2019 Project (4 Viewers)

2019 Project

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the four-color decks... Please take great care in choosing the colors. I’ve bought others where the whole point (having distinct colors for each suit) was defeated because the company did not think this through.

For example: Dark blue/dark purple shades can easily look black in imperfect lighting. Dark orange shades can look red. Greens and blues can merge as well.

I know it sounds elementary. But it seems some other card companies dive into four-color production without choosing four colors carefully, taking value, hue and saturation into consideration... They just pick black, red and two other colors and say, “Wow! We did it!” It seems they have a lack of understanding of color theory.

I am a graphic designer by profession so I am giving this attention, getting people’s opinions on the matter, including yours, which I appreciate.

I have played games with the occasional 4 color deck. The blue has always bothered me so I have gone with a teal-aqua. Please check out the 4 color poll I have up; I welcome feedback between options.

Ok, my apologies for the delay of this 4 color deck and additional Classic Victorians project. The last two months have been busy for me at work so it is less chaotic. In the coming days, there will be another thread on all the details. Thank you for your patience!

Maybe that will be interestng

Faded Spade has a four color deck (poker size)

For those that have not used them my crew is very traditional and doesn’t like change, one player has said he would leave if we did shuffle behind again, however they all seem to really like the four color decks. One player also claimed that I owed him a thousand because that’s what it’s cost him over the years of not playing with them.
I bought poker 2.0 FS they have pros and cons but overall it’s refreshing to see different styles

Sorry I am getting all of my ducks in a row before posting pre-order links, colors, decks, everything that you need to know. :)

It hasn’t helped that work has been crazy busy over the last two months, but I am very close to giving everyone all the details. My apologies for the delay.

Sorry I am getting all of my ducks in a row before posting pre-order links, colors, decks, everything that you need to know. :)

It hasn’t helped that work has been crazy busy over the last two months, but I am very close to giving everyone all the details. My apologies for the delay.
All good - we appreciate the effort and can't wait to see the fruits of your labour!

How dare you do cool projects that the rest of us reap the benefits from....

Ok, for the 4-color decks, I am planning out my ordering links to offer 1-10 sets. I hope that will give a good spread of quantity ranges for those wanting to order. Let me know if more options should be made available. I should have details for everyone tomorrow. These will be produced by Amass, who did the Classic Baroque sets.

The faces will be with the aqua diamonds and circle backs will be in the Gargoyle (gray) and Hydra (aqua) colors.

As for the Classic Victorians, I am still working out details.

so these will be in bridge size with jumbo index?
or bridge blackjack (medium index?) as the poll suggests?

Looking forward to pics

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom