the 9 I handled in the sample set though so others with more may have more formed opinions.

Last edited:

Gutshot reaction: they are the best China Clay on the market in every single category.

Color: probably the most brilliant examples of CCs yet. I haven't handled CPS, but maybe those are the second most brilliant (just speculating, would need expert input here). Followed by the 2017 Dunes CC. The yellow chip alone has contrast and subtlety that no other CC I think can compare to. The way older CCs used to dream of vibrancy, these have it in spades. Redder reds, pinker pinks, the 'dayglo' styles really do have saturation. If they hold their color over time (and I haven't seen a lot of fading out of the more recent sets anyhow), this will certainly be a big step forward in mid tier chips.

Feel: they're not Paulsons. Let's just be clear about that. They are, however, very nice feeling. They stack like bricks. They have a little bit of, for lack of a better word, "character" to their texture. Whereas the Dunes feel gritty almost, the Majestics are borderline slippery - these are kind of velvety in a really pleasing way. Maybe when their factory dust wears off or post oiling this may change somewhat. It's nice right out of the plastic, though.

Sound: about on par with other CCs. A dull clink. Paulsons are way brighter than this. Still nice.

Smell: this will never be a problem with Paulsons. We all know CCs smell. These smell. They're not the most noxious variety, but they have a little tinge. This tends to fade over time with play, oiling, and depending on how you store them.

Bottom line. Not Paulsons. Best China Clay (I think).

Edit: since you've handled Pharaoh's, you'll notice they lose their luster over time and are of a somewhat brittle composition. These, I'm sure, will still snap if you give them enough hell and we're eagerly awaiting the @Hobbyphilic review with the inevitable destroyed chip, but they appear more rigid than the Pharaoh's and Milanos and chips of that era. On par with Majestics, perhaps even slightly more durable.

Last edited:
Mine shipped today!!! ETA is Friday. Time to reach out to ABC about labels again...
Good morning BearMetal this is my first poker chip set had a few questions to ask about the new 43 mm chips from Apache. First if you order labels how do we put them on the chips and does abc make custom labels where on there site would you speak to? Thanks hope you can help me with some questions.

Good morning BearMetal this is my first poker chip set had a few questions to ask about the new 43 mm chips from Apache. First if you order labels how do we put them on the chips and does abc make custom labels where on there site would you speak to? Thanks hope you can help me with some questions.

I PM'd you, but for the masses, here was ABC's response to me from back in May:

We haven’t seen these chips in person yet, but we have been in contact with Apache and will be offering labels in any denomination once the chips have arrived. Our labels are a very close match to the Majestic labels, so I do not anticipate there being much of a difference between our labels and the labels from China for these chips (other than the fact that our labels adhere much better and are not as thin).

Once we have these available, we will post the information on PCF.

So I'm sure Gene knows we're all salivating here.

BTW, quick shout out to @Hobbyphilic. It's your fault I'm here right now!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom