Versa Birdcage (Clear) Review Vs Others (2 Viewers)

UniLover

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to PCF, chip collection grew out of the 600 chip birdcage (Yuanhe or YH brand on Amazon), then also the 1000 chip birdcage (also YH brand on Amazon). While looking for a third birdcage on Amazon, the photos show clear difference from the two I already have despite them all being from the same brand. And even the two that I have have small differences (purchases a couple years apart I suppose my own fault).

The OCD in me did not allow for three different birdcages so I gave them away and purchased a Versa brand one that advertises as better built with 20% thicker material and “their own spec.” Of course I was skeptical at first but after its arrival, it is better built and just overall more refined. I personally think it is worth the extra money but you be your own judge.

The YH brand 1000 and 600 chip birdcage together. Note the slight difference in handles (corner and bevel). Also the racks don’t quite fit my CPC or Paulsons as there is a slight gap at the bottom.
0D2B5825-5CC9-4F5F-8CFC-41997C94CA9F.jpeg

YH 600 handle
7F9DEA1E-06E1-4A12-AF41-D66FACE467E3.jpeg

YH 1000 handle, more rounded, and slightly different shaped hole.
C09EFBFC-E20B-4C42-8401-BD0BAF8AB445.jpeg

Both YH birdcages acrylic just under 5mm thick, note the straight edges as well. The second photo shows the rough cut of the black corner piece.
A237CA97-C291-4275-9334-1D1D163D2132.jpeg

2ED4F39F-C9A7-4219-B01A-8FBF1DD4E2E8.jpeg

YH birdcages bottom, slight play when the clear top is put on.
9FE66966-DB63-44C6-9309-D7BBE81F81EA.jpeg

Versa birdcage thickness greater than 5mm with beveled edges and the corner piece is more refined. Note the shiny bottom piece, and very secure engagement with the top and bottom, zero play.
8E1AFDA5-A875-4755-B84F-F7A65FAE0F69.jpeg

Versa birdcage with three screws whereas YH brand each utilizes two screws.
80064B39-9CF0-489B-81EE-3E6588FCD719.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. Looks like a new product since I don't see any other Amazon reviews yet. Does it fit larger racks, like 43mm or matsui?

Thanks for the review. Looks like a new product since I don't see any other Amazon reviews yet. Does it fit larger racks, like 43mm or matsui?
I have the 43mm "china chip rack" from group buy with covers incoming, will post an update. I assume probably 8 racks to a 1000-chip birdcage. Versa only has the 1000-chip version btw.

Probably no review because the cage by itself without racks is almost $90 whereas you can find the YH brand or DaVinci brand for about $10 less WITH racks.

true, but the slightly higher price may be justified if you feel it's sturdier and higher quality. For example, the banksupplies chip carrier costs $180+

true, but the slightly higher price may be justified if you feel it's sturdier and higher quality. For example, the banksupplies chip carrier costs $180+
I certainly feel that it's worth the price difference for sure especially since the racks that come with the YH brand don't quite fit even the CPC/Paulson 39mm chips. Since there's no review on Amazon, I thought it would be worth my time to post my review here. A lot of us spend thousands of dollars on chips, what's the difference of $20-$30 for a better built and more sturdy chip carrier?

The BankSupplies chip carrier appears to superior to Versa but the price difference is even bigger.

I have the 43mm "china chip rack" from group buy with covers incoming, will post an update. I assume probably 8 racks to a 1000-chip birdcage. Versa only has the 1000-chip version btw.

Probably no review because the cage by itself without racks is almost $90 whereas you can find the YH brand or DaVinci brand for about $10 less WITH racks.
Any update if the bigger chip racks with the lids will fit in the versa cage? I was looking to pick up some of the apache racks and would love to pick this up with them.

Just got the Versa cage, love the solid build quality. I did notice that my chips had an odd smell (almost like cigarette smoke in a non-smoking HH) when I took them out of the cage, so it may be wise to let the cage air out/off gas for a while before storing any chips in it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom