3 no limit hands (1 Viewer)

onerand

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I rarely plan NL but here are some hands.

Hand 1
5-5 NL. Effective stacks 700. 2 limp and I raise to 25 with black jacks on cutoff. Villain calls on button. BB and one limper call.

Villain made a correct calldown after opening 77 on cutoff against button 3 bet on a T554K board when button bet flop, checked turn, bet river. Table was passive and tight. I am a tourist and have been at the table 20 minutes. Villain and I played one hand earlier. He opened in EP, got 3 callers including me in BB. I flopped bottom set on AQT rainbow and after failing to check raise the flop, succeeded on the turn.

Flop is K92 hh. Checked to me. I think this is a bet but I checked. Checked around.

Turn is a black 5. Checked to me. I check (?) villain bets 45 and only I call.

River is another King. I check and villain thinks for a bit and bets 155. I call. Thoughts?

Hand 2
1-3 NL, 300 cap. Effective 300. I open to 15 utg with AKcc. Only BB and straddler call. There was no need to raise more.

Straddler is a weak passive player who sometimes donks flop with weak hands and then folds. BB is very tight and I have not seen him raise in the hour we have been together, pre or post flop, but he has only played a few hands. I have an aggressive image if anyone is paying attention.

Flop is AK8 rainbow. BB checks, straddler donks 15 and I call because he will fold to a raise (we've done this before) and I want to keep him in. BB check raises to 50, straddler folds and I?

I call. Turn is 9s putting 2 spades on board and BB jams right away. I call. Thoughts?

Hand 3
1-2 no limit, 300 cap, effective stacks 300. My second hand at the table after buying button. Villain is a young man in the BB who just rebought after getting stacked. How I don't know. He went to buy chips at the cage near the table.

Bunch of limpers and I limp J4ss on button. I play very loose on the button.

Flop is 874ss. SB bets 5, three callers and I raise to 25. BB and cutoff call.

Turn is a red Jack. Checked to me and I bet 85. BB Thinks for a 10 seconds and jams Hellmuth-style, which is shoving all your chips forward fast in a way that causes some stacks to fall over. Cutoff folds and I call. Turn is only potentially interesting street, I think.

Hand 1, I'd probably have bet the flop, but as played, I agree with calling down.

Hand 2, of villain is really "very tight" this is probably a puke fold on the flop.

Hand 3, call.

Only have time to comment on Hand 1 -- have to call $155 on river, unless you have a read that this player never bluffs. You've underrepped your hand by checking flop & turn, there are some draws that missed, and he might even be trying to get value from pocket 10s or a 9. Once you've checked flop and turn, I like the check on the river as well.

1) I like the flop check, but bet turn for sure. As played, must call river - he will have a K sometimes, but not too often especially given large river sizing.
2) I'm calling flop as mega-rocks can really overvalue something like AQ in spots like this IME. Once he insta-ships turn for almost 2x pot though I can find a fold - he has exactly 88 or AK.
3) Fold pre. No really, fold pre. As played, (y) :thumbsup: postflop.

Agree with Ben on all hands. I think folding the flop in the AK vs. 88 hand is way too conservative, unless you have massive amounts of history with the guy, but I'm fine with a fold on the turn against a very tight player. Although I wouldn't be mad if you called its a tough spot.

Last edited:
Hand 1 fold, he has very weak K or QQ.

Hand 2 fold, he has 88. I say this, but I'm almost never folding there and will just bitch it about when I lose.

Hand 3 fistpump instacall.

Honestly, I like the way you played all 3 hands, notwithstanding the preflop decision of J4ss.

Hand 1: if we thought we were ahead on turn. Call. I think we are. Call

Hand 2: Call, we can't worry about trips. We just need to ship.

Hand 3: LoL Call. Wait for him to table the straight before we fold. Or lolololol to the bank we're good.

I know you called every spot. ;)

Hand 1: if we thought we were ahead on turn. Call. I think we are. Call

Hand 2: Call, we can't worry about trips. We just need to ship.

Hand 3: LoL Call. Wait for him to table the straight before we fold. Or lolololol to the bank we're good.

I know you called every spot. ;)

I think a call is actually suboptimal on hand 1. This is a raise or a fold. I think we were behind on the flop so it's a fold for me, but if you think different a raise might be the play here. The 2nd king isn't going to change anything (it actually gives you a superior 2 pair if villain has anything other than QQ or AA, and I don't think AA is at all likely).

I think a call is actually suboptimal on hand 1. This is a raise or a fold. I think we were behind on the flop so it's a fold for me, but if you think different a raise might be the play here. The 2nd king isn't going to change anything (it actually gives you a superior 2 pair if villain has anything other than QQ or AA, and I don't think AA is at all likely).

He is either bluffing or he has it. He won't call more with a bluff and we lose more if he has it. -EV

He may have a hand like TT that might call and we might get QQ or even a shitty K to lie down.

(Ok, you're prolly right. I'm reaching. Man I'm rusty at NLHE).

Thank you all. I should be paying Bergs for lessons.

Hand 1.
I was certain he did not have a King, so it looked like busted hearts, some other bluff, or a rare turned set. And that's a large river bet and my hand does not lool like much. When I called he said, "I hope you have Jacks." QQ never crossed my mind. I am still baffled if he owned me intentionally or accidentally. I dismissed raising because I could not represent anything and because I did not think he had anything better, with the rare exception of 55. But I like raising with other hands.

Hand 2
Even if the straddler does not donk, I doubt I could or should get away from top 2 in a raised pot with an SPR of 6. That may be a leak. He had 88. I think my hand is the only one he can beat that calls the turn as played. Sometimes I forget that tight players get scared and are just happy to win what's in the middle, but I don't have a fold in me. I did not bink.

Edit: forgot to add that my plan was to shove over turn bet.

Hand 3.
He had T9 and I spiked a 4.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom