SOLD Windwalker Sale #4: a Starter ESPT Set Plus Extras (Newbie Sale) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I many also be an extreme outlier, but my first month here, my budget for a set of chips was $150. The second month I actually bought a set, and spent about $250. Last month I spent $500 on my custom cards mold set. MAYBE by the end of the year I MIGHT be ready to drop coin on something like this. Yeah I know, snails pace. I suspect most n00bs are somewhere in between our two extremes.
Yes, I agree. I think from the advice of most members it's "get samples" to figure out what you like. So highly unlikely most "noobs" will want to spend this kind of money when lots of research is in order to figure things out. I'm with you, when i first got on here i told myself lets try to spend around $1/chip, a month later it was $1.50, then a month later it was $2. Now milling, labels, sky's the limit. I still don't know what half the terms mean or half of the chips people are talking about unless they post pictures. I still consider myself a noob and I've been here for a few months but seems like a year.
You're all bad influences but I love it. Hahahaha

Edit, i wrote all this before i got to the part they were sold. Duh

Last edited:
Yeah, honestly -- this idea was born from a PM I got last week from a newbie who was sincerely asking how I got access to all these sets, and that he had been trying for days, but no-one would give him access to the nicer sets because he was new. I thought this sale might help with people like that! :)
I think it's a great gesture!

Anyone who isn't a noob and wanted these should have just set up a new account, posted quickly enough times to be able to post in the classifieds — and then swooped in to buy!

giphy (19) (7).gif

Anyone who isn't a noob and wanted these should have just set up a new account, posted quickly enough times to be able to post in the classifieds — and then swooped in to buy!

View attachment 527181

There’s also the number of days one must spend before gaining access to classifieds, which I believe is 10. Cant remember.

Well, apart from that minor detail, it was the perfect plan.
Honestly, I was afraid something like that could happen, but good that there are measures in place and a real newbie got them fair and square. Sure, I'm a bit bitter, but it's not the end of the world, and at least I'll be able to sleep tonight :D :) what also helped was the Soggy Bottom Boys' performance in The Movie that was chosen tonight!

View attachment 527181
There’s also the number of days one must spend before gaining access to classifieds, which I believe is 10. Cant remember.
Obv master solution is to create a new account every 10 days.

/ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom