43mm Hybrid ceramics (1 Viewer)

Beavis834

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I was wondering how the 43mm hybrid ceramics with small inlays compare to ceramics and China clays?

I currently have a set of Majestics.The Majestics are fine but I want to upgrade to a better chip.

I have a lot of different samples. Paulson's feel the best and the Classic Poker chips are a close 2nd. I have a sample set of ABC World Poker Series chips and they feel really slippery. I'm hoping the hybrids are not as slippery. I haven't found any samples of the 43mm hybrid ceramics but really like the look of them. Everyone who has them seems to love them.

Not looking to spend a lot of money on custom clays, so I thought the 43mm hybrids would be the next best option.

Any input you have would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Kevin

Sunfly hybrids are a big upgrade to majestic in my opinion. I got a sample set and it was very surprising just how nice they are. I wasn't sure what to expect but they looked and handled nicely. The sunfly chips also don't have the majestic smell.

IMG_20180618_183311.jpg

Im a fan....

Question on the Sunfly chips:

I noticed from the Burro samples the edges seem to be glossy while the chip faces were a matte finish. Can you request different finishes?

Or will the chips wear in and all be matte finish later. I would be more interested if they were glossy on the faces and the edges.

Any input appreciated.

PS. without question Sunfly hybrids are in a different league than China Clays. I still prefer the look/feel of paulson chips over the sunfly hybrids but that is my preference. IMO the sunfly chips make CC chips superfluous in the market.

Can you request different finishes?

I asked about this before and they said a new mold would need to be made for a matte finish rolling edge. Didn't make sense to me but that was out of the question since we already had the new 43mm mold with the smaller label made.

I laughed when they said it was a risk for them to get it made and that it wouldn't be popular. The BW GB participants fronted the money for it and once the minimum order numbers were met, Sun-fly cover the cost of it. The participants got an order credit for their contribution amounts. It's got to be one of the most popular hybrid molds now.

I've considered the glossy edges as well. Tonight, when I get home from my kids baseball game I'm going to take a bit of 0000 steel wool to one and see if I can't dull the edge a bit..

My real question is can I get the 43mm hybrid chips that are glossy on edges and faces?

I've considered the glossy edges as well. Tonight, when I get home from my kids baseball game I'm going to take a bit of 0000 steel wool to one and see if I can't dull the edge a bit..

I remember a post where someone did that. From the pics they posted, it looked good.

My real question is can I get the 43mm hybrid chips that are glossy on edges and faces?
I don't think so but why? The chips would get all scratched looking in a hurry. :confused:
My plaques suffered the same fate. They need polishing from time to time. Same goes for MSK and the likes....shiny surfaces? Uh uh.

I don't think so but why? The chips would get all scratched looking in a hurry. :confused:
My plaques suffered the same fate. They need polishing from time to time. Same goes for MSK and the likes....shiny surfaces? Uh uh.

Yeah not sure about wear factors. Aesthetically I would be most interested in these chips if they were shiny on edges and faces.

The next best option would be to at least have a homogeneous look of matte on faces and edges. Having 2 types of finish on 1 chip is bad news in my book.

The still feel great and are clearly superior quality to CC.

The difference in finish was the first thing I noticed when handling samples. This would make the difference in wanting to order a set.

I wonder if they make the rolling edges glossy to help protect against fading. I haven't did any research on non-glossy rolling edges vs glossy but maybe that's their mindset. In a home setting, it probably wouldn't matter anyway.

Now that I own a set of these, I’ll say that they are fantastic. My group really likes them too. I can’t wait to see what designs and colors people will start to come up with. I for sure will end up in another group buy in the future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom