• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine “Ultimate” poker chip set at Costco (1 Viewer)

Definitely speed hole.
1605205344513.gif

Those are BJs, telltale signs are the lack of inner-ring, small square spots, and particular inner-ring design. I think you can request weighted or unweighted with BJs, BGs, and Gemacos from GPI, but I wouldn't know.
Amendment, after getting my hands on some (thanks @mtl mile end) I can confirm these are not BJs, telltale signs are the inner-ring being a different kind of plastic and the recess having a small divot in the center, which BJ v7s don't normally have. Also, the special edition chips aren't BJs either, but they're even worse than the normal chips. Colors are off, the label placement is off-center, and there are speed holes under the inlay.

Has anyone opened the cards yet? I may have missed it in the thread but there was thought that the packaging looked like they could be private label prestiges. Would definitely add more value if the cards are good as well.

Has anyone opened the cards yet? I may have missed it in the thread but there was thought that the packaging looked like they could be private label prestiges. Would definitely add more value if the cards are good as well.
They are similar but not as good as Prestige. Not terrible but they are not Prestige. The card box itself feels more flimsy and the cards are plastic but not high quality plastic cards. There is no information on the manufacturer anywhere that I could find.

So, basically this is just a 45$ 500ct versa case and some stuff inside?

I bought the set at Costco today. I take back what I said about the case looking identical to the Versa. At first glance, the handles look the same, but are not.
While the Costco case seems sturdy, the handle hardware is a bit thinner than the Versa. It may hold up just as well, but there is a little less plastic in the handle and the brackets that secure it to the case.
The inside tray is a fairly thin plastic, that gets its structure from being secured in the enclosure.

I bought the set at Costco today. I take back what I said about the case looking identical to the Versa. At first glance, the handles look the same, but are not.
While the Costco case seems sturdy, the handle hardware is a bit thinner than the Versa. It may hold up just as well, but there is a little less plastic in the handle and the brackets that secure it to the case.
The inside tray is a fairly thin plastic, that gets its structure from being secured in the enclosure.
The big question - Will the case hold 43mm chips?

We are the producer of this item. We used a 0.75mm thick PVC for the tray, which is almost double the common thickness used for plastic trays (0.4mm) in most poker cases made in China. It held up very well in all our durability and abuse tests even with the over-weighted 13.5g chips. With normal product use, it should be just fine.

They are similar but not as good as Prestige. Not terrible but they are not Prestige. The card box itself feels more flimsy and the cards are plastic but not high quality plastic cards. There is no information on the manufacturer anywhere that I could find.
I'm curious to know - in what way do you judge these as inferior to the Prestige cards? Don't take this negatively or as a challenge, we just want to make our products better so this type of feedback is very helpful. Any suggestions on what type of features should be improved would be greatly appreciated.

Plastic like super thin (i.e. cookie tray) ?
i posted this earlier but will say again in case you don't see that message; we used a 0.75mm thick PVC for the chip tray, which is almost double what most producers use for similar (0.4mm). We did this to reduce the risk for any tearing or deformation during transit (as the product is shipped with the chips loaded inside and can undergo some 'trauma' during the overseas freight), especially as the set includes the heavy 13.5g chips.

supplier in china. I see this chip design all over alibabba
This was a new design developed for this project (we made 20 sets of new molds for this), so this exact chip should not be all over alibaba. The designs and molds belong to us, and we do not market our products on that website. But of course there could be other chips on there that have some similarities, as of course it has various design features that are common on chip designs.

Last edited:
I believe that the holes are there because of the injection molding process. First they make the metal slug on a metal stamping machine. Then the metal slug gets put into a plastic injection mold, and the orange layer gets molded around it. Then the metal-and-orange-plastic slug is put into a second plastic injection mold, and the red layer is molded around that, producing the final blank chip. The blank gets the "inlay" sticker stuck to it on both sides and the chip is done.

The holes in the slugs are there to correctly position each slug within the subsequent plastic molds, so that nothing is misaligned or offcenter - this is called "registration". The holes fit over pins in the mold.

I haven't actually seen this done in person, so someone who has might correct me if I'm wrong.
basically spot on!

I'm curious to know - in what way do you judge these as inferior to the Prestige cards? Don't take this negatively or as a challenge, we just want to make our products better so this type of feedback is very helpful. Any suggestions on what type of features should be improved would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your responses. Glad to see that you are a vendor here and participating with us. I have a deck of Prestige and they are firmer feeling (some do not prefer it), the Prestige box feels more solid and the box top is easier to remove and put on. Some may prefer your cards to Prestige, I was comparing them directly since they looked similar to see if the were actually Prestige yet when I compared them the subtle differences all favored Prestige for me. I will say that of all of the big box “poker sets” that include a case, chips, and cards, these are the best I have seen so that is great. I would also recommend that there is no need to include the small blind and big blind buttons. Welcome to the forum and I hope you will work with the community to continue to develop more products.

Thanks for your responses. Glad to see that you are a vendor here and participating with us. I have a deck of Prestige and they are firmer feeling (some do not prefer it), the Prestige box feels more solid and the box top is easier to remove and put on. Some may prefer your cards to Prestige, I was comparing them directly since they looked similar to see if the were actually Prestige yet when I compared them the subtle differences all favored Prestige for me. I will say that of all of the big box “poker sets” that include a case, chips, and cards, these are the best I have seen so that is great. I would also recommend that there is no need to include the small blind and big blind buttons. Welcome to the forum and I hope you will work with the community to continue to develop more products.
Thanks for the feedback. We'll definitely take a look at the storage box relative to the prestige one to see if we can improve it further. For the cards themselves we'll continue to collect feedback to gauge what the overall impressions are. Of course you can't please everybody - but we want to cover as many as possible!

Last edited:
I hope not - that's on our dime!! :(

But from what we've been told, they're sold out at most of the Costco warehouses.
Congrats on the sales! Nice to see a vendor interacting here with explanations and questions on how to make things better.

With Costco being as big as it is , I’m super curious to know how big their order was and how overwhelming it must’ve been.

Congrats on the sales! Nice to see a vendor interacting here with explanations and questions on how to make things better.

With Costco being as big as it is , I’m super curious to know how big their order was and how overwhelming it must’ve been.
We can't really say exact details, but generally speaking for any toy/game Costco does they typically put in 1 pallet in each of their clubs. Each pallet had 56 units of the poker set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom