SOLD YSABEL Sample Sets $20 shipped CONUS (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC Poker

Straight
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Hello All, While I decide on which of my sets I need to sell to replenish my sock drawer funds from the IG Chiproom sale, I will leave this post up... Title says it all.

I will sell up to 96 Sample Sets at $25 $20 a set shipped CONUS. I will sell these in Barrel quanties aside from the first barrel, @Bill_Man618 @mnebesny @Ocharacato @asam2006 who have laid claim plus the few Im sending to people who helped me. I will keep this add running for one week. Once the week is up I will mail out and sell the remaining barrels. I will hold the right to not break up barrels past the first barrel for clarification. I will not break a barrel for 1 sample, but most likely will if its past the half way point. I checked with the Post office and they told me to plan for 5 bucks per sample worst case scenrio. Ive never shipped samples in a none small flat rate box with other chips so I price high to be safe.

Chips will be put into pocket protectors and taped back to back and shipped in a padded envelope. Please dont send me PMs till Ive sent out PMs next week for ease.

1654475468785.jpeg

Last edited:
Is this OK to do on PCF? I didn’t think we were allowed to sell racks as sample sets in such large quantities (?) - correct me if I’m wrong. GLWS.

Is this OK to do on PCF? I didn’t think we were allowed to sell racks as sample sets in such large quantities (?) - correct me if I’m wrong. GLWS.
I mean I hope you’re wrong lol. I can’t imagine that it’s strictly against the site rules, but maybe it is against the “rules” of the community kinda like the dibs system. But I personally have no issue with it. Jim does this every single sale.

I mean I hope you’re wrong lol. I can’t imagine that it’s strictly against the site rules, but maybe it is against the “rules” of the community kinda like the dibs system. But I personally have no issue with it. Jim does this every single sale.
I could also be mistaken as well so don’t take this as anything more than speculation

A while back I bough a barrel of Aria 20s from a member who had a rack for sale (the real ones, not the cards mold) and split them up to resell to members as samples. I didn't get any hate for this, mostly did it because I wanted one but didn't need the other 19. Although FWIW I resold immediately at cost, so there was no time for market prices to go up to net me a profit, regardless of whether or not that was my intention

Are you confusing this with selling spots for raffles, in order to sell a large set. (i.e. buy a raffle ticket/spot for $25). Yes, raffles were banned. But I don't recall ever seeing anything against the rules or wrong about breaking up racks to put together sample sets in large quantities. Especially for chips like Santa Ysabel, which were only sold only in full-rack quantities from the original sale IIRC.

The community here (and over at the Chip Board, where there are singles collectors that sometimes frown at rack collectors hoarding up single chips) probably fully welcome people breaking up their racks into sample sets. (The separate question... that's the sellers risk/reward.. the seller is taking the risk of breaking up his racks...market pricing and such... he may end up with 0 chips left in each rack or 47 chips left or 83 chips left in each rack.)

Are you confusing this with selling spots for raffles, in order to sell a large set. (i.e. buy a raffle ticket/spot for $25). Yes, raffles were banned. But I don't recall ever seeing anything against the rules or wrong about breaking up racks to put together sample sets in large quantities. Especially for chips like Santa Ysabel, which were only sold only in full-rack quantities from the original sale IIRC.

The community here (and over at the Chip Board, where there are singles collectors that sometimes frown at rack collectors hoarding up single chips) probably fully welcome people breaking up their racks into sample sets. (The separate question... that's the sellers risk/reward.. the seller is taking the risk of breaking up his racks...market pricing and such... he may end up with 0 chips left in each rack or 47 chips left or 83 chips left in each rack.)
I mean, let's face it, any one who sells samples here technically makes it slightly harder for someone to get a rack, I don't see the difference between regular samples and this, though.

If this is wrong I will retract and sell em with the set if I opt to, I did purchase extra from a few members in the sale to bring to samples to those who missed out on the sale, and am sending them samples free... I dont think 96 samples will sell, Im just capping it at that as to not break up more then the 4 racks I set aside for this purpose. I mean, most samples being sold here started with full racks (id assume, expect maybe customs, but even then they are ordered in numbers for this exact purpose and are just being traded around? I have NO ISSUE not doing this, I pay myself much more for my businesses I run than what I will make spending time prepping these, filling out envelopes and shipping em. Maybe we need an admin to send me a PM @Tommy

I did have a conversation with Power that be and was told this sale doesn't violate anything... I will also go to the post office Wednesday to check on pricing ect... I am really not trying to make a flip here, just want to make sure all my costs are covered ect ect... Price may come down a few bucks for everyone once I do know what this will all cost. This said I priced em at what I thought was fair for the masses, and for what small sets tend to go for shipped.

Maybe I should have put a disclaimer on a min needed to break up the racks, lol, too late now, bumpity bump

Early week Bump, Ill cut this off Thursday and get these out thisFriday, Leftovers will be sold in barrels with @HebbNH Having first Dibs Priority on what he wants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom