Zombie layover in Vegas: 2019 (1 Viewer)

1569940481043.png

What the fuck is "equatic"???? a pool for horses? Is that even a word? How many proof readers had to approve that sign before it was made let alone hung up

Last edited:
The Layover, Day 3

Once again we start our morning with a fast moving game of pickleball. This is extremely taxing on our old bodies, as neither one of us has recovered from our stunning upset yesterday. It turns out that when you lack real talent, you can make up the difference with Maximum Effort.
1570040932034.png

Postgame, we head off to lunch. No place close mind you, and were walking there. My body hates me right now, but I keep telling it that once we finish this walk, I will happily numb it with alcohol.

I usually wash my hands before I eat, but Mrs Zombie went with a full body wash and grooming, cat style...
1570041193794.png

The promised alcohol. Along with a massive load of housemade sourdough bread, two bowls of pasta and an appetizer. Way too much food, but Vegas is where you overdo everything. Besides, we've burned a ton of calories, we deserve this.
2019-10-01 11.32.46.jpg

2019-10-01 11.36.30.jpg

2019-10-01 11.47.56.jpg

2019-10-01 11.48.02.jpg

Esther's Kitchen. A little over a mile from downtown. We had this place on the radar, then scrubbed it for Carson Kitchen, which we visited once before. However, when we were at Flock and Fowl a couple days ago, the bourbon drinking bartender heavily recommended this place. A local's opinion, that works for James Beard worthy restaurant? Esther's was back on the list. The dishes were a slam dunk. I photographed the menu, so I could replicate some of these dishes later. It also meant we could conveniently stop by this place on the walk back...
2019-10-01 12.56.49.jpg

Eight 43mm racks and 3 chip tubes later we head back out. Little did we know that these 43mm racks were going to solve a problem for us tomorrow... But that's a different post...

With the running "poop" gag, I couldn't ignore this guy when we got to the Golden Nugget for some cards...
2019-10-01 14.39.58.jpg

My cards were absolute poop. Terrible. No pairs, no aces, just garbage. Never won a single hand. I'm leaving all my Poker run-bad in Vegas.
2019-10-01 15.00.15.jpg

I wasn't the only one with run-bad. A couple of Rascals involved in a head-on wreck in the porte-cochere.
2019-10-01 16.04.19.jpg

Only in Vegas.

Although the poker gods hated me, the harvesting gods smiled upon me. Not mint, but the lady at the counter was confused by the request to get chips. Even more confused that I would care about the condition. I finally had to tell her "clean chips". She gave me all the racks she had (1) then checked with the other cashiers "Do you have any blue?" Apparently cashiers need something to differentiate one dollar bills from $1 chips. Managed to get out of there with 2 racks.
2019-10-01 16.09.18.jpg

We then strolled down to the often talked about "Container Park". I was not impressed, but it killed 15 minutes for free, so there's that. There's also a giant metal praying mantis. That must be why Vegas has no giant metal aphids.
2019-10-01 17.55.47.jpg

Being south of Fremont, we had to stop by the old-school El Cortez. Worst craps dealer ever, it was his very first day. He was getting bitched out constantly, and it was a little uncomfortable, but we learned a little about playing craps.

We also couldn't leave, because when I started to roll, I went on a 40 minute heater.
2019-10-01 18.23.09.jpg

Unfortunately, I made a faux paus (pulled down my own 9 bet), and the boxman ripped me a new ass like I was his employee. 2 rolls later I crapped out, colored up and left. I'll be happy with my profit, and head to Siegel's 1941 steakhouse.

This was a miss.
Steaks were sub-par. Taste was ok, but they were tough for filets. Potatoes were dry (ok with gravy though) and the veggies were inconsistent.

Photos later, plane is about to take off...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom