You can have one playable BCC set made for your own use. Which set are you making? (1 Viewer)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Per the title. GPI calls you up and says you can have one set made for your own use. The set cannot be fully custom and had to have been made previously. You can only use it for your own home game and you can't have thousands of them made and re-sell the excess on the secondary market to flip a profit, otherwise all of that profit is seized by GPI.

There's lots of ways to go here. Cash or tournament? Cigar and Snifter, Web, Suits, MGK, TFP, and T-molds.

What say you all?

Here's some pRon to influence some votes:

Riverboat Cash (credit @ChaosRock )

BCC Riverboat Web Mold - Cash Set | Poker Chip Forum

Riverboat Cash Set | Poker Chip Forum

Riverboat Tournament (credit: me)

View media item 20917

Capital Room Cash Set (courtesy @Frank )

GCOP (again courtesy of @Frank )

Suicide King Cash (courtesy @warewulf ):

And many more! Feel free to post your own photos as well!

I would do the MGK Capital Room Tourney chips that @BGinGA got stiffed on. However, since those probably weren't ever produced, a close second would be the MGK Suicide King Tourney chips.

I 'd sell my old body to the night (reminiscent of Mr. Gordon Sumner's lyrics, also known as "the Sting', in the "Roxanne" song), if I could order a custom set on the Meander ("Greek Key") mold:rolleyes:

Wait...

View attachment 656155

View attachment 656157

And

racks & racks of Protege snappers
Please keep me in mind if either of you ever decide to sell. An MGK molded set is the one thing missing from my collection that if I acquire, I can walk away from this hobby happy except for making a CPC set here and there. My immediate and intermediate term financial state is in flux right now, and most of my sets are vaulted, but I would make something work if MGK molded chips are available for me to purchase.

To provide my own answer to this topic, I'd go with either Lady Luck or Capital Room, as tempting as a cash set counterpart is for my tournament Riverboats set.

The one thing preventing me from making a "Godfather" offer for a Capital Room set is that there seems to not be very many quarters made for this set. I'd want at least two racks, and the only two playable sets I know of only have just a rack of quarters plus or minus a barrel.

Given the parameters set forth in the OP (no customs, previously produced), I'd order a 5,000 chip set of web mold quarter-pie Riverboats (all denominations, 25c through $5000), with a breakdown that covers both cash games (varying stakes from 25c/25c up to 5/10 limit) and tournaments (T.25-base up to T500-base).

1000 x 25c
1000 x $1
1000 x $5
400 x $25
400 x $100
400 x $500
400 x $1000
400 x $5000

Last edited:
It would be a toss up for me... I absolutely love @abby99 Lady Luck series the but would like the $20 and $100 to be 50mm no mold. For cash

For tournament chips
@toad94 custom Silver Dust chips are amazing
20210305_165340.jpg

Or the all 50mm no mold Grand Card Room Tourney chips, but that I know of there were only 4 color options? Possibly 5? So on the upper tourney denoms the chips repeat themselves in the sets I have seen. That would be tilting a bit! Otherwise my choice would be between these 3 sets.

Given the parameters set forth in the OP (no customs, previously produced), I'd order a 5,000 chip set of web mold quarter-pie Riverboats (all denominations, 25c through $5000), with a breakdown that covers both cash games (varying stakes from 25c/25c up to 5/10 limit) and tournaments (T.25-base up to T500-base).

1000 x 25c
1000 x $1
1000 x $5
400 x $25
400 x $100
400 x $500
400 x $1000
400 x $5000
Sign me up for these as well!

Something made by @toad94

Edit: as well as BCC dessert palms. Always had a sweet spot for those! PS: if anyone has a sample set I would be interested!

Last edited:
Were other people’s customs intended to be an available option, OP?

The one thing preventing me from making a "Godfather" offer for a Capital Room set is that there seems to not be very many quarters made for this set. I'd want at least two racks, and the only two playable sets I know of only have just a rack of quarters plus or minus a barrel.
Looks like @Frank has 150, and I have a rack. Maybe I’ll sell him my rack. :unsure:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom