Your next vacation spot (1 Viewer)

davin

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Covid19 killed a lot of vacations where’s your first go to place when the stay at home order is lifted.

16531848-C45A-495C-B015-0D71F693E5BD.jpeg

Mine will be North Idaho. I’m at peace there in the woods.

if I could afford it, it would be a week in Kauai. Love that island so much.

I chose 9 as my number. And it came out 9. Stay home it is...

Oh...I get it.

Mine will be North Idaho. I’m at peace there in the woods.

if I could afford it, it would be a week in Kauai. Love that island so much.

I chose 9 as my number. And it came out 9. Stay home it is...

Oh...I get it.
I dream of the day I can go back to Kauai. Have you ever had a sausage at Porky's?

Well after the math it says home sweet home!
20170315_113643.jpg

20170315_112454.jpg

20160902_194027.jpg

20160902_194040.jpg

And I am truly ok with that! I like it here anyways!! 6.5 acres with a river rolling through the back! People ask all the time how I can stand an 1.5 - 2 hour commute to DC... well come and see what I call home and you will understand... I would much rather spend more time driving to where I want to be than settling for somewhere I'm not happy!

As far as our first real vacation... it will be to our timeshare in Myrtle Beach sometime later this year!

"Stay Home" has been the result for me too; very true, since all I want right now is to head to my 1895 village home and inaugurate the Pesta Horseshoes, with some friends, over ice-cold tsipouro. :)

Singapore, India, California, Toronto, in that order. I'm gonna make this happen!

I am supposed to be sailing around the USVI on a boy scout sea base trip this summer, helping crew the boat with my son. Doubt it happens.

In case it isn’t obvious - the math will always come out to “9. Stay home.”

Still interested in vacation ideas for whenever it’s safe to travel again.

Six day vacation starts Monday morning, small cabin for two in Hocking Hills. Same one we stayed in last year... middle of nowhere, no one within screaming distance, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, no cell service without walking 50 yards up to the dirt road. So looking forward to it.

Six day vacation starts Monday morning, small cabin for two in Hocking Hills. Same one we stayed in last year... middle of nowhere, no one within screaming distance, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, no cell service without walking 50 yards up to the dirt road. So looking forward to it.
That sounds really awesome right about now Fink. Enjoy your vacation.

Saratoga here I come
Way back where I started from.
Unless I head to Austria to see the Koala Bears and crocodile Dundee.

It is very likely. We were there 10 days and went everywhere on the island.
I've been twice. Once with family and the other honeymooning. The two experiences were vastly different. Stayed along the Napali coast the first time with family and stayed in Lihue close to the airport honeymooning.

Porky's truck is alongside the road right before climbing the mountain to get to Waimea Canyon. For anyone that's never been and gets to Kauai eventually, start the day with breakfast, drive to Waimea Canyon for the morning, get lunch at Porky's and get the #1. Go just down the road for shaved ice just for dessert and sit outside and catch the mid afternoon breeze coming in.

Why would that be? On a cruise two years ago, we met an Aussie schoolteacher who had retired to Bali, and he loves it.
Some areas are quite nice. I do like Ubud for example and I've been to Bali twice so far.

But I like to go there in between big trips, when I need a holiday that's close by. It is to Aussies, what Benidorm or Lanzarote is to Brits.

The beaches around Kuta and Seminyak are brown and you can see rubbish floating around the waves. It's filthy. You have to be careful of pickpockets, it's worse than anywhere I've experienced, and you also have to be wary of being sold dog meat disguised as chicken. Oh and you will probably get a fun bout of Bali belly when you visit too.

It's not even reasonably priced anymore because of the Aussie tourists. The better value and much nicer (and cleaner) location is Thailand.

Its marketed as some kind of island paradise to Americans, so I feel obligated to save you all the cost and pain of a disappointing and overpriced holiday. If you want paradise, go to the Maldives lol.

I've already booked my Jamaica trip for February, just prior to the SHTF - but now I see this fear-mongering farce for what it is. I can't wait to go.

Last edited:
I've already booked my Jamaica trip for February, just prior to the SHTF - but now I see this fear-mongering farce for what it is. I can't wait to go.
I’d love to visit Jamaica too

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom