Working on new fantasy set! Take a peek! (1 Viewer)

Bad Toad

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I got the idea to put together a tournament set of them big China clay chips and have an appropriate theme. Here is what I’ve got going. Please leave comments and praises. Thanks.
54CC6018-0F53-49E3-8191-262ED1DFD374.jpeg

Did you draw that? Really like the design of the foo dog!

(Wondering why this post went into the chip labeling subforum rather than the mockup and design one. Not a criticism, just curious. I posted some designs in the mockup forum even though I am at the stage where I am making test labels. Maybe I should have made the posts here. :unsure:)

I used images found on the internet and have a web design teacher at work doing the design. I probably posted this in the wrong place. Maybe I’ll put it there as well for more exposure.

I'm not sure why, but personally, I don't like that there are three different font colors.

How is the detail on the image? What do you think about having one side be just the image (to give it more room to show more detail) with the other side having the name, maybe some characters or more abstract imagery, and the denom?

I understand about the colors, wanted these to be a bit loud even a little over the top perhaps.

The image should look great on a label. I posted a better resolution image in post above. I thought about a different side, like the samurai T mold.

Fantastic logo, works well w every chip!!!

Don’t like the font not matching top and bottom and the name makes me think Food Dog, is a dragon called Foo Dog?

Another couple of cents...

+1 for larger on the denom font. And maybe with a white outline so it pops off the busy graphic in the center. And I think I'd try a different color for the denom. For me the 'regular' red isn't jiving with the bright colors in the graphic. Maybe a version of dark peach'ish from the nose?

I'm liking it. But I got some thoughts: The basis of the lion graphic looks good, but I'm not sure if it's the quality of your printer (in the mockups), or the quality of the photograph, or both, as it's a bit blurry and a lot of detail is lost. In fact, would it be good to use a vectorised graphic for the lion? That way you preserve a lot more of the image quality when it's printed. If it were up to me, I would see if I could design a less detailed (less lines, more bolder colours) lion graphic as it's gonna be shrunk down a lot anyway, so why not make it look as clear and defined as possible? But I like the colours you have in the inlay, seems to go with the general chip lineup.

Agreed. Once I saw the image and knew the chip colors, it seemed a perfect match.

I’d blame the printer, not high quality.

vectorised?

Agreed. Once I saw the image and knew the chip colors, it seemed a perfect match.

I’d blame the printer, not high quality.

vectorised?
Weirdly enough I work a lot with vector vs rasterised images but I'm finding it hard to explain haha. This link probably explains it better.
Essentially vector images have higher quality than raster images. But when you print at such a small size it might not matter anyway. I guess my point is the digital mockup image you posted seems to be quite blurry and low quality, so you could attempt to see if you can find a higher quality one or design one yourself. :)
opt-rv-image-banner-9.jpg

Have to worry about printing bleed when using a pure black background, tends to overwhelm thin fonts and parts of fonts.

One way to overcome this is by outlining the text elements, including denom, in a bright thick colour. Maybe light blue?

So far it has been just me getting the image, text, layout basics. Then the web design teacher where I work does the putting together part for me.

I’m thinking stickermule.com is going to be my first choice for this set. This is going to be a fairly low budget semi custom set, nothing crazy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom