Xbox one s or PlayStation 4 (1 Viewer)

And Cuphead.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

So it looks like I'm gonna pull the trigger on a Xbox one X after reading about it. If I'm gonna be buying I wanna be buying the best. Just like when it comes to chips eh! Does anyone own a one X and how does that compare to the one s I've read a few reviews but would like some feedback from here too

Cheers, James

I love my PS4 pro.. with a 4K HDR tv, it’s astounding. I went ps4 due the much better exclusive selection. Horizon Zero Dawn is worth getting the system all on its own...

I went from an original Xbox One to the One X.

Honestly, other than maybe some load times being reduced, I don't notice a huge difference.

HOWEVER - I'm also not setup for 4k...and I think with the One X that's the biggest draw.

I really wish they would have put an SSD in this thing...

I love my PS4 pro.. with a 4K HDR tv, it’s astounding. I went ps4 due the much better exclusive selection. Horizon Zero Dawn is worth getting the system all on its own...

Just got done playing HZD. Great Game!!

I went from an original Xbox One to the One X.

Honestly, other than maybe some load times being reduced, I don't notice a huge difference.

HOWEVER - I'm also not setup for 4k...and I think with the One X that's the biggest draw.

I really wish they would have put an SSD in this thing...
Yeah I'm buying a 4k smart TV on Friday so that's what got me thinking about the one X it's twice the price of the one s but is it worth the extra ££££'s that's what I'm thinking????

Yeah, I think it's a bit subjective and something you gotta decide. Is the jump to 4k that noticeable for you and worth the $$$?

Right now I'm perfectly content with full HD.

I bought the X because I got good money back from selling my original Xbox One, I needed the 1TB of space...and I'll be ready for 4K once I upgrade my receiver / TV.

Yeah, I think it's a bit subjective and something you gotta decide. Is the jump to 4k that noticeable for you and worth the $$$?

I bought the X because I got good money back from selling my original Xbox One, I needed the 1TB of space...and I'll be ready for 4K once I upgrade my receiver / TV.
So forgive my ignorance but am I correct in saying that the Xbox one s is full hd but NOT 4k but the X is 4k???? I'm really on the fence to whether I should plump for the X I'd really like to see a comparison

Cheers, James

I’m gonna lay that to rest... when my PS4 is booting a game, it typically starts the game in reg hi def (and it looks good), but then the HDR logo kicks in and the colors and TV just come alive. It’s night and day... if you don’t know the difference, continue with the blissful ignorance. But if you want to be amazed. Go with HDR and the pro or X.

I'd say Xbox one IF you're going to take advantage of the 4K aspect. That and I am NOT a fan of anything Sony. My brother in-law used to be their head IT guy for Western Europe and he has less than good things to say about the company and its products. So call me biased..:D

Wait, you're telling me that when you are avoiding companies based on terrible products, terrible quality, terrible business practices and terrible customer service, you are picking Microsoft over Sony? SMH.

SMH.

SMH.

SMH.

Still...SMH.

Wait, you're telling me that when you are avoiding companies based on terrible products, terrible quality, terrible business practices and terrible customer service, you are picking Microsoft over Sony? SMH.

SMH.

SMH.

SMH.

Still...SMH.
Smh all you want but at the end of the day a Microsoft product isn't going to fail after two years leaving me out of pocket. I suppose the only right thing to do is play with a couple chestnuts on string. Let me guess...you typed up your response on a Mac? Lmao...

I’m gonna lay that to rest... when my PS4 is booting a game, it typically starts the game in reg hi def (and it looks good), but then the HDR logo kicks in and the colors and TV just come alive. It’s night and day... if you don’t know the difference, continue with the blissful ignorance. But if you want to be amazed. Go with HDR and the pro or X.

Right - so whether or not the difference in picture / color quality is worth the $$$ is subjective.

Yes - there is a noticeable difference between HD resolution and something 4x that with HDR. But whether or not that difference is worth the $$$ is something OP needs to figure out for himself.

Not all gamers need the highest resolutions, some are more concerned with the content / gameplay...and that is what would drive their decision.
I personally have always wanted the latest and greatest tech, but we aren't all the same.

So forgive my ignorance but am I correct in saying that the Xbox one s is full hd but NOT 4k but the X is 4k???? I'm really on the fence to whether I should plump for the X I'd really like to see a comparison

Cheers, James

The difference for the average user is that the "S" can play 4K media (BluRay) and upscale... but the X is the only console that can play games in native 4K.
The X also has more horsepower to keep higher frame rates.

So, yes - you are correct, the 'S' cannot play games in true 4K.

I pulled the trigger and got the Xbox one X with battlefield bundle also got Fifa 19 threw in for free so happy days. Purchased a new 4k TV to go with it also!

Enjoy!

I recently upgraded my S to an X, and the difference in image quality and frame rates (with a 4K TV of course) is significant. I think you'll enjoy.

Two other things:
  1. If you don't already have it, get XBL Gold for online play and lots of free games. I usually buy 12-month codes online rather than using auto-renewal; it's about $15-20/year cheaper.
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2.

We still play the original XBox, twice a week during the football season. Twice a week since 2002. I was pissed when Microsoft ended support for it with XBox Live.

Upgraded to XBox 360. After much contemplation about a jump to PS, but I also have an original Playstation somewhere. It just never gets out.

I also have a Super Nintendo, which I still hook up from time to time (Mario Cart Rules!). It's quality led me to the Wii, which was fun, but it just does not get played anymore, despite being hooked up.

As I consider the current generation of gaming systems, XBox still leads the way. Yes, PS has slightly better hardware, but I'm used to running on antiques, so that does not impress me. Game quality, replayability, and comfort rule. That leads me to the XBox for the controller, and the stuff available on XBox live (until they just drop support, as Microsoft is want to do).

Well first impressions of my new Xbox one X is just WOW. The visuals are just stunning the only thing I'm not liking is the download times, so even if you have a hard copy of a game it still takes ages to download!

Well first impressions of my new Xbox one X is just WOW. The visuals are just stunning the only thing I'm not liking is the download times, so even if you have a hard copy of a game it still takes ages to download!

What's your download speed when you go into network settings and perform a detailed test?

I have a 360. Dont game that much. But I heard that the new Xbox series X was not going to have exclusive games. That means that the new games will also be able to be played on the current Xbox one system. There is a price drop to 349 that includes a game and then extra controller.

talk me out of buying an Xbox One X.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom