39mm vs 43mm (2 Viewers)

Part of me is saying to get a couple of Jack 1000's, but at some point in time I have to practice the Vulcan art of Kolinahr.

Not easy to get them Jack 43s either, you'll find most peeps won't let them go...

Not impossible however, and with enough money, entirely possible. Jack $1K Primary get no love and do hit the Classifieds once in a while. Price has remained relatively low and the same for a long while.

Not easy to get them Jack 43s either, you'll find most peeps won't let them go...

Not impossible however, and with enough money, entirely possible. Jack $1K Primary get no love and do hit the Classifieds once in a while. Price has remained relatively low and the same for a long while.

Not hard at all. Chip Exchange still has a shitton of Jack 1000 secondaries at $12.99 each. The primaries are $10 but well used.

Not hard at all. Chip Exchange still has a shitton of Jack 1000 secondaries at $12.99 each. The primaries are $10 but well used.
You are confused man

You ain't getting Jack $1K Secondary for anywhere less than $20 if you are lucky.

Fair enough. TBQH, I'm not a fan of the Jack chips or the Horseshoe chips (They're okay but the inlays look very traditional), but I'm only doing this to get my hands on a 43 IHC and see what the buzz is about.
Yes, those are still sweet ass-chips and IHC goodness. You'd be cheaper to go after oversize AS or SB or BTP though, if it's just feeling you need. Save $$$

EDIT : maybe not BTP, that stuff is outta my league entirely

Found a barrel of AS 25's for $85 a barrel. Now to see if they're uncirculated/mint condition. If so, that should do. That's only about $20 more than I paid for 5 HS Cincinnati $1000s.

(I canceled the order for the HS's.)

I'm not a fan of the Jack chips
HappygoluckyOffensiveGroundbeetle-size_restricted.gif

joking, totally joking

See, what you have to understand is most of my friends, they're not chip collectors. They're not looking for that elusive chip when Paulson was still making leaded chips and couldn't care much about THC vs. RHC vs. IHC. They'd probably be okay with China Clay if they had a good enough design.

most of my friends are metalheads. The Jack chips have the coolest colors and edgespots, I'd totally give a 10 for that, but the inlay is just... it's so one-dimensional. It doesn't convey anything exciting. If like each letter in Jack was a different color (light blue, green, red and orange, for example) that would be light-years better for my friends and I. Even the four suits are just white on black. I'd give the inlays about a 7/10, and that's why I'm not fawning over it. I like it, I'd pick them up for a discounted price but I'm not going to chase expensive chips with that inlay. I would pick it up like I picked up the Aurora Stars to get a feel for 43mm IHC chips. That would make it all worthwhile.

I've played with an all 43mm tourney set with non-chippers and no one noticed the size difference from standard chips.

My personal preference is a 39mm main set with oversized 43mm upper denoms to add that extra special feature to the game. You can tell the size difference if you are using both at the same time and IMHO it is pretty damn cool. This feature was the selling point for me to get a set of Dia de los Muertos chips.

Was thinking of doing this, getting $.25, $1 in 39M and the red $5 in 43mm...I think this would be cool, but is there something I'm not thinking about that would be an issue?

Reactions: 72o
Was thinking of doing this, getting $.25, $1 in 39M and the red $5 in 43mm...I think this would be cool, but is there something I'm not thinking about that would be an issue?
No issues at all...except for the fact that you really can't use them right now. :nailbite: Just make sure to order racks that will fit the oversized chips or look into buying some Matsui clamshell racks that fit both sizes. I use the Matsui racks now especially if I’m leaving the chips stacked while in storage. The set below has oversized fivers and $20 plaques.

2DF644BA-3A7D-4543-9FA2-4C66FAC470CF.jpeg

I think it’s great. The only problem is if you want (now or in the future) $20s or $25s, those have to be at least 43mm too. Or plaques. But yeah, I’m a huge fan of bigger chips being bigger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom