Your Beer of Choice? (6 Viewers)

This is my beer of choice... I don't know if it's my favorite (although it's definitely among them!) since some beers I love are either just seasonal, or one-offs, or impossible to get which make them impossible to call 'of choice'... The THA is local but can be found pretty much anywhere... Great balance of hop/malt imo... Not supper heavy so I can drink a bunch... Just a GREAT beer imo...

mq2tqUm.jpg

This is my beer of choice... I don't know if it's my favorite (although it's definitely among them!) since some beers I love are either just seasonal, or one-offs, or impossible to get which make them impossible to call 'of choice'... The THA is local but can be found pretty much anywhere... Great balance of hop/malt imo... Not supper heavy so I can drink a bunch... Just a GREAT beer imo...

mq2tqUm.jpg

I agree. This and Founders Red Rye are some of my favorite. I can get both beers on tap at Maiz and Red Rock. Both have great Happy Hours that run M-S from 3-6. At Maiz I can get a 25 ounce Two Hearted Ale for 3 bucks..............can't beat that shit.

I like lots of different types of beers, and usually change my beers with the season (Stouts in the winter, wheat beers in the summer, etc.) Fortunately, here in CO we have so many great microbrews to choose from. For the most part, I don't drink too many mass-produced beers, but Heineken & Heiny Dark are still among my favorites.

Prehaps, you are looking for something like this?
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 241
I like Pale Ales. I want a beer that reaches in, grabs my tongue, pulls it out and slaps it around waking up the taste buds!
Life is too short to drink "light" beer.
Like Jeff, I love Ambergeddon from Ale Asylum. I also like the American Pale Ale from the Great Dane Brewing Co. here in Madison.
Capitol Brewing has some new flavors, and my newest favorite is their Ghost Ship IPA, which is described as a "wheat ale with coriander and citrus peel."
Otherwise, my #1 is Leinie's Oktoberfest!

Favorite Beer

Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. Especially smooth when floating Guinness.

Attachments

• BBA_Snifter.png
    BBA_Snifter.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 254
Blue Moon...
Fat Tire...
Franziskaner...

The winner is?

Hard to say

IMG_0008.JPG

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 266
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 235
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Mattduck, I am with ya. If I had to pick a beer that is bottled, I too would pick the Sculpin!! Yum!!

I'm an Oktoberfest kinda guy myself, and Sam Adams is one of the best. I love the Boston lager too. For IPA, I love flying dog raging b!tch. Not a huge fan of wheat beers. My beer fridge always has some flying dog, Sam Adams, 2 additional IPAs of some sort, and whatever else looks good. Honestly, I haven't really found a beer that I can't stand.

Oh, as I learned in college; the best beer in the world is free beer!!!!!

Ambergeddon by Ale Asylum. Made in Madison, Wisconsin. Trihonda had it at his awesome MTTD meetup last year. I buy a case or two whenever I'm going through Madison!

Don't forget, I'm bringing down a couple cases to the WCB in July... However, if you make the MTTD in May, I'll have plenty on hand for you! :)

Amber-Bottle.jpg

I'm a hop head and drink about 95% IPAs along with some pale ales, stouts, black IPAs and porters mainly.

This is my 3-sided tap handle on my kegerator that's in the garage by the poker table.

A few of my current favorites besides Double Trouble are: Foothills Jade IPA (picked up 2 bombers tonight and going to order a half barrel soon, stuff is awesome), Bell's Two Hearted Ale, Racer 5, Olde Hickory Sam's Wake Up Bitter (Coffee IPA), Founders Centennial and

Hop-Drop-and-Roll.jpg

Waiting to see if I can score some Bell's Hopslam this year. Unfortunately for me Hopslam's like the football that Lucy takes away from Charlie Brown at the last second.....just when I think this is the year.

Well, ol' Charlie Brown finally kicked that football.

After years of trying to get some, I scored not 1, but 2 six packs of Hopslam today!

Just got plain lucky this time. Went to total wine at lunch and overhead the clerk say they had hopslam. They were not advertising it and were doing the typical line up saturday and if you get lucky after standing in line for hours, you might get a six pack. I just asked and they pulled out a sixer near the counter.

Then my co-worker called around and found some at another shop. They gave out tickets at 5pm and you picked it up at 6pm, which was perfect to have a pint while we waited.

Health screening tomorrow at work so I can't have anything but water after 11:20pm tonight. I'll have one tonight around ten while watching Better Call Saul. I'm pumped.

We like the Bell's Two-Hearted Ale, fine, but prefer the Amber. Tonight we were drinking the Amber and a few Lagunitas Censored Reds along with bbq ribs with a Memphis-style sauce -- a match made in heaven.

I've had a few black IPAs, and generally prefer them to the hop-dominated monsters so popular these days...

Oh, and we guzzled one of the monster (three quart?) bottles of Anchor Brewing's 2011 Special (christmas) Ale, last weekend. It's held up really well. Dark and rich, with sweet notes, perfect to go with spicy food.

Yikes! You guys are making me sick (ie. moosehead, molson ice etc.). However, I apologize if I seem aloof.....but, here are a few of my favs, all from Bend; and yes....all go to (some only when available):

• Worthy IPA
  • Worthy Pale Ale (huge go to)
  • Boneyard RPM IPA
  • Boneyard Hop Venom
  • Silver Moon Hopapotamus
  • Silver Moon Maui Wowie
  • Deschutes Red Chair (huge go to)
  • Deschutes Twilight
  • Deschutes Hop Henge
  • Deschutes Hop Trip
  • Goodlife Mountain Rescue
  • Goodlife Sweet As
  • Crux Sugar Daddy
  • Many more I can't think of........(it is kind of stupid here!!)

Last edited:
In my fridge now:

Founder's Centennial IPA
Cigar City Jai Alai IPA
Cigar City Tocobaga Red Ale
Big Storm Wavemaker Amber Ale

I generally prefer the amber and red ales for every day drinking.

I'm not that much of a beer drinker, but I can't say no to a nice cold wheat beer. Especially to a Hofbräu Kristall Weisse in front of Hofbräuhaus Munich.

Ahh, miss that time ...

E3B38180-8036-4989-8341-6F00324CB8B8-4590-00000438BC302ACA_zps9c7efbb6.jpg

Na denn, Prost, dass d'Gurgl net verrost't!
Sry but my Bavarian isn't that good. ;)

tapatalking ...

Depends what kind of night it is.

Do I want to be able to maintain my drunkeness throughout a night? Coors Light

Do I want the cheapest beer available at the bar to get drunk? $1 PBRs at a local pub

Do I want to casually sip a beer with dinner? Depends on the season.....Summer: Leinenkugel, Sam Summer, Corona. Fall: Pumpkin Head, Octoberfest, Harpoon Pumpkin Winter: Sam Winter, Guinness Spring: Cold Snap, Blue Moon. (Yes I'm from Boston and enjoy all the Sam Adams)

Christmas morning: UFO Gingerland

I have yet to explore too heavily into the craft beer world.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom