Your Top SNES games? (2 Viewers)

Legend5555

Full House
Reaction score
Recently IGN had a SNES vs. Genesis showdown to determine the favorite video games of people for those two systems. They used a one v one comparison algorithm to determine the results. So you could be there for hours ranking the games. I thought the results were a little surprising, but wasn't surprised to see the SNES take 8 of the top 10 (I thought they would have gotten all of them honestly).

What are you top 5-10 SNES games?

1. Link to the Past
2. Super Metroid
3. Chrono Trigger
4. Final Fantasy 6
5. Final Fantasy 4
6. Mega Man X
7. Mario RPG
8. Secret of Mana
9. Super Mario World
10. Kirby's Dream Course

It's hard. Which is why I think it's a cool topic. So many great games not on my list. Actraiser, Super Star Wars Trilogy, TMNT Turtles in Time, DK Country, Star Fox, Street Fighter 2, Mario Kart. All outstanding games I'd always be willing to play.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Mega Man X
Tecmo Super Bowl III: Final Edition
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong’s Quest
NBA Jam
Sim City
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time

I'm ashamed to admit that i never really played the SNES. I had the genesis, up until the N64 came out.

I blame my parents

1. A Link to the past
5. Mario Cart, Super Mario World, NHL 94, and.....oh, did I mention A Link to the Past?

1. A Link to the past
5. Mario Cart, Super Mario World, NHL 94, and.....oh, did I mention A Link to the Past?
While I didn't denote it on mine, LttP and Super Metroid are far ahead of the rest of my list. LttP is still the best Zelda IMO, even with Breath of the Wild and Ocarina being as good as they are.

same, I loved the Genesis though.

I played a ton of NHL and then Madden.
NHL was epic.

While I didn't denote it on mine, LttP and Super Metroid are far ahead of the rest of my list. LttP is still the best Zelda IMO, even with Breath of the Wild and Ocarina being as good as they are.
Now I've not played Link to the Past but surely it can't be as good as Ocarina. I still rate that as the greatest game of all time. It was groundbreaking when it came out.

NHL was epic.

Now I've not played Link to the Past but surely it can't be as good as Ocarina. I still rate that as the greatest game of all time. It was groundbreaking when it came out.
I stand by what I said! ;)

But it's like comparing a $1000000 to $1000100. I'm happy with both, one is just a bit better.

I do too. As @BarrieJ3 said, child abuse!
I was also like 4 or 5. Noone in my family had a clue about video games. I always think maybe it'd be worth it to go back and check these out or replay them, but I think the nostalgia is often better than the replay value.
Lol ToeJam and Earl was great.
If an adult walked in, I remember they'd make me turn of TJ&E and play Echo the Dolphin instead. :mad:

Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
Street Fighter II
Super Mario Kart
DK Country
Earthworm Jim
DBZ Super Butoden 2
NBA Jam Extreme TE
Flashback
Super Punch Out !!

Still playing with these oldies :)

I was also like 4 or 5. Noone in my family had a clue about video games. I always think maybe it'd be worth it to go back and check these out or replay them, but I think the nostalgia is often better than the replay value.

If an adult walked in, I remember they'd make me turn of TJ&E and play Echo the Dolphin instead. :mad:
I was 10 when the SNES came out. Formative video game years! I've replayed LttP, Mario World, Metroid, Super Punch Out, and Super Castlevania IV recently on the Switch. They have several classic games for free if you pay the $20 annual subscription. All pillars of game design and still hold up IMO.

I'm also playing through Chrono Trigger again on my phone on an emulator.

NHL was epic.

Both were goundbreaking, but you have to normalize against the platform. But even so, I actually have Ocarina slightly ahead of LttP.

I was 10 when the SNES came out. Formative video game years! I've replayed LttP, Mario World, Metroid, Super Punch Out, and Super Castlevania IV recently on the Switch. They have several classic games for free if you pay the $20 annual subscription. All pillars of game design and still hold up IMO.

I'm also playing through Chrono Trigger again on my phone on an emulator.
I think I pay that so I'll check it out. I don't think the Switch made it over here during the move unless it's hiding in a drawer, so maybe the boy will get one for Christmas.

May as well ask me my favorite Commodore 64 games. I remember a couple of them, maybe one or two more than that.

F Zero and was there a Donkey Kong game?

May as well ask me my favorite Commodore 64 games. I remember a couple of them, maybe one or two more than that.

F Zero and was there a Donkey Kong game?
Obviously you aren't the target audience for this question then. ;)

1. Super Metroid
2. A Link to the Past
3. Secret of Mana
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Super Mario World
6. Mega Man X
7. Super Mario RPG
8. Star Fox
9. Super Mario Kart
10. DKC2: Diddy Kong’s Quest

Honorable mentions: Bubsy, True Lies, FF III, Judge Dredd, Spider-Man: Maximum Carnage

Man, there were so many great games on the SNES that it was hard to compile a top 10. For my last one I had a tough one slotting in a pick, but ultimately went with DKC2 because it did what DKC did, only 10 times better.

Both were goundbreaking, but you have to normalize against the platform. But even so, I actually have Ocarina slightly ahead of LttP.

NHL was epic.

I actually preferred Majora’s Mask over OoT o_O

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom