1000 chip birdcage (1 Viewer)

MikesDad

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation for a 1000 chip birdcage?
I know Apache has them, but they come with 10 racks that I don't really need

Any experience with PGI birdcages or any of the many vendors on eBay?

thank
Dennis

I've ordered several from eBay (~$50 shipped or ~$55 shipped w/racks). Had a couple arrive with broken shells (one minor and one major), but they always replaced immediately and never required sending the broken ones back.

I bought the Brybelly ones on Amazon. It was around $100 for 2x shipped, with racks. No complaints so far, though they haven't been through any heavy usage.

I got the Brybelly racks, two attached racks with lid that stores 200 chips, and I'm so happy I did.

The birdcage looks great, but the racks are MUCH more practical. I don't need to unpack my tourney set if I need access to my micro stake cash set, don't need to carry 1000 chips around the room etc. I have 200 X 25c, 200 X $1 etc. It works great.

If I was traveling, birdcage may make more sense but for your poker room exclusively, I would go with racks.

I've ordered several from eBay (~$50 shipped or ~$55 shipped w/racks). Had a couple arrive with broken shells (one minor and one major), but they always replaced immediately and never required sending the broken ones back.

Which vendors on eBay did you use? or do they all sell the same birdcages?

I've used 5stardeal and Trademark. Same chip carriers; i just go for the current cheapest shipped price.

I'm looking into getting one of these. They both (Trademark, Brybelly) seem fine structurally, but some of the reviews were complaining about the racks being irregular sized - slightly too big for a barrel, if I recall. Anyone have experience here? Specifically, for Paulson SCV chips (of course).

racks will be chinese cheapos, but not a bad price if you can use them for non-Paulson chips.

Bought two from 5StarDeals... no racks.. $47.xx each IIRC
Not thrilled with the shipping...each birdcage in its own box with some styrofoam, but then those boxes just thrown into a bigger box with no padding at all.
No apparent damage done, but easy to see the potential

Yep, only takes one semi-solid kick to bust out a side panel. :(

I picked up a couple from PGI because they offered custom etching. They came out great and have held up over long car trips and a couple of years.

You can see the case in the upper right of the image.
IMG_0379.JPG

The really old taller ones. I haven't seen any 3-screw units in a long time.

I add a third screw only if i plan on using it to transport chips outside the house.

I've only ever seen birdcages with 2 screws in the bottom.. which model has 3?

Yepp. Like Dave said. Here's a picture. You can recognize it easily. The middle wall is wide. I have four of these.
Only currently two of them are empty :(

1223391233-chipscarrier_Originale_2.jpg

On the road un
@dennis63 are your chip carriers the 3 screw model with the wide center divider. The one in the pick on your site appears to be a wide divider.

Thanks

On the road until this evening, but I will check when I get back.

Update: My supplier sends the birdcages with two screws on the bottom, which we offer for $49.95. These are running at about $53 to $55 elsewhere. (I've actually never had cause to turn one over.)

I can't say how many screws (2 or 3) the branded cages have -- Trademark or Brybelly. (Trademark's appear identical.)

Last edited:
This is a Public Service Announcement on Birdcages:
I had some big problems with quality defects on the 5stardeals carriers (screws not recessed adequately), causing damage to a nice wood unit from one cage. 5star was a total pain to deal with; however, I finally got a replacement sent out. The replacement was damaged during shipping (not their fault), but again their customer service was atrocious. I would strongly recommend folks NOT buy from them. As an alternative, I reached out to vegassupplystore on eBay regarding some of their birdcages. They appear to have a good product and have agreed to price match 5star (their main eBay listing was updated within one hour of my email request). So, I bought 4 additional units from vegassupplystore, and will update on the quality of the units once I receive them. Pricing is now the lowest I've found, with free shipping. Stay tuned for my findings on the product quality.

42.99 from vegassupplystore
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201604027945

This has been a Public Service Announcement on Birdcages. We now return you to your regularly scheduled chip degeneracy.

Last edited:
Due to a recently acquired map chest, I have quite a few birdcages that I would be willing to part with at a discount over eBay or online retailers. I have a number of different styles.
Color me interested as well.

The vegassupplystore birdcages arrived. They are almost 1cm wider than the 5stars, and the side reinforcement goes higher on each side. Both good features. The handle is a little thinner, but both have 2 screws in the bases Time will tell on wear and durability. I'm pleased with the purchase, and would say these get the green light.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So much spare room in those last 2 cages. I demand that they be filled entirely or shipped directly to me. :whistle: :whistling:

This is a Public Service Announcement on Birdcages:
I had some big problems with quality defects on the 5stardeals carriers (screws not recessed adequately), causing damage to a nice wood unit from one cage. 5star was a total pain to deal with; however, I finally got a replacement sent out. The replacement was damaged during shipping (not their fault), but again their customer service was atrocious. I would strongly recommend folks NOT buy from them. As an alternative, I reached out to vegassupplystore on eBay regarding some of their birdcages. They appear to have a good product and have agreed to price match 5star (their main eBay listing was updated within one hour of my email request). So, I bought 4 additional units from vegassupplystore, and will update on the quality of the units once I receive them. Pricing is now the lowest I've found, with free shipping. Stay tuned for my findings on the product quality.

42.99 from vegassupplystore
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201604027945

This has been a Public Service Announcement on Birdcages. We now return you to your regularly scheduled chip degeneracy.

Looks like vegassupplystore no longer has these for sale. :(
5stardeals still has them listed, but I'd rather not go there based on this post.

Anyone know what the best/current "go to" 1,000 chip birdcage option is?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom