Your Beer of Choice? (5 Viewers)

This is is my favorite beer as well

This is my beer of choice... I don't know if it's my favorite (although it's definitely among them!) since some beers I love are either just seasonal, or one-offs, or impossible to get which make them impossible to call 'of choice'... The THA is local but can be found pretty much anywhere... Great balance of hop/malt imo... Not supper heavy so I can drink a bunch... Just a GREAT beer imo...

mq2tqUm.jpg

In my fridge now:

Founder's Centennial IPA
Cigar City Jai Alai IPA
Cigar City Tocobaga Red Ale
Big Storm Wavemaker Amber Ale

I generally prefer the amber and red ales for every day drinking.

Acceptable, though the lack of Maduro is a little disturbing. :)

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Since I started keto (low-carb eating), I've had to curtail my beer drinking a bit. However, I cannot give it up entirely, so I have one or two cheat days each month to keep me sane. I'm all over the map as far as styles go. Some of my favorites include:

Maduro Brown Ale (Cigar City Brewing)
Vitus (Weihenstephaner)
Hopsecutioner (Terrapin)
Little Sumpin Sumpin (Lagunitas)
La Fin Du Monde (Unibroue)
Golden Monkey (Victory)
Three Philosophers (Ommegang)
India Brown Ale (Dogfish Head)
Blithering Idiot (Weyerbacher)

This list is FAR from inclusive. Frankly, put a good dubbel, quad, or anything from CCB, Terrapin, or Lagunitas in my glass and I'm a happy man.

Last edited:
Lots of info , t[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]hanks guys will try to taste some , if they have a chance to test this Alhambra[/FONT]Alhambra.jpg[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif] best craft [/FONT]beer in my country

Start with mildly hoppy ambers and reds, then work your way up. Harpoon IPA is a nice entry level IPA.

I'm not a big IPA guy either. Love stouts. Sweet Baby Jesus by DuClaw Brewing Company is my latest fix...they sell it in Mason Jars at the Baltimore Horseshoe. Yummy!

Tonight I'll have one of these:
IMG_3396.jpg

and 1 of these and call it a night

hop-slam-beer.jpg

So I like citrus tones in my IPAs. Therefore it should be no surprise that I find this one outstanding

Pour it in a glass and it almost smells like candy. Nice grapefruit flavor up front with your bitter IPA finish. Delicious and refreshing.

There are so many to choose from and so many different types that are tasty.

Guiness, Murphy's, Green Flash IPA, Delerium, Great White, Chimay, Stella, Negro Modelo, Killian red, Kilkheny, Sam Adams, Monkey knife fight, Alleghash, Hoegarden, Bud.

So I like citrus tones in my IPAs. Therefore it should be no surprise that I find this one outstanding

Pour it in a glass and it almost smells like candy. Nice grapefruit flavor up front with your bitter IPA finish. Delicious and refreshing.

Brought a few cases of the regular Sculpin from GA to MI... I guess I should have tried to find some of the grapefruit juice as well... #Fail

I have a hard time picking a favorite, but Ale Asylum's Sticky McDoogle scotch ale is near the top of the list.
This. It's been my favorite since sampling it at links house during last years MTTD. Ale Asylum needs to cut out the seasonal-only-available-in-house bullshit and get to bottling already.

Treehouse, Maine Brewing Company, and The Alchemist make some amazing citrus IPAs - think Grapefruit Sculpin but better. Vermont is a great place for brews right now.

Treehouse, Maine Brewing Company, and The Alchemist make some amazing citrus IPAs - think Grapefruit Sculpin but better. Vermont is a great place for brews right now.
Need to get some of that then. Sadly not available down here [emoji20]

Oh, as I learned in college; the best beer in the world is free beer!!!!!
oh yeah ...
this is a very good beer ... :)
And if you talk seriously, German beers are very good ...
I highly recommend to try Ukrainian beer ... yes yes yes! there is a great climate, and growing very good hops, malt ...
almost all varieties of American beer that I drank seem too fresh .. like water ...
But the best thing this beer from the Czech Republic ...
do not even try to argue until you try it!

If we are talking best beers ever I have to throw a heavyweight in here

I lack the words to adequately describe this one. All I can say is every time I've had it I felt like I should be in a Bavarian beer hall. Just out of this world OMFG stuff

As you all know, I am in the middle of remodeling my basement with the addition of a small 4' wet bar. I only drink Heineken and was thinking of getting something Heineken related for the area.

What is your beer of choice and do you have anything related to the brand? Sign, glasses etc.

just tried this for the first time this weekend and i really dug it. i despise grapefruit so stayed away for a while, but finally bought a couple as part of a mixed six pack on the basis of my love for all other ballast point brews. glad i gave it a shot.

my summer beer choices are usually pretty limited and i fall back back on standard (some would say uninteresting or even bad) choices: sol, presidente, paulaner, magic hat #9, high life. but i'll add in the grapefruit sculpin to the list as well as dogfish head's namaste which i also tried for the first time this weekend. really tasty.

eANMI6S.jpg

picked up a new on that i dug a few days ago:

flZUVI6.jpg

six points brewery out of brooklyn. i was trying to sample some pilsners so i picked up a mixed 6 pack of some i'd never tried. the crisp was one and i really enjoyed it. however, as someone on beer advocate noted, it drinks more like a light IPA than a pils. so if you're looking for a summery IPA, i'd give it a try. curious to try some more 6 points, i picked up their actual IPA - bengali - and gave it a try tonight. it's good, but i actually prefer the crisp overall. i have their imperial IPA and their summer brew in the fridge to try soon, so i'll report back if they're worth reporting on.

my wife also tried the sculpin grapefruit and liked it which is crazy because she literally grimaces at the taste of IPA. she said it was still a little heavy, but that she enjoyed it. we have issues sometimes when we're trying to split a six pack at dinner (NJ has a LOT of bring your own places), so i'm glad to find a good middle ground. she also liked dogfish head's namaste, but that's no surprise since that drinks really smoothly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom